Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #61
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Scrimm still looks great as The Tall Man.

I can't wait to see this.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #62
Katatonia
Master of Doom

The trailer certainly looks promising, plus Angus and Reggie returning is definitely awesome.

I'm also amazed that they kept the whole project quiet until recently.

Now release the first film on Blu-ray already goddamnit!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #63
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Is this going theatrical or DTV?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #64
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

OK, after reading a bit more about the project and learning that they shot the film over 2 years(!) in California and not Canada I feel a little better. Still boggles my mind that they kept it a secret so long.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #65
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
OK, after reading a bit more about the project and learning that they shot the film over 2 years(!) in California and not Canada I feel a little better. Still boggles my mind that they kept it a secret so long.
The first film was shot over two years as well. It's very fitting.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #66
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Nice to see we can all still be surprised. Awesome news.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #67
Steel76
Maniac

Well, this look a lot better than expected
Some of the CGI is a bit crappy, but I can live with that, as long as the movie itself holds up.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #68
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Yeah I can live with some iffy CG work as long as its good.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 AM   #69
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...on-coscarelli/

Congrats on the new film! How the hell were you able to keep it a secret? “Thank you! We decided early on that since fans seemed so keen for another Phantasm movie that we would try to surprise them with ‘Ravager’. It took a couple years to pull together all the elements necessary, but we figured that fans had been so patient since ‘Phantasm: Oblivion’ was released that they would want us to get this one right. It gave me great joy to return to something I have such passion about. And yes, filming is finally complete.”

Does it pick up where Phantasm: Oblivion left off? “Ah, you’re on to my style there. I’d prefer not to give too much away, but as a writer I am certainly a creature of habit.”

What was it like, emotionally, revisiting this territory? “For me it was very emotionally satisfying to co-write the screenplay with Dave and then watch him breathe life into it. These are characters that the fans and I share a lot of history with. I know it might sound weird but after so many years, I have become a Phantasm fan myself. And watching Reggie, Mike and the Tall Man play out their arcs to the end was wonderful for me to watch, and I trust it will be the same experience for the fans.”

When will the film be released? “It has more visual effects than any film I’ve been involved with to date, including ‘John Dies at the End’. In addition to being a terrific director, David Hartman is also a great visual effects artist, so he is hard at work right now, and will be for quite some time. I guess the short answer is “as soon as possible,” but that could be some time.”

Any update on Bubba Nosferatu or any other new stuff you might have percolating? “I’ve got a bunch of projects in various states of development. Nothing to report right now on the sequel ‘Bubba Nosferatu’, other than a couple months back I had an excellent dinner with both Bruce Campbell and Paul Giamatti. I can swear to you, they would make an awesome on screen team! Elvis is eternal, and his manager Col Tom Parker probably is too, so, with luck, the Gods of Graceland will help us find a path to get that movie to the silver screen.”

================

Good to hear they are still working on the effects. I suspect the movie won't be out until Fall (i.e. Halloween time).
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #70
maybrick
HackMaster

Re watching the Graveyard Carz episode with hindsight being 20/20, it is painfully obvious that Don did in fact acknowledge Phantasm 5 was happening well over a month ago. Michael Baldwin asks Don "So when is Phantasm 5 coming out?" To which Don asks him "Are you up for it?" Mike says he is and then Don says the cryptic line: "From your mouth to the Tall Man's ears". There is a moment of stunned silence before one of the GC crew asks, "What, are you serious?", to which Don responded: "That's for you to figure out".
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #71
fceurich39
HackMaster

maybe the other films will be coming to blu-ray now. dunno if anchor bay will release this film in theaters or not they still own the rights to 1,3,4 i think maybe now the 5th.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #72
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
maybe the other films will be coming to blu-ray now. dunno if anchor bay will release this film in theaters or not they still own the rights to 1,3,4 i think maybe now the 5th.

I'm thinking the same thing. I thought I saw a new Anchor Bay logo preceding the teaser so maybe they're prepping the remaining films for Blu to tie them into the new film. If Phantasm I, III and IV end up being released this year then it'll end up being a hell of a year for cult movies on Blu-ray.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #73
Dave
Pimp

Anyone see this?

http://phantasmexhumed.com/

Book on the Phantasm series. Comes out in like a week. I'm on that.

They released some samples of various chapters. See http://phantasmarchives.blogspot.com...-excerpts.html
Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #74
Dave
Pimp

I find this quote of interest

Quote:
but the fans were very vocal that they wanted the original cast to return and finish this iteration of the story with class.”

This iteration? Maybe they are wrapping this up for fans and then headed to a remake?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #75
Zillamon51
Maniac

I'm sorry, but this looks terrible. I like Phantasm, I LOVE II, III sucks, and IV has grown on me. But the time for this has long passed. The actors were already showing their age in IV. Sixteen years after the last sequel, we are supposed to buy the original cast playing the same characters? Especially the main villain, who is supposed to be timeless? The Lady in Lavender, who is supposed to be seductive? The main hero, still kicking ass? No, no, and no. And don't even get me started on the SPFX. That bazooka shot looks like a stock effect any kid could use in a YouTube vid. The giant sphere at the end? Terrible! Hey kid, the fake birds don't sell it! It's like something out of a fake fan-made trailer. They should have taken the money and rebooted this, cuz you just can't go back.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote