Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Euro Horror

Old 11-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #136
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
Pretty sure MYA and One 7 Movies are the same people.
Yeep!!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #137
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Watched the MYA release of Horrible, aka Absurd, aka Antropophagus 2, and found it to be a welcome upgrade from my old Monster Hunter VHS. I must say though the 2nd source they used was awful! Thankfully it's only like 5% of the film, but yeesh, my Wizard VHS looks 10x better.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:08 AM   #138
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Holy crap! I've had that Mya DVD of Horrible for ages and never watched it! It kind of snuck onto my shelf unwatched and was forgotten till now. I'm gonna throw this on tonight, thanks for the reminder
Drinkinstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #139
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Haha, yeah do the zoom on your HD tv and it'll fill in nicely. It's like a 1:66 non-anamorphic dealy.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:22 AM   #140
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

A horror movie with a bunch of Italians watching the Steelers and Rams Super Bowl eating spaghetti
Old 06-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #141
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Wow those scenes spliced in from the inferior source are REALLY inferior. The rest doesn't look too bad even zoomed in though

Last edited by Drinkinstein; 06-08-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Drinkinstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #142
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

The guy who runs Slasher//Video just posted a picture of the Absurd VHS and its date which has people speculating that he my be releasing it at some stage.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #143
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
The guy who runs Slasher//Video just posted a picture of the Absurd VHS and its date which has people speculating that he my be releasing it at some stage.

It never crossed my mind that they could also license Eurohorror in addition to US films. It's a good thing, I suppose, but there have been so many of those already released that I'm sort of burned out on them. We need a US label that'll focus on US and Canadian slasher films - something we never had. BU, Synapse, Severin, AB, and, yes, Mya and all those guys specialized in Eurohorror. Eurohorror done correctly is a new concept, though. Midnight Legacy tried and failed miserably but maybe Slasher Video could have a go at it.
elDomenechHDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #144
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
It never crossed my mind that they could also license Eurohorror in addition to US films. It's a good thing, I suppose, but there have been so many of those already released that I'm sort of burned out on them. We need a US label that'll focus on US and Canadian slasher films - something we never had. BU, Synapse, Severin, AB, and, yes, Mya and all those guys specialized in Eurohorror. Eurohorror done correctly is a new concept, though. Midnight Legacy tried and failed miserably but maybe Slasher Video could have a go at it.
I think it's good that companies are broad in their horror releases. Synapse is tackling a few CA horrors with Curtains and Prom Night and BU recently gave us the Maniac Cop sequels. Plus Scream Factory has been releasing tons of American horror.

Midnight Legacy did an incredible job with Alien 2. It's one of the best looking transfers I've seen and it's of an old, low budget, pretty much unheard of title. I wish they were still doing stuff because they at least knew how to release quality in terms of picture and sound.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #145
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
I doubt it....he does that often when he watches a movie. He's done the same with Girl School Screamers and My Bloody Valentine....as we'll with copious amounts of Franco flicks that have already been released on BD.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #146
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I doubt it....he does that often when he watches a movie. He's done the same with Girl School Screamers and My Bloody Valentine....as we'll with copious amounts of Franco flicks that have already been released on BD.
True, I just noticed that. It's a bit dickish of him to brand the date with his // though. That definitely gives the impression that it's work related.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #147
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
True, I just noticed that. It's a bit dickish of him to brand the date with his // though. That definitely gives the impression that it's work related.
He does that with everything thing he posts though... It's basically his signature.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote