Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #3301
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I was going to pick up Trick or Treats but I haven't really hard anything decent about it.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #3302
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I was going to pick up Trick or Treats but I haven't really hard anything decent about it.
I still own my Vestron VHS and I love it, but it might just be me since most of the reviews are negative. I think those people were expecting a slasher movie since it is often touted as one, but it really isn't. It's more of a fun little Halloween horror comedy. I'm so excited to see a nice widescreen version of the film!

Love Butcher is a blind-buy for me though.

I think the trailer for Trick Or Treats is a pretty accurate representation of the film if you're on the fence about buying: Trailer
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #3303
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Available today

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/

Gary Graver's TRICK OR TREATS (1982) David Carradine! Steve Railsback!
Five years after his wife, Joan (Carrie Snodgress, THE FURY), had him wrongfully and deliberately committed to a mental institution so she could live with her boyfriend (David Carradine, KILL BILL, TV's KUNG-FU), Malcolm (Peter Jason, 48HRS) escapes on Halloween night and arrives back at his old house to murder her, except Joan is not home but she's out with her boyfriend while babysitter Linda (Jacqueline Giroux, THIS IS HIJACK) is looking after Malcolm's 10-year-old son Christopher (Chris Graver), an equally psychotic and demented practical joker until, under cover of darkness, Malcolm shows up and planning on making a visit. Steve Railsback (STUNT MAN, LIFEFORCE), Paul Bartel (EATING RAOUL), Jillian Kesner (RAW FORCE), John Blyth Barrymore Football great Dan Pastorini and Tim Rossovich co-star. Written, produced & director by the late Gary Graver! magical advisory by Orson Welles!!!

FUN DVD EXTRA:
* Brand New HiDef master from the original 35mm camera negatives! 1.78.1 (16x9)
* Audio commentary with stars Jackie Giroux, Peter Jason, Chris Graver, Cinematographer R. Michael Stringer, moderated by Sean Graver.
* audio interview with Steve Railsback
* code red trailers

LOVE BUTCHER (remastered widescreen edition) WIDESCREEN! 2.35.1
A string of murders in a posh neighborhood has the police department stumped and the local press is breathing down their necks. Strangely, nobody notices that several victims share the same gardener, a bent, elderly man with a crippled arm named Caleb (Erik Stern, ASSASSINATION). Even though all of the murder weapons are lawn care tools, Caleb remains above suspicion. Of course, it isn't Caleb doing the killing, but rather his second personality, a confident, handsome younger brother named Lester (also played by Erik Stern) who Caleb turns into when he dons a toupee. That's when he seduces and then slashes his employers, most of whom heap insults and derision upon Caleb as he works. Lester dons a variety of disguises to "gain entry," employing false accents and charming patter to bed down his victims. The two personalities battle when alone, though, and one of them will eventually have to overcome the other. Richard Kennedy (CANDY TANGERINE MEN), Robin Sherwood (TOURIST TRAP) co-star. Directed by Mikel Angel and Don Jones (THE FOREST).

DVD EXTRA!
* audio commentary by director Don Jones, modorated by R.A. The Rugged Man

VENGEANCE (1968) Anthony M. Dawson! Richard Harrison!
There Is No Escape From His Fury! Even thieves live by a code. For the right amount of gold there is betrayal. But the price for betrayal is Vengeance... It was the biggest gold heist the West had ever seen, but it didn't go as the gang planned. Now one of the thieves is dead, torn limb from limb by a band of five desperadoes. His partner, Jokko, arrives too late; the murderers are gone, and on five pieces of bloodstained rope Jokko (Euro-cult icon Richard Harrison) swears revenge! Blazing a bloody trail, Jokko tracks the desperadoes and one by one returns each piece of rope to its owner, along with hot lead and a shallow grave. A fateful clue leads Rocco to the last murderer, a deadly surprise and the fight of his life. Outlandish villains to mean bad guys are featured in this classic violent western directed by Antonio Margheriti (aka Anthony M. Dawson) executive produced by Alfredo Leone (BARON BLOOD, LISA & THE DEVIL)

DVD EXTRA
* Brand New HiDef Transfer from 35mm vault element 2.35.1 (16x9)
* Jokko Lives: Interview with Richard Harrison
* Create Vengeance: Interview with Alfredo Leone
* European trailer for Vengeance
* code red trailer

LOVE BY APPOINTMENT (1976)
Taking Care Of Business...And Having Fun...European Style! Ernest Borgnine (MARTY, WILD BUNCH, DIRTY DOZEN), and Robert Alda (RHAPSODY IN BLUE) are a couple of oddball American businessmen who give new meaning to "international relations" in this funny, sexy, overseas romp, also known as Christmas at the Brothel and Holiday Hookers. The pair takes a business trip to Europe, but spend most of their time playing inside a high-priced bordello. Neglecting their work in favor of the establishment's sexy "hostesses," this ditzy duo is riding for a fall. But wasn't it fun while it lasted! Starring beautiful Euro-babe Corinne Clery (STORY OF O, MOONRAKER), Francoise Fabian (BELLE DE JOUR), and Silvia Dionisio (Andy Warhol's DRACULA)! Produced by Alfredo Leone (Lisa and the Devil, Baron Blood) and directed by veteran filmmaker Armando Nannuzzi (Award Winning DP of MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, SILVER BULLETS, WATERLOO)

SPECIAL FEATURES
* Brand New Widescreen Anamorphic HiDef Masters 1.78.1 (16X9)
* On camera interview with producer Alfredo Leone
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #3304
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Exciting Code Red lineup I must say! Nice mix of Euro and US cult oddities, all of which will be mine except for Love By Appointment (Ernest Borgnine in a rom-com? No thanks ). Finally an excuse to pick up Voices From Beyond. Not that I wasn't going to buy it anyway - just saving on shipping.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #3305
The Tall Man
Stalker

Sorry, there are no “Gary Graver's TRICK OR TREATS (1982) David Carradine! Steve Railsback!” left. All others are either sold or being held in other buyers’ carts. Buyers have 10 minutes to checkout, after which it may become available again.

Well, that was quick lol
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #3306
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
Sorry, there are no “Gary Graver's TRICK OR TREATS (1982) David Carradine! Steve Railsback!” left. All others are either sold or being held in other buyers’ carts. Buyers have 10 minutes to checkout, after which it may become available again.

Well, that was quick lol
It's available again. Just bought Trick Or Treats & Just Before Dawn.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #3307
Katatonia
In Death's Shadow

I picked up Trick or Treats and Love Butcher. I might pick up some of the others at some point, but I'll wait to see some reviews first.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #3308
bigwes15
Maniac

Went ahead and got Trick or Treats- make no mistake, this is a bad movie and not a slasher. I just have fond memories of the Vestron video from when I was a kid-and you have to love that cover! Nothing close to that head in the treat bag happens in the film, of course.
bigwes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #3309
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Great to see The Love Butcher get a decent DVD release (hopefully)... Also bought Fulci's Voices From Beyond Blu, Just Before Dawn Blu, and Trick or Treats!

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #3310
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

So am I to understand that if a title is SOLD OUT that there may be some more produced at a later date?

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #3311
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
So am I to understand that if a title is SOLD OUT that there may be some more produced at a later date?
Yeah, just keep checking back a few times day. There's no way those new titles are already gone for good.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #3312
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Yeah, just keep checking back a few times day. There's no way those new titles are already gone for good.
Okay, thanks. I wouldn't mind picking up EVILSPEAK at some point.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #3313
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Both are back up again. I ordered Trick or Treats and Love Butcher.

I've never heard of Love Butcher, but after watching some clips and reading reviews it seems to hard to pass up!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #3314
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I've never heard of Love Butcher, but after watching some clips and reading reviews it seems to hard to pass up!
You won't regret it. Maybe the film doesn't go as far as it should (it's really not that bloody and there isn't a whole lot of nudity) but it really hit the spot, for me at least.
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #3315
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Did anyone pick up that 3 pack DVD with Tarzana? How bad are those transfers?...are they worth the $20, or should I just stick with the SWV release?

I know it says they are sold out but Diabolik still has them in stock and I wouldnt mind seeing an upgrade of Tarzana even if it is only marginal.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote