Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Friday the 13th film?
Friday the 13th 12 12.00%
Friday the 13th, Part II 21 21.00%
Friday the 13th, Part 3D 14 14.00%
Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter 24 24.00%
Friday the 13th, Part V: A New Beginning 5 5.00%
Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives 13 13.00%
Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood 2 2.00%
Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 4 4.00%
Jason Goes to Hell 1 1.00%
Jason X 1 1.00%
Freddy vs. Jason 1 1.00%
Friday the 13th (2009) 0 0%
You and your friends are dead, game over. 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #46
othervoice1
HackMaster

Part II will always be my favorite and one of my top ten horror all time. It was the first real horror film and R rated film I saw as a kid (think I was in 2nd grade) on HBO and it scared the hell out of me. And after revisiting the series several times I really think it is the scariest of the series today.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #47
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

And we're all tied up!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #48
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
And we're all tied up!

Gagged and in yur mouth aye?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #49
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Cum on you chicken shit who voted for FvJ show yourself!!
Why does it bother you so much? I like FVJ a lot myself, its not the best but to someone it is, that's their preogative. Personally I see it abit more of a Nightmare film than a Friday film.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #50
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
Ha ha who could forget "ooh ooh baby"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglo View Post
Who could forget indeed...

Have you seen this gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLW4fjN88U
How he runs is great too. To this day I'm still very wary of Mexican food.

Quote:
Why does it bother you so much? I like FVJ a lot myself, its not the best but to someone it is, that's their preogative. Personally I see it abit more of a Nightmare film than a Friday film.
It is more Nightmare on Elm Street than Friday the 13th. In some ways it's more standard horror villain than either one. But the Friday the 13th opening is great.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #51
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
It is more Nightmare on Elm Street than Friday the 13th. In some ways it's more standard horror villain than either one. But the Friday the 13th opening is great.
Don't get me wrong I think having it revolve around Freddy was the only way to do it really. Jason is definitely more reliant on his supporting cast than a Freddy is but I guess been a mute doesn't help lol I think Freddy vs Jason whilst been more of a Nightmare film definitely served the Jason character very well. We get a fair bit if his back story and character, more so than we have in a lot of the solo Jason movies outside of brief mentions of the legend. I also agree that the opening in Crystal Lake is great, it's very well done and the atmosphere in that scene is so gothic, I just love it.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #52
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Gagged and in yur mouth aye?
I meant I tied you up and gagged your mouf with a big ol' EH!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayglo View Post
Who could forget indeed...

Have you seen this gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLW4fjN88U
That is fucking awesome
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #53
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
II has been my go-to for years, and it's still probably my favorite, but I have to admit that of late THE NEW BLOOD really has risen up the scale for me. There's a lot I love about VII. Lar is my favorite final girl, Bernie makes a devilishly campy second bad guy, Hodder was never more menacing, the TV death is still just BRUTAL and I think the whole cast is pretty enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Is the TV death you mention the one when Jason gives the axe to the pretty but b-word blonde girl then throws her over the TV? That is rough. The best thing about Kane Hodder is the anger he plays Jason with.
Something I wrote on this site before in another old thread, but I think it fits here too. (Excuse the laziness, this was my initial post)

01-18-2006

"Part 7 is my favorite. Although I enjoy all the rest. Part 7 could have been close to perfect if not for the last scene. I only wished John Carl Buechler would have directed more fridays. There just something special about that movie. The production quality is the best. Jason never looked so good(and I don't just mean Hodder) There's a viciousness to all the kills, that was not present in the first 6. I know there were some violent kills in the first 6 films but in part 7 its as if Jason was so pissed off. Take the end scene in the basement, there was such portrayal of anger by Jason(all without speaking) That whole ending starting from when the bitchy blonde opens the door was awesome. From the FX to the stunts, to the way Jason acts. I can watch the whole sequence over and over again. The way he flings the girl behind the TV set was fantastic. that little touch is what I'm talking about that makes the movie great. It was a kill then , get the F out of way. The kill, the anger, the stunt(by the girl), the realistic action(they didn't go to far, like having him throw her 30 feet in slo mo), NO CGI. I have yet to see something of that calibur in a long time.

One of my favorite parts(which just about nobody talks about) is when he comes in the house and while trying to corner Tina and Nick. And Jason quickly closes the door to prevent them from going in that direction. It gave him a very human factor. Or when Jason yanks off the wire from around his neck. I'll put that non speaking moment by a killer against just about any other slasher movie. It was like , "thats it your F'n dead bitch"

Just thought of another scene. Its from Part 8(which alot of people don't like) When he slams that druggie's head into the drain/steam pipe. That's the anger I'm talking about. "

---------------------------

I would like to highlight the part about the door in my old post. (its what made me think of my past post) I never see anyone mentioned that part. The way he closes the door is something very unique imo. I wonder if people even notice that very small detail. It showed Jason as anything but a stupid lumbering killer. Also I would like to say that when I said except for the last scene, that I was referring to the father jumping up from the dock.

The ending should have ended like this. House blows up, cut to the two on the dock watching the explosion, cut to the scene with the firemen at the scene & one of them finding the mask. (just like what we saw in the movie) But then cut to a view from the woods of somebody watching the firemen/survivors at the smoldering house (keeping with tradition, the stalking visual from all previous movies) Then show the boots, & slowly pan up to chest level & Jason's burnt face. Heavy breathing, snarl .... Boom End credits. That's how the dam movie should have ended. It would have been the first time that Jason was shown to have gotten away clean. Instead of what we are used to.

Last edited by baggio; 09-24-2013 at 08:40 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #54
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

I think Part VII uncut with the fisherman in the boat ending added would make it perfect. I like the Dock scene and everything else.

Last edited by Bobbywoodhogan; 09-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #55
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

What are you talking about?
Old 09-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #56
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Quote:

It was supposed to say dock scene (where Tina's Dad cones back) ha ha stupid iPad

Old 09-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #57
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Aside from the first film--and any where the setting is a highlight (Manhattan, space, vs. Freddy)--these mostly blend together for me. The remake stands out, however, as it was perhaps the one I saw with the most tension and jump scares, although its faults were plenty (even if I was thoroughly entertained from a slasher perspective).

Therefore, I voted " and your friends are dead," because the game was wacky and that quote is pretty much the end result of all of these films.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
It was supposed to say dock scene (where Tina's Dad cones back) ha ha stupid iPad
Yes, you mean where's he's all zombie/dead looking - agreed.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #59
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Quote:
Yes, you mean where's he's all zombie/dead looking - agreed.
Yeah, althought its a shame they never got to shoot with the really dead version that he created. I keep thinking would they not be able to clean that footage up at all? I mean the in MBV uncut version you can see the picture quality on those scenes isn't great but at least its there.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #60
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
I think they were saying you would look hot in a wet t-shirt contest.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote