Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #211
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
How's that funny? Republicans like entitlements and big government just as much as the Dems.

And I don't know what your trying to say by "personal freedom of irresponsibility". But don't care either, smartass.
Health insurance isn't an entitlement when you're paying for it out of your own income.

"Personal freedom of irresponsibility" means willingly not buying insurance even when you can afford it. And then when you have an accident and get taken to the emergency room to save your life you wind up becoming bankrupt due to the extreme debt you find yourself in. AND when you don't pay off your debt, the cost is paid for by increasing everybody else's insurance premiums.

The way that I see things, you have the right to be as responsible or as irresponisible as you want, AS LONG AS it doesn't have negative consequences for everybody else. You not getting health insurance places undo eventual burden upon everybody else, so frankly I don't give one damn about this supposed "freedom" you lose through the ACA.

Last edited by maybrick; 11-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #212
Dobby
HackMaster

Come on boys go to personal messages or get a room.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #213
maybrick
HackMaster

Ja, Mein Fuhrer.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #214
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25, healthcare paid for by your taxes, 19 days PTO is federally mandated (zero in the US), average work week is 36.6 hours, 1 year of university in the USA costs as much as an entire undergrad degree in Canada, and 3 cities in Canada are in the top 10 of world's most livable cities. I graduated college with $60k of debt, made $11 dollars an hour with no healthcare or PTO and stayed that way for years.

...and you folks up north complain about being taxed a little higher

Last edited by 17thJuggalo; 11-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #215
Do you see
Victim

So based on the previous hand full of posts I’m confused…Amazon sucks?
Do you see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #216
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do you see View Post
So based on the previous hand full of posts I’m confused…Amazon sucks?
Yes, because they are cheaper than almost everywhere & charge tax now like everybody else. Fantastic customer service that price match and give full refunds. And oh yeah, they will start shipping on Sundays too. (for Prime Members)

baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #217
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
Yes, because they are cheaper than almost everywhere & charge tax now like everybody else. Fantastic customer service that price match and give full refunds. And oh yeah, they will start shipping on Sundays too. (for Prime Members)

Don't forget same-day delivery is in the works. In fact, Amazon pioneering same-day delivery is changing all of online shopping as a whole:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/10/4...emand-delivery

So Amazon it literally forcing the online shopping landscape to be a better place.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #218
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
Minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25, healthcare paid for by your taxes, 19 days PTO is federally mandated (zero in the US), average work week is 36.6 hours, 1 year of university in the USA costs as much as an entire undergrad degree in Canada, and 3 cities in Canada are in the top 10 of world's most livable cities. I graduated college with $60k of debt, made $11 dollars an hour with no healthcare or PTO and stayed that way for years.

...and you folks up north complain about being taxed a little higher
I'm not complaining about being taxed higher, but it is specifically because we are taxed higher we have such things as universal healthcare and affordable post-secondary education. It's when Americans complain about ACTUALLY having to pay tax, one that is MUCH lower than ours, btw, it's like well....this is exactly why America doesn't have these things. But yes you are correct. My undergrad degree at the University of Toronto will have cost me about $30k when I'm finished. ONE YEAR at NYU costs $60k for the same degree. That's $240,000 for a 4-year undergraduate degree. It's absolutely ridiculous and a complete and utter waste of money.

If you want things like universal healthcare and affordable college tuition, well...you have to pay more taxes. These things don't just come free. We do pay for them.

~Matt
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #219
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I'm not complaining about being taxed higher, but it is specifically because we are taxed higher we have such things as universal healthcare and affordable post-secondary education. It's when Americans complain about ACTUALLY having to pay tax, one that is MUCH lower than ours, btw, it's like well....this is exactly why America doesn't have these things. But yes you are correct. My undergrad degree at the University of Toronto will have cost me about $30k when I'm finished. ONE YEAR at NYU costs $60k for the same degree. That's $240,000 for a 4-year undergraduate degree. It's absolutely ridiculous and a complete and utter waste of money.

If you want things like universal healthcare and affordable college tuition, well...you have to pay more taxes. These things don't just come free. We do pay for them.

~Matt
Not to divert the conversation further, but believe it or not federal tax rates between Canada and the US are very similar and in some instances taxes are higher in the US.

While the subject is complicated compared to what state you live in the bottom line is that many don't know that the tax rates in the US and Canada are very comparable. The exception is that the social programs that benefit the common citizen are far more vast up north.

Gotta agree with you though, when Americans have to pay taxes they get livid.

Last edited by 17thJuggalo; 11-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #220
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

The newly implemented WI Amazon sales tax isn't going towards building new roads or putting in merry-go-rounds in local parks, its going towards the construction of an Amazon distribution center in Kenosha.

Must be nice knowing your taxes are going towards properous endeavors such as Universal Health Care and a superior public school system.

Last edited by Chomp; 11-15-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #221
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
The newly implemented WI Amazon sales tax isn't going towards building new roads or putting in merry-go-rounds in local parks, its going towards the construction of an Amazon distribution center in Kenosha.
Well in that case, then, I sympathize with you.

~Matt
Old 11-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #222
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17thJuggalo View Post
Not to divert the conversation further, but believe it or not federal tax rates between Canada and the US are very similar and in some instances taxes are higher in the US.

While the subject is complicated compared to what state you live in the bottom line is that many don't know that the tax rates in the US and Canada are very comparable. The exception is that the social programs that benefit the common citizen are far more vast up north.

Gotta agree with you though, when Americans have to pay taxes they get livid.
We probably outspend Canada in military/defense spending by just a little bit though, I'd guess....
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #223
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

This is probably more of a "USPS sucks" comment, but I've been waiting on a replacement copy of Crawlspace since 12/20, despite Amazon's claims that they would be sending my copy out with "upgraded" shipping speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original package tracking

Carrier: Fedex Smartpost

December 20, 2013, 11:47 am, XXXXXXXX IL US Delivered
December 20, 2013, 9:40 am, XXXXXXXX IL US Out for delivery
December 20, 2013, 5:08 am, XXXXXXXX IL US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 20, 2013, 5:08 am, XXXXXXXX IL US In transit to pickup location
December 19, 2013, 1:01 pm, XXXXXXXX IL US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 18, 2013, 10:40 pm, Fedex Smartpost New Berlin WI US Package has left the carrier facility
December 18, 2013, 10:40 pm, Fedex Smartpost New Berlin WI US In transit to pickup location
December 18, 2013, 6:36 pm, Fedex Smartpost New Berlin WI US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 18, 2013, 1:13 am, US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement package tracking

Carrier: USPS

December 30, 2013 , 3:48 am
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
FOREST PARK, IL 60130

December 29, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

December 29, 2013 , 3:26 am
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

December 28, 2013
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231

December 28, 2013 , 2:07 am
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231

December 28, 2013
LEXINGTON, KY 40511

December 28, 2013 , 12:29 am
LEXINGTON, KY 40511

December 27, 2013 , 11:14 pm
LEXINGTON, KY 40511

December 21, 2013
RENO, NV 89510

December 21, 2013 , 6:26 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
RENO, NV 89510

December 21, 2013 , 5:11 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
FERNLEY, NV 89408

December 21, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received
Some shipping upgrade. After being processed through 6 different USPS sort facilities (thus far) and a 5 - 6 day holiday layover somewhere between Reno and Lexington, I'm not liking my odds that I won't need yet another replacement from Amazon.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #224
Matt89
HackMaster

Yeah I ordered the Indiana Jones blu ray boxset off amazon.ca because it was $29.99 on Boxing Day. It arrived on Sunday afternoon (which is really strange for Canada Post) but anyway, the case was scuffed and there are gouge marks on all of the discs. Like wtf amazon. I went to return it and the boxset is out of stock and usually ships "in 2-4 weeks". Ughhhhhhhh.

~Matt
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #225
maybrick
HackMaster

I have a $100 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Where the hell did all of the deals go to?