Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #31
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
Me too, I enjoy the reviews. What I'm also looking forward to, is the October prize contests. Nothing like watching the prize pigs come out of the woodwork. Seriously, there should be a 100 post count and higher only to enter.
If they do do comps this year then I definitely agree people who enter should have at least a 100 post count. The amount of randoms that end up winning is insulting to our little community here.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #32
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
I had planned on saving AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON for October but expired a couple days ago. I watched last weekend instead. Good flick.
Why wouldn't you already own a copy?? It's a genre essential.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #33
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Checking now:

Little Witches (morbid curiosity)
This is such an awful movie, but I kind of love it. They used to air it on TNT's MonsterVision, along with a bunch of other APix movies like The Fear, Ice Cream Man, and Grim.

The main girl's strip tease in front of a group of horny construction workers is probably the hilarious highlight. I should watch it again on NetFlix, it has been years since I've seen it and the DVD is long out-of-print and ridiculously expensive.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #34
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I never knew that- did the show switch to another network? I remember it kind of died in '98-99 when JBB started hosting classic movies and interviewing actors.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #35
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
This is such an awful movie, but I kind of love it. They used to air it on TNT's MonsterVision, along with a bunch of other APix movies like The Fear, Ice Cream Man, and Grim.

The main girl's strip tease in front of a group of horny construction workers is probably the hilarious highlight. I should watch it again on NetFlix, it has been years since I've seen it and the DVD is long out-of-print and ridiculously expensive.
Yeah, Little Witches is pretty bad, but a ton of cheesy fun. I do own the OOP DVD... It's really quite surprising that they've never re-released it by now.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #36
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I watched Ernest Scared Stupid!!
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #37
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

I'm doing my usual watch horror movies until I'm sick of them....well only sick of them for a couple of days

I love this time of year and there's a whole bunch of new blu releases coming out that I can watch in October. Soooo much good stuff!!

Still need to update my zip.ca ziplist to all horror movies. Do enjoy doing that.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #38
Cannibal Chris
Victim

I'm slowly getting more and more decorations up. This is my first year living in a house so I'm definitely taking advantage of it.

Over on my website and youtube I'm putting up more and more halloween content, I've got a lot of store reports up, planning on heading to Target monday.

www.cannibalreviews.com
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #39
Erick H.
HackMaster

Anybody in the D.C./Maryland area should check out the AFI Silver Theater's slate for October and November.They are running a HORROR '73 festival,screening tons of 1973 released films on their 40th anniversary.Some of the titles are THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE,THE ASPHYX,THE VAULT OF HORROR,SISTERS,LEMORA:A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL,GANJA AND HESS,...AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS,THE CREEPING FLESH,TORSO (uncut),FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN,DON'T LOOK NOW,THE SATANIC RIGHTS OF DRACULA,MESSIAH OF EVIL,THE CRAZIES,THE KILLING KIND,THEATRE OF BLOOD and the newly restored THE WICKER MAN. Not part of the festival but also screenonng are GHOSTBUSTERS,the original NOSFERATU,SHAWN OF THE DEAD and BERBARIAN SOUND STUDIOS.The Silver is one of my favorite theaters (it was voted one of the best venues in the country)and it's a very ecclectic lineup,some rare ones there.Love to get up there.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #40
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
I watched Ernest Scared Stupid!!
I tried to rewatch that a few years ago...

I broke.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #41
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
I tried to rewatch that a few years ago...

I broke.
Had not seen it since I was a kid, I fell asleep but still made a valiant attempt.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #42
X-human
I ate my keys

I'm close to finishing my daily schedule. I like to have weekly themes so I've got vampires first week, Dan Curtis the next week, zombies the next week and then my Universal Classics on Blu-ray wrap it all up.

I'll be checking out Rifftrax Live of Night of the Living Dead. I'll have seen NotLD twice in theaters this year and it could have been a third time if I'd known in time about another screen with Romero in attendance.

Also this year is the 75th anniversary of Orson Welles' War of the Worlds on 10/30/38. There seems to be a pretty good version here: http://archive.org/details/OrsonWellesMrBruns

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #43
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Had not seen it since I was a kid, I fell asleep but still made a valiant attempt.
Such a shame too because Netflix's print was fuckin' beautiful. Widescreen, great colors, lush and felt like fall and filled me with nostalgia... But oh, my, God... Indescribable. Those characters... Ernest's alternate personalities... And the Trolls. I couldn't look at the screen, I think I almost vomited. And I hated gross stuff as a kid- how did I ever look at those things?

I'm ready to say it: Garbage Pail Kids is a smooth watch compared to this.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #44
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Such a shame too because Netflix's print was fuckin' beautiful. Widescreen, great colors, lush and felt like fall and filled me with nostalgia... But oh, my, God... Indescribable. Those characters... Ernest's alternate personalities... And the Trolls. I couldn't look at the screen, I think I almost vomited. And I hated gross stuff as a kid- how did I ever look at those things?

I'm ready to say it: Garbage Pail Kids is a smooth watch compared to this.
Stop the presses!! We actually agree on something.
At least it was only four bucks and included two more of his 'classics'.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #45
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Ahh, that's Echo Bridge's handiwork. Now... Ernest is a Touchstone thing, I believe. Maybe Hollywood (yet another Disney subsidiary: they distributed The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Arachnophobia) and only recently have they begun leaking key Miramax, Dimension, and Disney titles to Netflix. It's sad that those will be the only decent transfers we'll ever get to see. Once they're taken down, it's back under the Echo Bridge.

And I bleed opinions that people agree with, once you actually slice me open. I'm just overly cynical about new releases. Justifiably.