Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #16
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Echo Bridge's Blu-Rays are recipes for madness. It's not just that many of their discs are bad, though many are, but moreso that they're mind-bogglingly inconsistent. You can never take it for granted that a solo release of a title will give you better audio and video presentation than that same title in of their multi-pack releases.
You're correct. I was going to pick the Echo Bridge Halloween films, however the Prophecy discs are just awful.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #17
Zollman
Victim

The Hills Have Eyes.
Zollman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #18
thing
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
You're correct. I was going to pick the Echo Bridge Halloween films, however the Prophecy discs are just awful.
The Eco Bridge release of Halloween Resurrection is fine, the rest are bad
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #19
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollman View Post
The Hills Have Eyes.
Ooh, good one. We got a screener copy of that on blu and I was floored when I put it in and found out that it looked exactly the same as Anchor Bay's old DVD release, if not even worse. Absolutely dreadful.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #20
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
Night of the Living Dead '90 from Twilight has to be my most disappointing buy. Other than that, I can't think of any. Now content wise (i.e. the movie itself being bad), well that's a different story...lol.
Hey, don't look at it that way. At least you have yourself an investment!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #21
Dobby
HackMaster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Hey, don't look at it that way. At least you have yourself an investment!
Hahaaa almost spit my dinner out reading this!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #22
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I could name a bunch of Anchor Bay Blu-ray releases in the last 2 years that were all huge disappointments.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
X-human
I ate my keys

The Deadly Spawn is a real disappointment because we were shown an image of the "new transfer" early on and it looked amazing. Then we got the Blu-ray and it looked worse than the Synapse DVD. So they recalled it and months later we got a "new" Blu-ray that only looked about as good as the Synapse DVD. Then they said TS. What a hot steaming mess that all was.

Hammer's Blu-ray releases of Curse of Frankenstein, The Devil Rides Out and even Horror of Dracula to some extent have all been disappointments. The Brides of Dracula has been another as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtqEU-Z5hM

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Glad that I've held onto my Deadly Spawn DVD, and didn't purchase the Blu-Ray, and I'm also glad I didn't shell out to buy Night Of The Living Dead '90 from Twilight Time. The only Blu-Ray I purchased from them was Fright Night, and to me, that was a no-brainer.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #25
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
The Deadly Spawn is a real disappointment because we were shown an image of the "new transfer" early on and it looked amazing. Then we got the Blu-ray and it looked worse than the Synapse DVD. So they recalled it and months later we got a "new" Blu-ray that only looked about as good as the Synapse DVD. Then they said TS. What a hot steaming mess that all was.

Hammer's Blu-ray releases of Curse of Frankenstein, The Devil Rides Out and even Horror of Dracula to some extent have all been disappointments. The Brides of Dracula has been another as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgtqEU-Z5hM
I quite liked the transfer of Curse Of Frankenstein and was more than pleased with Dracula. The BD of Django from the UK wasent great and neither was Die Hard 2 which didnt even look like an HD transfer.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
Demoni
HackMaster

What´s the "tittles" of the next threads???

- Most disappointed blu-ray in last 3 years?
- Most disappointed blu-ray in last 4 years?
- Most disappointed blu-ray in last 5 years?

While the title was made so that the creator in question could point out is dislike for the release of the "tittles" "The Boogens" the best "tittles" for a useful thread was "Most disappointed blu-ray ever?".

Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #27
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
Glad that I've held onto my Deadly Spawn DVD, and didn't purchase the Blu-Ray.
Right? I was so close to doing just that. It's easy to forget yourself and just start blindly buying for the "upgrade" before the reviews hit.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #28
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Thanks to the people pointing out others faults and spelling mistakes while not taking into account for a second that someone on here could potentially have a learning disability or dyslexia.
I'm sure you're all Mensa members and lead very full lives, which is why you post here several times a day.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #29
horrorscreamer
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Thanks to the people pointing out others faults and spelling mistakes while not taking into account for a second that someone on here could potentially have a learning disability or dyslexia.
I'm sure you're all Mensa members and lead very full lives, which is why you post here several times a day.
I think that people are frustrated with pointless topics, whether you're dyslectic or not it makes no sense to add "in last 2 years" to this topic - I mean, blu-ray really hasn't been around for THAT long anyway. Anyway so I don't think people are maliciously attacking people for innocent spelling mistakes but for constantly making up ridiculous threads and to add insult to injury the threads are misspelled and make little to no sense.
horrorscreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
The Christopher Walken Prophecy films courtesy of Echo Bridge. The DVD's looked better.
That comes with the territory for EB's transfers of all of Miramax's and Dimension's films. If I want to watch one of the Children of the Corn sequels, I actually turn to Netflix first. (Until they're taken down, that is.) Too bad CotC II has no other fucking DVD release. Is it even on Blu-Ray; is that in fullscreen as well?

Either the Weinsteins are being pretty friggin' serious assholes not giving them the best quality versions or Echo Bridge just seriously suck at this.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 09-04-2013 at 03:38 AM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote