Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 10-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #61
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
It's in stock now. I ordered on August 8 and mine now says "shipping soon". Amazon.ca is very hit and miss with items being in stock on release day... it's a constant source of annoyance for me.
Yeah same here. Seems like lately everything I order from amazon.ca gets backordered for weeks. Still waiting in the Price collection, In the Mouth of Madness and TCM: beginning! Looks like mine is shipping soon too at least
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #62
dave13
HackMaster

yeah, mine says its "shipping soon" now as well. the second week in November info was based on an email they sent me this morning. I haven't noticed a delay in pre-orders too much, but the last few months I've noticed that they frequently forget to adjust the price of my pre-orders when they take a last minute drop before the release date. I've had to request a refund 3 times, I think.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Still waiting for My Groupon order. It was shipped from Ohio last Sunday via DHL (I'm in NYC). They must be walking it over.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #64
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Still waiting for My Groupon order. It was shipped from Ohio last Sunday via DHL (I'm in NYC). They must be walking it over.
That's the same day my Amityville Horror Collection from Groupon shipped. It arrived in Phoenix very early Wednesday morning. The package is still sitting with DHL in Phoenix. Not the first to say this & I won't be the last, but DHL really sucks!
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #65
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
That's the same day my Amityville Horror Collection from Groupon shipped. It arrived in Phoenix very early Wednesday morning. The package is still sitting with DHL in Phoenix. Not the first to say this & I won't be the last, but DHL really sucks!
It really depends with DHL...

Their standard international shipping SUCKS. I had two large Amazon UK packages shipped earlier this year, and they both took 2 MONTHS to arrive.

Their international "expedited" shipping is pretty good though. I ordered something from Amazon JP a week ago, and it only took two days to arrive from Japan.

Their domestic "mail" shipping (Deep Discount & ImportCDs use it) seems to get slower and slower.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #66
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

DHL is now a German company. I don't imagine the US is a priority for them.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #67
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Their domestic "mail" shipping (Deep Discount & ImportCDs use it) seems to get slower and slower.
I think that may have more to do with the Compton, CA post office than DHL itself. Packages seem to just stay there for a while before finally making their way out to the next destination.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #68
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
I think that may have more to do with the Compton, CA post office than DHL itself. Packages seem to just stay there for a while before finally making their way out to the next destination.
I don't think that's a post office location. It usually just says "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility" at Compton or something like that, and that's where DHL Express is located.

If it were sitting at a post office it would say either "Arrival at Post Office" or "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" or some variant of that.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #69
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I've been working my way through this set, and it looks and sounds great so far. Masque has a few troubling video lapses, but looks mostly good. I noticed no issues with Phibes .

The Abominable Doctor Phibes is still a lot of fun. While the unmasking scene scared me as a kid, this movies works much better today as a black comedy than a horror movie. The unicorn scene had me in stitches.

I don't quite get the hype surrounding Masque of the Red Death. While I can appreciate the artistic intent and morality play, I just don't think the movie holds up too well. For a movie about a man creating his own hell, the tone and look of the movie is rather light. Perhaps bubble gum Satanism just isn't enough for me to evoke a "soul that died long ago".

The Haunted Palace is probably my favourite on the set, but I am looking forward to revisiting those I saw as a kid - and seeing for the first time those I missed.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #70
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

I have never seen any of the films in this collection except for House of Usher. Probably wouldn't have blind-bought it had I not gotten that sweet Groupon deal - I certainly wasn't going to buy it for $60. So far I've watched Witchfinder General. Good movie overall but those two at the end deserved a far worse fate IMO. Which of the films in this set are more comedy-oriented? I'll watch those last.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #71
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I have never seen any of the films in this collection except for House of Usher. Probably wouldn't have blind-bought it had I not gotten that sweet Groupon deal - I certainly wasn't going to buy it for $60. So far I've watched Witchfinder General. Good movie overall but those two at the end deserved a far worse fate IMO. Which of the films in this set are more comedy-oriented? I'll watch those last.
Phibes is the only film I would call comedy-oriented.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #72
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

The set is down to $38.65 (out of stock) on Amazon right now.

A buck or two less than I got it for from Groupon, but I can live with that having received it before the release date.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #73
X-human
I ate my keys

Amazon.com has it back down to $37.99 and free shipping.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #74
Christy
Stalker

I have a package that shows it made it to the sorting facility then vanished. My guess is it was returned to the sender which never shows in the tracking. Or it may have been stolen͵ I'm not sure though what happened.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #75
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
I have a package that shows it made it to the sorting facility then vanished. My guess is it was returned to the sender which never shows in the tracking. Or it may have been stolen͵ I'm not sure though what happened.
The USPS are fucking idiots.

I've had numerous packages disappear from tracking when they're supposedly here in town and out for delivery, and then show up in some other state days later, etc..

I got a package last week that looked like a Christmas gift, with DC tracking...delivered in my mailbox. It was supposed to go to some other street address entirely. That happens to a lot of my packages also. It's hardly rare that they'll show as "Delivered" and not even be here. I guess most people around here are honest and put it back out, but if they're not...it's just lost.