Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Reader Polls

View Poll Results: Favorite season of AHS?
Murder House 13 48.15%
Asylum 6 22.22%
Coven 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post
However, there are things I like: Last weekend's episode directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon was great. I would definitely like to see him behind the camera more. I love Lily Rabe as Misty Day - she is simply bewitching. Frances Conroy is also amusing as Myrtle. I even like the whole Heathers-like vibe that Emma Roberts brings to her character. I also appreciated making Sarah Paulson look like the blind psychic from The Beyond and the mother-daughter dynamic she shares with Lange. The Axeman is also cool. That said, where is this story going? Hopefully, it does have an epic ending because quite frankly this season needs it imo.
Gomez-Rejon is my favorite director of the whole show! He always puts his stamp on each episode and it always shows. He directed the amazing finale to Asylum. Last week's episode was god damn beautiful.

I do love the uses of colors Coven has had, it's all very Argento/Italian horror, and yeah I loved Paulson being blind, I instantly thought of The Beyond.

I have a theory about the ending and who the supreme is

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #17
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyr789 View Post
Gomez-Rejon is my favorite director of the whole show! He always puts his stamp on each episode and it always shows. He directed the amazing finale to Asylum. Last week's episode was god damn beautiful.

I do love the uses of colors Coven has had, it's all very Argento/Italian horror, and yeah I loved Paulson being blind, I instantly thought of The Beyond.
Yes! He also did Spilt Milk which was another great episode.
Good point on the use of color in Coven. It does have a great style to it.

Last edited by deepred; 12-13-2013 at 03:43 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #18
allmessedup
It's beer time.

ASYLUM for me too, but all three are great.
allmessedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Actually, next on my AHS list is a re-watch of Murder House. I've had the Blu for over a year and haven't broken the shrink wrap on it.
You'll have a lot of fun with the Blu set Paff. I didn't do an A/B comparison with the broadcast version. But there seemed to be a good amount of additional nastiness and bad language that didn't make it to F/X.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #20
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
You'll have a lot of fun with the Blu set Paff. I didn't do an A/B comparison with the broadcast version. But there seemed to be a good amount of additional nastiness and bad language that didn't make it to F/X.
It'll be hard to judge, since it's been more than two years since I saw it. But I do remember that it was always pretty daring with the language and what they showed. As I mentioned in one of the other AHS threads, it was rated TV-MA, and I always wondered if that meant "Man Ass" since they showed Dylan McDermott's posterior so damn much.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #21
maybrick
HackMaster

I really didn't care for season 1 much at all but I gave asylum a chance since it's on Netflix now. I dug it.

And with my vote, the score is tied: 6-6-6.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #22
p.nibzz
Screamy Bopper

Cliche' all tha way.
p.nibzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #23
Paff

Ultimately I'll probably vote Season 1.

As I feared, Coven has gone off the rails. Continuity is an afterthought, as characters die one week and just magically reappear the next. Right now it's only the scene chewing of Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange that's holding my interest. Bassett is just outstanding, and every minute she's on screen makes me giddy. But yeah, the story is just a total mess at this point, and I don't think they can write their way out of it in just two episodes.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #24
Do you see
Victim

Some details are starting to come out regarding S4. Apparently itíll take part in the 50ís and itís been teased that JL is already practicing her German accent. Sounds intriguing; could it involve post WWII Naziís?
Do you see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #25
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
As I feared, Coven has gone off the rails. Continuity is an afterthought, as characters die one week and just magically reappear the next. Right now it's only the scene chewing of Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange that's holding my interest. Bassett is just outstanding, and every minute she's on screen makes me giddy. But yeah, the story is just a total mess at this point, and I don't think they can write their way out of it in just two episodes.
If last night was the conclusion to the witch hunter storyline, THAT was just pitiful. What is the point of Zoe, Kyle, Kyle's Mom, Nan, Joan, Luke, etc. What is the point of the season?

This year is just terribly written and Asylum, while also having several storylines - did it with better characters that felt consistent and the whole season actually felt more cohesive as a story with Briarcliff being what kept it all together. I really don't know much more about this Coven than I did the first episode. Witches Vs Witch Hunters and some Voodoo thrown in with a Racist Monster - this year should have been so much better!

Last edited by deepred; 01-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #26
Matt89
HackMaster

"WHEN I PLANT A RACIST CRACKA BITCH IN THA GROUND I EXPECT HER TO STAY PLANTED. NOT BE POPPIN' UP LIKE SOME DAMN RAGWEED!"

~Matt
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #27
Matt89
HackMaster

I live for Angela Bassett. Lange is fucking outstanding too. The two of them...."much twubble"

~Matt
Old 01-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #28
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I live for Angela Bassett. Lange is fucking outstanding too. The two of them...."much twubble"

~Matt
Hopefully, Bassett is around again next season.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #29
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Voted for Murder House, I was loving Coven up until the last episode or two. The story has way to much going on, too many unnecessary characters and subplots, and some really awful dialogue. This makes me nervous about where the series is headed, but since it's on FX I shouldn't really be surprised since they know how to run a show into the ground (Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, Sons of Anarchy, etc.), so my biggest concern is that Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett (saying she returns next season) will continue to drowned out the other cast members. I much as i love those two, they're fantastic actresses, but I worry Murphy and company will cater to them over everyone else, which has started to happen in this season (Hell, even Caty Bates is struggling to stay relevant in the shows "Storyline") If this is the case then I think the next season may be doomed to mediocrity.

Last edited by Hatchetwarrior; 01-16-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Hatchetwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #30
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Does any plan on bothering with the season finale of Coven? After the last episode I think the writers just shot themselves in both feet.