Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 09-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #781
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Blue Underground are back in action with their hi-def debut of William Lustig's MANIAC COP 2 (1990)! Blowing its predecessor out of the water, this superior sequel finds our supernatural supertrooper rising from his watery grave to exact revenge on those responsible for the police corruption cover-up that ended his life. Partnering with a stripper-strangling serial killer sidekick(!), a plan is hatched to storm the original prison murder site, taking down those who set him up. Again scripted by genre auteur Larry Cohen, MANIAC COP 2 offers your usual quirky characters along with a ramped-up slate of stunt set-pieces, including an incredible fire gag, a great car chase (complete with someone hanging out a window), and an amazingly over-the-top police station assault that puts THE TERMINATOR to shame. Blue Underground have also packed the blu ray with commentary, a new making-of documentary, deleted scenes and more, making this an easily recommended purchase.

Amazon Preorders for MANIAC COP 2 & 3 are now up for 11/19. Direct links can be found at my Upcoming Releases list.
http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/2...s-of-note.html

MANIAC COP 2 trailer: http://youtu.be/twZHtPPv-mI
MANIAC COP 3 trailer: http://youtu.be/JirurHj37TU

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #782
Steel76
Maniac

Glad to see they finally added something NEW to the catalog.
Hope they continue to release more american horror/cult from now on.
Got tired of their endless euro re-releases.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #783
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Glad to see they finally added something NEW to the catalog.
Hope they continue to release more american horror/cult from now on.
Got tired of their endless euro re-releases.
Definatly although I would still love to see some of their more famous back catalogue upgraded to Blu. Mountain Of The Cannibal God, Shock Waves etc etc.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #784
spawningblue
Deadite

Blind Dead films for me please!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #785
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Blind Dead films for me please!
Oh yes and those as well!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #786
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Blue Underground has reported on Facebook that Hell Of The Living Dead will be released on Blu-ray in 2014! And here's Blu-ray.com's report:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12190

"U.S. distributors Blue Underground have revealed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of cult Italian director Bruno Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead a.k.a Virus (1980), starring Margit Evelyn Newton, Franco Garofalo, Selan Karay, Jos� Gras, and Gabriel Renom. The release is expected to arrive on the market in early 2014.

An accident at a chemical plant unleashes a horrific virus, and an elite SWAT team is sent to New Guinea to investigate. But when they arrive on the hellish island, they discover a plague of flesh-eating zombies as well as a beautiful female reporter who practices nude anthropology. Can the commandos survive this cannibal rampage, uncover a shocking government secret, and still find time for the occasional cross-dressing before the ravenous hordes of the living dead infect the entire world?

Directed by the notorious Bruno Mattei (Rats: Night of Terror, Emanuelle in Prison and SS Experiment Love Camp), this '80s Italian gut-muncher is infamous for its eye-popping gore, jaw-dropping dialog and heart-stopping use of inappropriate stock footage. Also known as Night of the Zombies and Zombie Creeping Flesh."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #787
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Blue Underground has reported on Facebook that Hell Of The Living Dead will be released on Blu-ray in 2014! And here's Blu-ray.com's report:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12190

Damn that's great news! One of my favorite Italian zombie films. Plus I've been waiting to upgrade my old AB dvd.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #788
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Sweet! Looking forward to a nice upgrade of Hell of the Living Dead. I love that whole sequence near the beginning in the abandoned barracks.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #789
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Now BU is reporting on Facebook that Rats: Night Of Terror will be coming to Blu-ray next year too!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #790
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Now BU is reporting on Facebook that Rats: Night Of Terror will be coming to Blu-ray next year too!
Im up for Hell Of The Living Dead on BD but cant see Rats being a great seller.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #791
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah Hell of the Living Dead is great! Rats, not so much. That said, I will probably still pick it up to replace my DVD and support their company. Glad to see them returning to their former self and more importantly showing some support again for Blu-ray!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #792
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Snuff review!:

http://www.mondo-digital.com/snuff.html
Old 10-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #793
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12312

"U.S. distributors Blue Underground have confirmed that they are planning to release on Blu-ray director Sergio Corbucci's Compa´┐Żeros a.k.a Vamos a matar, compa├▒eros (1970), starring Franco Nero, Tomas Milian, Jack Palance, Fernando Rey, and Karin Schubert. The release is expected to arrive on the U.S. market in early 2014.

Yodlaf Peterson (Franco Nero of Keoma) is a suave Swedish arms dealer with a love for fast money. Vasco (Tomas Milian of Traffic) is a trigger-happy Mexican bandit with a hate for suave Swedish arms dealers. But when the two team up to kidnap a professor who holds the key to a fortune in gold, they find themselves hunted by the American army, stalked by a marijuana-crazed sadist (Academy Award winner Jack Palance) and trapped in the middle of a revolution about to explode. Can these two enemies blast their way across Mexico together without killing each other first?

Written and directed by the legendary Sergio Corbucci (The Great Silence), Companeros is a once-in-a-lifetime teaming of the two greatest European stars in 'Spaghetti Western' history. With a soundtrack by the legendary Ennio Morricone."
Old 11-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #794
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I started watching the featurette for MANIAC COP 3 last night -- in the opening moments, Lustig likens it to "a pot full of piss." This is going to be a good one...

Rock!Shock!Pop! reviews MANIAC COP 2:

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...4-Maniac-Cop-2

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #795
Christy
Victim

Good solid review has intrigued me now I want to see this. I've never seen Maniac Cop 2 before so hopefully I can find this at a good price.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote