I Have A Fetish

My Jaws "Last Stand" resin kit I had professionally assembled and painted:

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #152
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

My T-Rex VS Kong kit, also professionally built up and painted in a sepia tone.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #153
burieddeep
Maniac

Those are beauties
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #154
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Wow, thanks for posting those beautiful pieces SaviniFan! I particularly love the Kong one. Wish I had one!

As for Sideshow Collectibles, they release some lovely looking pieces that I'd love to own but their prices are simply ridiculous. I can't afford or justify their prices for statues and their Hot Toyz line. Then to top it off, I've seen people post pictures of their purchases that don't look anywhere near as good as the pictures SS posts on their site. If they're going to charge out the ass they should be making each piece they sell immaculate. So that also puts me off.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #155
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
As for Sideshow Collectibles, they release some lovely looking pieces that I'd love to own but their prices are simply ridiculous. I can't afford or justify their prices for statues and their Hot Toyz line. Then to top it off, I've seen people post pictures of their purchases that don't look anywhere near as good as the pictures SS posts on their site. If they're going to charge out the ass they should be making each piece they sell immaculate. So that also puts me off.
There are a bunch of recent statues and figures that I've been watching. Sideshow is having crazy problems releasing them like what they show and at times cancelling and "restarting" the project. On the horror Queen of the Dead statue, people are doing all kinds of returns. The Predator 2 statue was cancelled and refunded only to be started again. That Predator is way too much money for what they are offering anyway. Like $1000+.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:32 AM   #156
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
There are a bunch of recent statues and figures that I've been watching. Sideshow is having crazy problems releasing them like what they show and at times cancelling and "restarting" the project. On the horror Queen of the Dead statue, people are doing all kinds of returns. The Predator 2 statue was cancelled and refunded only to be started again. That Predator is way too much money for what they are offering anyway. Like $1000+.
Yea their prices are just stupid. I love a lot of what they're putting out but not their prices. The quality control issue is a big put off too. I was watching a forum on the lifesize Iron Man bust from Avengers and the final product looked rubbish compared to their official images. The paint looked cheap, a lot of them were cracking and it just looked like a disaster. That sort of thing shouldn't be happening, especially at the prices these people are paying. I've seen recasts of some Sideshow products that look better that the official ones.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #157
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Anybody ever order from Crimson Mask Studios? I ordered a Part 5 Jason mask, and still haven't received it. I stopped buying masks because of all the shady business as well as I didn't have the room, but I impulsively purchased a Part 5 hockey during one of CMS promotions in March. When I emailed the guy, he said he had knee surgery and that my order would be shipped shortly. A month later still nothing.

I am getting a little ticked as he regularly posts promotional codes for a discount on masks, then right after, he posts a sob story complete with a hospital selfie and an explanation as to why he can't make masks. It's starting to be a pattern, so I am wondering if this guy is scamming the horror community or if he is indeed legit with just a string of bad luck.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:01 AM   #158
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Anybody ever order from Crimson Mask Studios? I ordered a Part 5 Jason mask, and still haven't received it. I stopped buying masks because of all the shady business as well as I didn't have the room, but I impulsively purchased a Part 5 hockey during one of CMS promotions in March. When I emailed the guy, he said he had knee surgery and that my order would be shipped shortly. A month later still nothing.

I am getting a little ticked as he regularly posts promotional codes for a discount on masks, then right after, he posts a sob story complete with a hospital selfie and an explanation as to why he can't make masks. It's starting to be a pattern, so I am wondering if this guy is scamming the horror community or if he is indeed legit with just a string of bad luck.
Not heard of them sorry Chomp. Had a quick google search and couldn't find much info on them but your situation doesn't sound good. I'd be contacting PayPal (assuming you paid with them) if you still can. If this guy has issues going on he shouldn't still be selling and it's worrying that he's still listing stuff but you've got nothing yet.
Hope it works out man.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:08 AM   #159
Dobby
quantum physics

Quote:

Sounds like massacre video drama you never learm Chomp.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 AM   #160
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Yea their prices are just stupid. I love a lot of what they're putting out but not their prices. The quality control issue is a big put off too. I was watching a forum on the lifesize Iron Man bust from Avengers and the final product looked rubbish compared to their official images. The paint looked cheap, a lot of them were cracking and it just looked like a disaster. That sort of thing shouldn't be happening, especially at the prices these people are paying. I've seen recasts of some Sideshow products that look better that the official ones.
I believe one of those Iron Man statues / busts had an upside down power area. That's how bad the quality checking is at times.

I saw an upcoming Friday the 13th part 6 figure from Neca. The scale of the clothes look off though making him look more doll like. But that could just be the prototype figure. Still I don't know why Neca would advertise him like that.

Quote:

Never heard of them. But when companies / people start giving personal reasons for why a product hasn't shipped, that's the time I stop doing business with them and ask for my money back.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote