Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #46
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
Any of you guys fans of SEX IS ZERO? It's a Korean remake updated for the post-AMERICAN PIE generation. I thought it was pretty darn funny. Here's the trailer Panik House put together for their release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UyWFVuXgf8

(For some reason their disc was non-anamorphic. The earlier Korean import I have looks a lot nicer.)
I have both movies... they rock!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I didn't realize there was a SEX IS ZERO 2 until I was looking for the trailer for part 1. Sounds like I need to pick it up!
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #48
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Mondo Digital on Arrow's THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/lastvirgin.html

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #49
ronnie21
HackMaster

sounds like a good review, I really would love to know if on the original audio track, if the human league song was put back in this version... if so I would get it..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #50
Franco
Weekender

I'm definitely going with this one. There seems to be no chance of a soon american release w/ similar extras, no?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #51
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
I'm definitely going with this one. There seems to be no chance of a soon american release w/ similar extras, no?
Who knows... anything's possible. I'd say if anybody will license and release it here it would be Shout Factory. Even if they do, it probably won't be as feature packed.

I have it on pre-order, but it probably won't ship until the week after since I have Squirm stuck in the order to save on shipping costs from the UK.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #52
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Another review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-La.../71499/#Review

Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #53
ronnie21
HackMaster

The MGM dvd looks really good.. actually the colors on that one look better than these screen shots... Hopefully we will get a better release over here soon... Plus, they still took out the Human League song that was featured in all the VHS copies..
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #54
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
Plus, they still took out the Human League song that was featured in all the VHS copies..
Nobody took out anything.

Blame the group itself for this. Arrow has stated that "The Human League" have stopped the song being included. Sadly, there was nothing Arrow could do about it, and based on their investigation it will never be put back in.

The only way to put the song back into the movie is for someone to do a preservation project on this.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #55
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Arrow picked a poor time to start region locking their discs because I would have been all over this, Motel Hell, Spider Baby, and Deranged.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #56
Katatonia
Master of Doom

The Beaver reviews it: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...in_blu-ray.htm

Old 09-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #57
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Forget about an American release - nobody will be able to top Arrow's awesome new Blu-ray package. If anyone in the US releases it all they're going to do is recycle an old transfer and use the worst photoshop cover imaginable. Shout Factory might pick it up someday but, again, they won't release a better edition.Get yourself a region-free player and buy this! It's available now
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #58
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Forget about an American release - nobody will be able to top Arrow's awesome new Blu-ray package. If anyone in the US releases it all they're going to do is recycle an old transfer and use the worst photoshop cover imaginable. Shout Factory might pick it up someday but, again, they won't release a better edition.Get yourself a region-free player and buy this! It's available now
I don't know. To me that PQ doesn't look much better than the DVD. There isn't much more detail and once again Arrow's transfer is way too bright, making the skin colour too white and zombie like.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #59
ronnie21
HackMaster

Yeah, not impressed with those shots. I think the dvd looks fine. but yeah, way too bright.....
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #60
Paff

I finally saw Lemon Popsicle. Wow, when you hear of "shot-by-shot remake", LAV is right up there (compared to Popsicle). Camera angles are the same, so are the sight gags (like the fat guy in gym class, Benji/Gary dropping the tray of glasses, etc). Even small things like the ice cream in the opening scene...while watching LAV, I always thought, "Damn that's a small scoop...I'd be pretty pissed with that", but it was the same in Popsicle.

I think I prefer Last American Virgin though. I like the music a little more, and I think there were times in Lemon Popsicle that they shouldn't have had a pop soundtrack going on. It was distracting. Plus, the version I saw had really poor dubbing, which always takes away from a film.

I do have to say though, I think the girl in Lemon Popsicle is way prettier than Diane Franklin, and I like Diane Franklin a LOT so that's really saying something! Doesn't hurt that she gets nekkid too.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote