Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Reader Polls

View Poll Results: LADY GAGA, love her or hate her?
Love her!!! 53 48.62%
Hate Her!!! 56 51.38%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #541
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eddy View Post
Coincidentally this thread has been resurrected on her birthday!
Haha, was not intentional!
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #542
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby
 
DVD-fanatic-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
I have regretted putting True Blood in there for a while. I just nixed it. I couldn't find files for Ghoulies, The Church or Murder Rock but I thought of some other good supplements.
You sure did. I approve of all! (I really have to stop saying that, but youknowwhatImean- A+ choices, all.)

YouTube is pretty nasty with music copyright rules (I've wanted to upload some Joan Osborne tracks for so long just because you really can listen to almost any major artist and every track on all their major albums on YT and they guard her tighter than Prince seems to snap over his stuff on there)... did they...offer you Lady Gaga as a replacement (in their remixing program thing)?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #543
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
You sure did. I approve of all! (I really have to stop saying that, but youknowwhatImean- A+ choices, all.)

YouTube is pretty nasty with music copyright rules (I've wanted to upload some Joan Osborne tracks for so long just because you really can listen to almost any major artist and every track on all their major albums on YT and they guard her tighter than Prince seems to snap over his stuff on there)... did they...offer you Lady Gaga as a replacement (in their remixing program thing)?
No, they didn't. Their replacement choices are awful. Luckily, the Gaga song and Dead Milkmen song were similar lengths so I just switched the song out and reloaded it. I find it odd how they can be so strict on some artists and yet so lenient on others. I wouldn't think Joan Osborne would have such a lock down on her music.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #544
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby
 
DVD-fanatic-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,160
Not her, necessarily, personally. Universal. Who... I believe owns Lady Gaga. (Go figure.)

I'm surprised you didn't choose "Bloody Mary" originally- did you notice how perfectly that last clip flowed with the dying down of the music? (And I mean the sound of the music, not the fact that it was the end. She has some kind of lyrics barely audible and I think they said something like "don't leave without me"...)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #545
Anaestheus
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,190
OK, you've already done a lot of work and a nice job at that. But, if you are looking for any more good dance clips, you might want to look at Strange Behavior for the "Lightning Strikes" sequence.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #546
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby
 
DVD-fanatic-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,160
And Carnival of Souls - the last scene.
And Fright (1971) - the kitchen scenes.
Halloween 5 - at the farm dance.
Brain Damage - at the goth rock club.
Psycho III - Norman and Maureen dancing at the restaurant.
The Amityville Horror - Margot Kidder doing ballet stretches in front of her mirror.
Blue Sunshine - the disco scenes.
The Howling III - the discotheque scene.
Near Dark - Mae and James LeGros dancing at the bar.
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Becky dancing for the video camera.
Ghoulies II - the belly dancers.
Candyman - this is a stretch but the camera danced around Helen while Candyman held her (the moment after she tries to stab him with the hook).
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #547
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Not her, necessarily, personally. Universal. Who... I believe owns Lady Gaga. (Go figure.)

I'm surprised you didn't choose "Bloody Mary" originally- did you notice how perfectly that last clip flowed with the dying down of the music? (And I mean the sound of the music, not the fact that it was the end. She has some kind of lyrics barely audible and I think they said something like "don't leave without me"...)
Peaches is a good artist to use because her music is upbeat and the videos are allowed to be played on a mobile device.

I know, that's funny about "Bloody Mary". I had everything fitting so well to Dead Milkmen, I was really bummed when it got blocked. I put the "Bloody Mary" song over it just to see what the feel would be like and I was like hey, this works too. Actually, by taking the True Blood scene out and rearranging some things, I think parts of the songs work even better for the clips now. Notice right when Linda Blair gets hit by the "psychic rock" while dancing, is when Gaga lets out her scream now. That amused me. I also like that her scream now happens while the head is rolling during the Evil Dead II clip.

I was always happy with how the Prom Night ending came out - the music does really fit well. Sometimes it's intentional and sometimes things just come together accidentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaestheus View Post
OK, you've already done a lot of work and a nice job at that. But, if you are looking for any more good dance clips, you might want to look at Strange Behavior for the "Lightning Strikes" sequence.
Thanks! I've never seen that one. I've been meaning to check it out. I will definitely consider adding it.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #548
deepred
Maniac
 
deepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
And Carnival of Souls - the last scene.
And Fright (1971) - the kitchen scenes.
Halloween 5 - at the farm dance.
Brain Damage - at the goth rock club.
Psycho III - Norman and Maureen dancing at the restaurant.
The Amityville Horror - Margot Kidder doing ballet stretches in front of her mirror.
Blue Sunshine - the disco scenes.
The Howling III - the discotheque scene.
Near Dark - Mae and James LeGros dancing at the bar.
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Becky dancing for the video camera.
Ghoulies II - the belly dancers.
Candyman - this is a stretch but the camera danced around Helen while Candyman held her (the moment after she tries to stab him with the hook).
So many when you think about it. I also thought of House on Soroity Row, Wicker Man, Sleepwalkers and Planet Terror. Maybe I will need to make a sequel.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #549
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby
 
DVD-fanatic-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,160
I've...*gulp*...never seen The Wicker Man.

It keeps slipping through my fingers. I'd watch it on YouTube but the quality's horrendous. (Also, the fact that there are multiple versions worries me. I want to see the right version and see that version the first time.)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #550
X-human
I ate my keys
 
X-human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,728
The Abramovic Method by Lady Gaga (NSFW) 18+
__________________
The combined weight of the horrors I have authored wrought would crush your carbon hearts into perfect diamonds of terror!

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com