bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

DVD Savant wieghs in

http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s4411pric.html

bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #77
dave13
HackMaster

Volume II has officially been announced!

Quote:
***NEW UPCOMING RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! We have a busy one today (Halloween Complete Collection box set art reveal at 10:31AM PDT, Night of the Demons Screening Live at 7PM PDT) but we also wanted to kick off the day right with a big title reveal. So here it is…

THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION II Blu-ray set is now no longer a rumor and will officially arrive in October! Sales were great on the first volume (thank you!) and we are thrilled to be able to bring more of the legendary star’s films to light in HD. Titles in the set include The Last Man on Earth, The Comedy of Terrors, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Tomb of Ligeia, The Raven, Return of the Fly and…the William Castle favorite The House on Haunted Hill.

Exact street date, pre-order link and artwork will be show up sometime next month. Extras will be announced sometime later this Summer.
I'm really excited that they've included some of the non Midnight Movie releases as well, like Return of the Fly, and House on Haunted Hill.

I've only seen Comedy of Terrors and The Raven once each, and don't remember either being all that great. And I kind of wish they would have included things like Twice Told Tales, Tales of Terror, and An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (maybe as a supplement?), but hopefully those will make it onto volume III?

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this.

Last edited by dave13; 06-13-2014 at 06:33 PM.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #78
Drinkinstein
Stalker

I thrilled for this to be happening bit at the same time a little bummed out that Theatre of Blood didn't make the cut this go around. It's one of my favourite Price pics. Oh well, here's hoping I can resist arrows version until there's a vol. 3...
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #79
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Volume II has officially been announced!

I'm really excited that they've included some of the non Midnight Movie releases as well, like Return of the Fly, and House on Haunted Hill.

I've only seen Comedy of Terrors and The Raven once each, and don't remember either being all that great. And I kind of wish they would have included things like Twice Told Tales, Tales of Terror, and An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (maybe as a supplement?), but hopefully those will make it onto volume III?
Great news! I was really hoping this was heading our way for Halloween.

There's definitely enough for a Volume III with the titles you mentioned along with Cry of the Banshee, Scream & Scream Again, and The Oblong Box. I'm disappointed we're not getting Theatre of Blood & Madhouse. I would prefer those over Return of the Fly, The Raven, & Comedy of Terrors.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #80
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Very excited for a second set, especially because of Dr. Phibes Rises Again. I ordered the Arrow Blu of that, but if their release of the first Phibes is any indication, Scream will have different bonus features so I'll want to have both anyway.

Very cool about House on Haunted Hill (a WB title) being included. I'm also quite happy that Scream got over their public domain trepidation with The Last Man on Earth, one of Price's best flicks. Return of the Fly is strange though, as I could see Scream not releasing the original in a future Price set as Fox already has their own disc out. Not the end of the world, but a strange choice. Why not wait for a possible Fly box set in the future?

Also really hoping that Theatre of Blood, Tales of Terror, Twice Told Tales, and Madhouse are included in Volume III so I can retire my MGM Scream Legends DVD Collection. Would also be nice if the 3 featurettes from the bonus disk on that set are carried over onto a future release.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #81
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Comedy of Terrors and The Raven are my favorites. Can't waits!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #82
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Very cool about House on Haunted Hill (a WB title) being included. I'm also quite happy that Scream got over their public domain trepidation with The Last Man on Earth, one of Price's best flicks. Return of the Fly is strange though, as I could see Scream not releasing the original in a future Price set as Fox already has their own disc out. Not the end of the world, but a strange choice. Why not wait for a possible Fly box set in the future?
Is there any reason to think they'll get rights to the original? Considering the Fox disc only came out within the last year or so. I like Return of the Fly (love the giant fly head!), and I like it being in this set, provided they don't acquire the original at some point - that would be a bit strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
There's definitely enough for a Volume III with the titles you mentioned along with Cry of the Banshee, Scream & Scream Again, and The Oblong Box. I'm disappointed we're not getting Theatre of Blood & Madhouse. I would prefer those over Return of the Fly, The Raven, & Comedy of Terrors.
I'd forgotten to mention Theatre of Blood and Madhouse, but those are both great as well. I haven't been able to find much to like about the films Price made with Gordon Hessler, though. Aside from Cry of the Banshee's animated title sequence by Terry Gilliam, they're all kind of dreadful.

Last edited by dave13; 06-13-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #83
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Very cool about House on Haunted Hill (a WB title) being included. I'm also quite happy that Scream got over their public domain trepidation with The Last Man on Earth, one of Price's best flicks.
Actually, House on Haunted Hill is public domain as well, so that makes it 2 PD titles in this set.

And yes, it is great that it seems they decided to cover PD films as well...which could mean great things for Night Of The Living Dead.
Nailwraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #84
dave13
HackMaster