Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #421
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,533
Return of the Evil Dead has EXACTLY the same number of things in common with The Evil Dead that the Dawn of the Dead remake has with the Day of the Dead remake. And that is the truth.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #422
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Return of the Evil Dead has EXACTLY the same number of things in common with The Evil Dead that the Dawn of the Dead remake has with the Day of the Dead remake. And that is the truth.
Original Dawn (directed by George A Romero) - Followed by Day (also directed by George)

Regardless of who made the Day remake it would be seen by most as a type of sequel.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #423
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,533
It doesn't matter what most people think, The Day of the Dead remake isn't an official sequel. We are not talking about the originals, we are talking about the remakes. The only thing that the two movies have in common is that somebody had the money to buy rights to the titles.

I suppose you think Zombie 2 is the official sequel to Dawn of the Dead, too.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #424
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
It doesn't matter what most people think, The Day of the Dead remake isn't an official sequel. We are not talking about the originals, we are talking about the remakes. The only thing that the two movies have in common is that somebody had the money to buy rights to the titles.

I suppose you think Zombie 2 is the official sequel to Dawn of the Dead, too.
It was your example. This is an Evil Dead thread.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #425
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
It was your example. This is an Evil Dead thread.
Thank you for conceding that I'm right and you are wrong. You are a gentleman, sir.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #426
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,778
wow. I was completely unaware that a day of the dead remake existed. I thought people were talking about that "contagium" film at first. is it even remotely worth seeing?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #427
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Thank you for conceding that I'm right and you are wrong. You are a gentleman, sir.
I never did such a thing sir. But I agree, I am a gentleman.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #428
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,533
Well clearly my logic is flawless because you are wisely no longer disputing it.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #429
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Well clearly my logic is flawless because you are wisely no longer disputing it.
Just can't be bothered.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #430
buck135
The Duke of New York
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Bruges
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
wow. I was completely unaware that a day of the dead remake existed. I thought people were talking about that "contagium" film at first. is it even remotely worth seeing?
It is not. It even stars Ving Rhames in a role not related to his Dawn remake part.
__________________
"Do you read Sutter Cane?"
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #431
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
It is not. It even stars Ving Rhames in a role not related to his Dawn remake part.
thanks. consider it avoided.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #432
buck135
The Duke of New York
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Bruges
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
thanks. consider it avoided.
I just checked to see if Youtube had a trailer for the Day of the Dead remake so you could see just how bad it is, the whole damn movie is on there. Watching the trailer though should dispel any ambitions of actually watching the film however.
__________________
"Do you read Sutter Cane?"
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com