Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 05-28-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
Cujo108
Screamy Bopper

Cards of Death (1986)

This ultra rare SOV title will finally be more widely available in June. No disc release though, just VHS.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...l-vhs-release/

I'm not expecting much, but looking forward to finally seeing this one.
Cujo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

VHS only?! For fucksake...

Lets put a rarely seen movie in which the original release VHS is rarer than hen's teeth and release it on the same limited format in which it will be sold out in 10 minutes. Stunning logic...

I love VHS just as much as the next guy, but this kind of shit just exacerbates the complete fuckery that is the current VHS market while at the same time giving a big middle finger to those that actually want to watch the flick.

First the new lame reviews, then the pretty mediocre book, and now this? R.I.P. Bleeding Skull 2004-2014

It also states in the article that the Bleeding Skull label is described as a "VHS and digital streaming label that is dedicated to sharing unreleased (or barely released) movies with the world."

Maybe Cards of Death with be a digital download as well ? I hope so...because I'll certainly be skipping the VHS.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:18 AM   #3
Katatonia
Master of Doom

^^ gotta agree with Chomp.

And how much are they going to charge to get the VHS? $89.95? If you're going all-out retro, you might as well just sell it for the old VHS retail prices!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
Paul_s
Victim

Putting my blu-ray player into storage - out comes the VHS!!
Paul_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
Cujo108
Screamy Bopper

Unfortunately, one of the "in" things for hipsters now is VHS. Just a few short years ago, I was able to buy many films not on DVD for relatively cheap, but tape prices have gone up considerably, and now this. These newly produced tapes are hipster shit to the core. This is the one case I'll go for it simply because seeing the movie any other way is unlikely. Never much cared for the Bleeding Skull review site, so I'm not surprised they're going with such a poor release method.
Cujo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #6
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo108 View Post
Unfortunately, one of the "in" things for hipsters now is VHS. Just a few short years ago, I was able to buy many films not on DVD for relatively cheap, but tape prices have gone up considerably, and now this. These newly produced tapes are hipster shit to the core. This is the one case I'll go for it simply because seeing the movie any other way is unlikely. Never much cared for the Bleeding Skull review site, so I'm not surprised they're going with such a poor release method.
I hate this extreme hipster shit. Retro stuff is cool to a point, before it just starts to get ridiculous. It's 2014 now, not 1984. Even in the music world "cassette" tapes are coming back as a trend. Are 8-Track Tapes next?

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote