Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #61
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
i too enjoyed it but i wish they would of explained the alternate ending on the workprint why it was changed
Yes, exactly and though it's minorly addressed in the o'bannon interview I'm shocked that the soundtrack is not addressed more, with the exception of ssq no other bands are talked about and many are still around and in L.A., like 45 grave,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I'm pretty sure Jewel was high as a kite...either way, she is still pretty doable.

I thought the best part of the whole thing was the final interview of Dan O' Bannon.

She's crazy but damn if she doesn't a. look better now and b. could play her character at the same age today. weird!
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #62
Horrorphilly
Maniac

I bought this today withered the poster.Cant wait till it arrives.
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #63
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killit View Post
Yes, exactly and though it's minorly addressed in the o'bannon interview I'm shocked that the soundtrack is not addressed more, with the exception of ssq no other bands are talked about and many are still around and in L.A., like 45 grave,

She's crazy but damn if she doesn't a. look better now and b. could play her character at the same age today. weird!
You're not kidding!! She's 53 & gorgeous!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #64
Stige
HackMaster

haven't read the book, is it worth buying blind?
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #65
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
I'm reading it now and loving it.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #66
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
Hell yes.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #67
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I thought the disc was really well done. The doc was intensely fun and I learned many quite a few little tidbits about the series. I paid under $10 for this, and it was easily worth every penny. I may just have to go and buy that book now.

...also nice seeing Jewel in something after all these years. She still looks tasty as ever!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #68
moogong
Arte Suave

I got my signed poster in the mail today. Heads up for those that are waiting, it is folded in a very small envelope and could be mistaken for junk mail if not careful.
moogong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #69
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

You have until 4pm PST to guarantee getting everyone. I missed out on one of two people signing a DVD once because of the cutoff, so this many people could be a bitch if you don't order early. Shipping is $11.

Quote:
On November 12th at 4 p.m., More Brains: Return of the Living Dead (DVD documentary) signing. From the documentary:Bill Philputt (director), Thommy Hutson (producer), Michael Perez (executive producer), Sean Schafer Hennessy (composer), Michael Benni Pierce (editor), Lito Velasco (production supervisor). From the films: Beverly Randolph, Brian Peck, John Philbin, Allan Trautman, Bill Munns, Stacey Q, Graham Henderson, Jules Brenner, Stanzi Stokes, Drew Deighan, James Dalesandro, Paul Sammon, William Stout, John Penny, Brian Yuzna, Steve Johnson, Michael Kenworthy, and Trevor Edmond.

Sales Price: $ 19.99
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: For DVD signings, all appearances are subject to availability. If you are interested ONLY in a particular signature, please note this in the "Comments" section of our shopping cart and we will cancel your order for that item if that particular guest does not appear.

All phone and shopping cart orders taken within 24 hours of an event taking place will be filled after the event on a product availability basis. Thank you.
darkdel.com
Old 11-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #70
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I still haven't watched my DVD yet, but the book is AMAZING!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #71
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Watched this on the UK Blu of ROTLD. I loved it. It went very in depth on the film and featured nearly every main player of the cast/crew that are still alive. I can't recommend it enough. As far as these independent documentaries on horror films go, I'd put it second only behind Never Sleep Again.
The bonus features were also great. The final interview with Dan O'Bannon was as enjoyable as the main feature and contains some great stories on his career (loved hearing his thoughts on The Resurrected). The pieces on ROTLD 2 & 3 were also enjoyable, but suffered from not including as many people from the productions as the main doc.
Even though I had previously read "The Complete History of The Return of the Living Dead" there was still plenty for me to enjoy in More Brains!

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 06-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
Dave
Pimp

Does anyone know if the German bluray is from HD source or is an upconvert? It doesn't seem like an upconvert to me but was trying to find out for certain. I'm writing a review and would like it to be accurate in this regard.

http://www.amazon.de/More-Brains-A-R...A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Gonna buy this me thinks

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #74
Dbone
Screamy Bopper

How is the quality of "More Brains..." on the UK Blu? I've been drooling over this edition for some time now. If I don't own the movie on Blu is it worth it to import or just get the US Blu and "More Brains" on DVD?
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #75
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
How is the quality of "More Brains..." on the UK Blu? I've been drooling over this edition for some time now. If I don't own the movie on Blu is it worth it to import or just get the US Blu and "More Brains" on DVD?
The Uk edition is 1080p. Real HD, not upconverted stuff.
You also get a plus for the main picture in the form of the original audio with the original songs. Only release in the world to do that.
Although advertised as region B, there´s an easy workaround that makes this disc region free.