Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
indiephantom
Horny Spirit
 
indiephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ghost World
Posts: 3,958
Just fired you guys off some feedback for your gmail. I look forward to where you guys take this podcast. I got some great recommends from your recent best of 2013, too.
__________________
My Collection

2011
2010
2009
indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #32
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiephantom View Post
Just fired you guys off some feedback for your gmail. I look forward to where you guys take this podcast. I got some great recommends from your recent best of 2013, too.
I got it, thanks a lot indiephantom, we really appreciate your comments! Would you mind if we read this on our next episode?
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #33
indiephantom
Horny Spirit
 
indiephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ghost World
Posts: 3,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I got it, thanks a lot indiephantom, we really appreciate your comments! Would you mind if we read this on our next episode?
Not at all! That would be great.
__________________
My Collection

2011
2010
2009
indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #34
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,592
Loving the podcast!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #35
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,888
Has anyone else had any issues playing the recordings? Part 1 of the anthology series cut out at about an hour and a half for me, and now the best of 2013 won't play at all. That is to say, all of this happened on my iPod. In iTunes, on my PC, they both play fine. So I'm thinking perhaps it's my iPod that is the problem? I'll look to see if any software updates are available. But if anybody else has experienced issues like this with these files (or any others), and can shed some light on what the problem might be, please let me know.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #36
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiephantom View Post
Not at all! That would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Loving the podcast!!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Has anyone else had any issues playing the recordings? Part 1 of the anthology series cut out at about an hour and a half for me, and now the best of 2013 won't play at all. That is to say, all of this happened on my iPod. In iTunes, on my PC, they both play fine. So I'm thinking perhaps it's my iPod that is the problem? I'll look to see if any software updates are available. But if anybody else has experienced issues like this with these files (or any others), and can shed some light on what the problem might be, please let me know.
Let me know if you have any more problems?

One listener sent an e-mail mentioning having problems with one of the episodes (I believe it too was the anthology episode) but I couldn't replicate the issue so I wasn't able to figure out what the problem is. I believe he ended up downloading it from iTunes and it worked fine. I test all episodes right away, and they have all played fine for me on my iPhone, as well as streaming or downloading from the website. If there is an issue I would love to fix it.

Were you streaming or downloading the episode from our site? Sometimes I notice mistakes in the summary and update the files. I wonder if it was the same time you were listening or downloading, if it could have caused an issue? Let me know!

And yeah, if anyone else has had any issues, please let me know as well!
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #37
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,888
that was me who emailed you about the anthology issue. i ended up just streaming it and listening from my PC, so i never ended up actually fixing whatever my problem was. like i said, though, i have a feeling its a problem on my end. i was kind of hoping someone who knows a lot about itunes or ipods might have encountered something like it and be able to tell me how i could fix it. the best of 2013 plays fine on my PC, and on your site. i've also tried re-downloading it. but it won't play on my ipod itself. it looks like i'm literally the only one who's had this problem, so, like i said, it seems to indicate that its a problem on my end.

i didn't mean to cast any doubt onto the quality of the uploaded files, sorry if it came across that way.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #38
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
that was me who emailed you about the anthology issue. i ended up just streaming it and listening from my PC, so i never ended up actually fixing whatever my problem was. like i said, though, i have a feeling its a problem on my end. i was kind of hoping someone who knows a lot about itunes or ipods might have encountered something like it and be able to tell me how i could fix it. the best of 2013 plays fine on my PC, and on your site. i've also tried re-downloading it. but it won't play on my ipod itself. it looks like i'm literally the only one who's had this problem, so, like i said, it seems to indicate that its a problem on my end.

i didn't mean to cast any doubt onto the quality of the uploaded files, sorry if it came across that way.
Oh okay. Haha didn't realize that was you! And no don't worry, it didn't come across that way. If there are any problems id want to fix them as soon as possible instead of having people not be able to listen to an episode.
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #39
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
New episode is up, this time we chat about the slasher classic My Bloody Valentine, the 3D remake, and the post Scream slasher Valentine.

Download or Stream it here!

http://horrorandmorepodcast.com/epis...s-day-horrors/

or

Subscribe to us on iTunes!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...709770077?mt=2

Thanks!
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #40
indiephantom
Horny Spirit
 
indiephantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Ghost World
Posts: 3,958
Right on. Glad you guys liked my letter and it was cool to hear that I was the first e-mail. I'm also a big fan of Profondo Cinema and had my fave films of the '90s list read on there last year. It's another really great cast for sure. I probably spend more time with podcasts than watching films in my spare time, so I'm always happy to get hooked on a new show. I'm a huge fan of both versions of MBV, too. I grew up in the Maritimes and I've been to some of the area where they filmed the original. Unfortunately, hadn't seen the film at that time or I'd have geeked out a lot more. Haven't heard your full ep. yet, so not sure if you guys dug the remake, but I considered it one of the best and my favorite recent 3D film easily. Anyway, I'm going to look into your facebook group. I think I'm on there, but I can't keep track of all this shit anymore. LOL.
__________________
My Collection

2011
2010
2009
indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #41
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,888
Really enjoyed the Harryhausen episode. In fact, I didn't have anything else to listen to recently, so I listened to it twice! I'm definitely on board with the "...and more" aspect of the show - this and the Xmas episode were a nice change of pace.

On a tangential note, you mention watching things like Clash of the Titans and Ghostbusters with your son. That's something I'm looking forward to with our 22-month old daughter, but at the moment she can barely sit still for 10 minutes of Barney. I thought that our kids were around the same age, but now I'm not so sure. If your son IS only around 2 years old, then that's amazing that he can actually sit with you and find some kind of entertainment in a show that doesn't revolve around singing and dancing or big bright pictures of animals and things like that.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #42
spawningblue
Deadite
 
spawningblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Really enjoyed the Harryhausen episode. In fact, I didn't have anything else to listen to recently, so I listened to it twice! I'm definitely on board with the "...and more" aspect of the show - this and the Xmas episode were a nice change of pace.

On a tangential note, you mention watching things like Clash of the Titans and Ghostbusters with your son. That's something I'm looking forward to with our 22-month old daughter, but at the moment she can barely sit still for 10 minutes of Barney. I thought that our kids were around the same age, but now I'm not so sure. If your son IS only around 2 years old, then that's amazing that he can actually sit with you and find some kind of entertainment in a show that doesn't revolve around singing and dancing or big bright pictures of animals and things like that.
Thanks once again for the kind words Dave, it makes all the time spent putting it together that much more worth it! Sometimes while editing the episodes I think to myself "This is terrible, who would ever want to waste their times listening to this?", so it's nice to hear positive feedback. We were a little worried about that episode, mostly Matty, but I had a lot of fun with those movies. The great thing about doing this podcast is it is making me get around to watching so many movies that have been sitting in my unwatched pile for so long instead of just throwing in the same films again and again. And yeah, we will be trying to do more of the "and More" episodes, as sometimes too much horror can burn you out. For next month we plan to tackle some Godzilla flicks, the X-Men series, and an episode dedicated to Tom Cruise, since if you haven't learnt by now, I am a huge fan haha.

As for our son sitting and watching certain shows/ movies, sometimes he gets up and runs around in the middle of them, but certain movies/ shows he will actually sit and watch them right to the end. The Despicable Me movies were the first movies he would really sit and watch. Then to my surprise I threw on an episode of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon and he loved it! He always asks me to put it on now, and will sit and watch an episode or two. Not to mention, any time he hears the theme song he gets excited and will stop what he's doing to dance to it, and sings the part where they yell "Ghostbusters". It's awesome!

And yeah, for the Harryhausen flicks he would sit down and watch them, I guess because he likes creatures and monsters. He sat and watched at least 20 min. of Clash with me until it got to the Medusa scene and my girlfriend thought it was inappropriate, which is understandable haha. He will sit and watch My Pet Monster and The Simpsons as well, although I have realized how inappropriate Simpsons is at times for young children haha. He was loving the Avengers cartoon from a few years ago as well, but then he starting thinking he was the Hulk, so we have temporarily cut him off that for the time being. But he is definitely showing an interest in superheroes, and he knows who Spider-Man is, which is making me happy!

It's weird, as I never thought I would be worried about what I show him, and what is appropriate and all that haha. I hope in the Fall I can show him the Universal monster movies, as they aren't bad are they? I love that he is getting to that age where is not only enjoying, but showing a real interest in cool stuff like Ghostbusters, superheroes, monsters, dinosaurs, etc. It gives me an excuse to watch these shows from my childhood, and play with the cool action figures haha. The only bad thing is, it's hard to find merch. for a lot of these old cartoons (The only good thing that would come out of a Ghostbusters 3). I found myself getting excited to see the new Godzilla toys, just because I would have an excuse now to purchase them for him haha.
__________________
"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow."

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 04-09-2014 at 05:13 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #43
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,888
Thats great, man. Sounds like he's a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the day when my girl starts showing an interest in things like music and narrative television or movies. Hell, I'll be happy just to be able to watch Disney movies with her. I'll have to resist trying to push my stuff on her too much, though. I imagine she'll be into things that are a little more "princess-oriented".
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com