Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #16
Mr.G
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
This is about as close as we have ever gotten.

http://youtu.be/g228vQwq7S8

It's a fan based mod to the old Land of the Dead PC game.
That is AWESOME....but can someone explain to an old man how/where to play it?

Last edited by Mr.G; 04-03-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #17
buck135
The Duke of New York

It depresses me to say this, but I just learned that JCPenney has moved to a different area in the Monroeville Mall. In its place, a movie theater. Everything else in that mall has changed since Dawn of the Dead was filmed in 1978, I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. I'm glad I had a chance to visit it a few years ago.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #18
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
That is AWESOME....but can someone explain to an old man how/where to play it?
It's been a long time since I looked for it. You first need the Land of the Dead game, which is hard to come by. You then need to find a working link to this mod. Again it's been many years since I looked for it.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #19
Paff

Quote:
I want an official Dawn of the Dead game. Slow zombies...in a mall....with a certain time limit before the sh** hits the fan and you either die or leave in a helicopter. A man can hope can't he!?!
haha....way back when I first saw the movie, I tried programming my own Dawn of the Dead game with my computer. We're talking the 80s here, I think it was a Texas Instruments computer. In my game you just flew a helicopter through various backgrounds blasting zombies. I think it started in the inner city, then you went through various rural areas, and finally had to land on the mall roof.

I never finished it though. I think I discovered girls at that point. Or beer. Probably both.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #20
Mr.G
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
It depresses me to say this, but I just learned that JCPenney has moved to a different area in the Monroeville Mall. In its place, a movie theater. Everything else in that mall has changed since Dawn of the Dead was filmed in 1978, I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. I'm glad I had a chance to visit it a few years ago.
Agreed. I'm glad I made a pilgrimage there before it was remodeled. It may not look quite the same but just knowing the greatest zombie film was made there still makes it worth a visit. There is even a small info section in the mall stating the film was shot there.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 AM   #21
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Agreed. I'm glad I made a pilgrimage there before it was remodeled. It may not look quite the same but just knowing the greatest zombie film was made there still makes it worth a visit. There is even a small info section in the mall stating the film was shot there.
I was there Nov 2011 before it moved. They actually had a little gift shop / museum dedicated to Dawn Of The Dead on the first floor.

But yeah, I'm glad I made it there before it changed. It's interesting to watch the movie now, knowing the layout.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #22
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
I want an official Dawn of the Dead game. Slow zombies...in a mall....with a certain time limit before the sh** hits the fan and you either die or leave in a helicopter. A man can hope can't he!?!
Dead Rising 2 is a pretty good one that's close to that.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #23
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
I did see that small shrine when I was there. I actually snuck into the hallway to the boiler room. I didn't go any further than the hallway to avoid arrest. JCPenney was great. The elevator and escalator were the same (I rode them both). I started taking pictures until I was approached by a manager thinking that I was an employee from a competitor. When I explained why I was taking photos, he was cool with it. Next I visited the cemetery from Night of the Living Dead. That was a lot of fun as well. One day I'll go back to view the rest of the attractions from the original trilogy.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #24
NaturesMistake
Stalker

I always thought one could make a killer Friday the 13th Mod out of the original Manhunt. Make the hunters clueless campers and turn Cash into Jason. You could do a level for each of the original eight films. Gonna check out that Halloween game.

...And yes Maniac Cop and Pinhead have their own levels.
NaturesMistake is offline   Reply With Quote