fyi review on the blu release:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9117/lords_salem.html
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #92
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
I thought I read somewhere he was going to make a Hockey movie about The Broad Street Bullies.
Yes he mentioned he was making a hockey movie on Stern.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #93
soxfan666
Maniac

Just gave this a second viewing as I could not stop thinking about since my first (last month). The imagery, mood, and music are top notch. I have been a fan of Zombie (music and film) and this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #94
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I seriously couldn't get into this...it looked like there was potential, I mean it looked better than Zombie's previous two outputs, but I just couldn't get past Sheri Moon Zombie's portrayal of a post-collegiate hipster...white person dreads and all.

Couldn't Zombie have cast someone who fit the role a little better?...someone that isn't his wife and pushing 45?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #95
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Got this for $8 Black Friday. Went into it with very low expectations, but really enjoyed it. Great spooky feel to it. His best film in ages (which isn't hard!!). It also didn't hurt that I was just in Salem this summer. The ending was a bit weak, but it didn't take from the film. I am going to watch this one again. Glad I got it for such a deal and now have DVD/Blu/UV copies!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #96
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Not much love for this title in my neck of the woods. I thought it was O.K., but going by the library....

I had to wait a couple months as there was a long waiting list on the BD. Now, I was in one of 4 local branches yesterday and they had 3 copies of the BD on the rack. That means no waiting list, no hype, no one cares. Seems like everyone watched it once and that was enough for them.
Compare to Star Trek Into Darkness. I had to wait a few months for that also, then didn't get around to watching it the week I had it out. I'm back on the waiting list, and there's 200+ people in front of me on that same list. Most newer titles are closer to what Star Trek is doing than Lords. I haven't seen a waiting list disappear like this since The Love Guru!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote