Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I don't often agree with him, and his opinions may sometimes piss me off, but he's fun to read...
That's good enough for me.

DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
If its one thing we don't like here at Horror Digital its someone with a strong opinions that we don't agree with. And it's easier to whine and ridicule than to ignore or come up with a reasoned argument against.
Like many have already posted, it has nothing to do with not agreeing with him. I don't agree with many on here, which only makes sense as we aren't all clones. It's the arrogant way he posts like he is right and everyone else is wrong. His opinions aren't opinions, they're facts, and if we don't agree, it's because we are idiots. And that's funny that you think you can have a reasoned argument with him. Has anyone been successful in doing so? Everyone else, yeah probably, him, no. How do you argue with someone that is always right?

And it's one thing for someone to dislike a film, but he hates every film! It's annoying to come into every thread and read why this movie or that movies sucks. And why if you like it it's because you are either an idiot, have no taste, or are a misogynist, or all three.

Even in this thread I stated how I was excited about a sequel to this film because I loved the first film.

Of course he has to reply,

"No, Trick 'R Treat sucked. Hard.

The only semi-decent thing about it is what it stole from other movies: Creepshow, Sleepy Hollow, The Lady in White, The Company of Wolves, House of 1000 Corpses, Scream, etc."

He does this all the time, in every thread! It's fine we get it, you don't like the movie. You have stated it several times! But why comes into a thread (Or every related thread for that matter) asking about a sequel only to attack anyone that liked the first film?

We have all got along in this thread for years now, but he seems to be the one that has just been merely tolerated. He steps on a lot of people's toes and is proud to do so. There's a reason a lot of people on here can't stand him, we haven't just blindly started hating on him.

State your opinion and move on, but don't sit there and hang out in the thread (One post wasn't enough, you needed 5 long posts to explain how much this movie sucks) so you can attack everyones posts who enjoyed the film. That's just annoying!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 09-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #33
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
And it's one thing for someone to dislike a film, but he hates every film! It's annoying to come into every thread and read why this movie or that movies sucks. And why if you like it it's because you are either an idiot, have no taste, or are a misogynist, or all three.
I don't know why I feel the need to do this with you, I ignore anyone else. But:

READ MY FUCKING POSTS if you're going to reference them. You're not talking about my posts, you're interpreting them. You are generalizing. You are seriously generalizing.

I have never once in my time on this board told anyone they were a misogynist nor have I even suggested it and you have no right to throw that accusation around. At all. Nor does anyone else have any right to contest this. At all.

I have every right to analyze films and be fucking pissed off by a latent disrespect shown toward women or any other group of people. This does not translate into judgmental accusations of hatred or intolerance on the part of any viewer. This is something I will not tolerate in this atmosphere of "anything goes" mudslinging against me. I take the real life issues I talk about very seriously.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #34
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
I don't know why I feel the need to do this with you, I ignore anyone else. But:

READ MY FUCKING POSTS if you're going to reference them. You're not talking about my posts, you're interpreting them. You are generalizing. You are seriously generalizing.

I have never once in my time on this board told anyone they were a misogynist nor have I even suggested it and you have no right to throw that accusation around. At all. Nor does anyone else have any right to contest this. At all.

I have every right to analyze films and be fucking pissed off by a latent disrespect shown toward women or any other group of people. This does not translate into judgmental accusations of hatred or intolerance on the part of any viewer. This is something I will not tolerate in this atmosphere of "anything goes" mudslinging against me. I take the real life issues I talk about very seriously.
For every one person on here who defends you, there are twenty who call you out on your bullshit. You simply do not get it:

YOU. ARE. WRONG.

This doesn't happen to every other member. This happens to you and you only. And it's been happening for years. People state explicitly what it is that pisses them off about your posts and you completely lack the humility to do any amount of objective introspection. If you start driving the wrong way down a one way street, and everyone honks, flashes their lights, and waves from the street, you don't keep driving.

Your response to all of this is complaining that no one reads your posts, no one understands what you're saying, we're all too big of idiots to not get it.

YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL.

You are not some genius writer who won't be fully appreciated until after his death. And if you are, I suggest finding a forum where people have a high enough IQ to appreciate your work and leave us to drag our knuckles and throw shit at one another.

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #35
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

I don't care whether people think I'm insightful- I will not be told that I use my opinions as a way to paint others as misogynists. That is an incredibly insulting lie. Deeply standing against everything I've tried to speak out against.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #36
deepred
Maniac

I found TRT pretty to look at but strangely hollow. I wanted to like it but it just left me cold. Maybe I should give it a rewatch.

I don't recall there being a misogynistic tone as women do tend to dress in "slutty costumes" around Halloween and is part of the tradition now. I've even known women who joke about this as it's the one day they feel like they can get away with dressing like that.

Spoiler:
And if the director was truly misogynistic would he let all the female wolves eat their dates? What about the stories that dealt with the creepy neighbor and overweight kid, the kids on the school bus and when Brian Cox is attacked by Sam? Those segments had nothing to do with slutty costumes.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #37
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Halloween just came early!!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-is-happening/

Anyone have a link to a video of the announcement...?
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #38
Mok
Helena Harper

AWESOME!!!
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
Christy
Victim

Will this still have the same budget as the original? If this is the same shlock as other DTV movies it will be awful.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #40
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Will this still have the same budget as the original? If this is the same shlock as other DTV movies it will be awful.
Well, technically, the first film was DTV.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
Christy
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Well, technically, the first film was DTV.
No it was intended as a theatrical release but WB changed their mind. Which I am sure most of you already know that.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #42
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
No
Yes.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #43
Christy
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
Yes.
Both.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #44
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Both.
Maybe.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #45
othervoice1
HackMaster

I really liked the first one (in fact just watched it last night) so I hold out hope this one will be decent
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote