Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-15-2015, 02:46 AM   #271
othervoice1
HackMaster

I wish they would release Subspecies IV on blu so I could have them all.....
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:38 AM   #272
othervoice1
HackMaster

Hey sorry if this is mentioned somewhere- but nothing came up with forum search- does anyone know if Trophy Heads is any good? Got a lot of past scream queens in it - here is what was in the email I received about the blu release:
Independently produced by Charles Band's long-running horror production company Full Moon Features, TROPHY HEADS tells the chilling tale of six beloved cult film scream queens, Darcy DeMoss (Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI, Alien Abduction), Michelle Bauer (Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl-O-Rama, Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers), Brinke Stevens (The Slumber Party Massacre, Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity), Linnea Quigley (Return of the Living Dead, Creepozoids), Jacqueline Lovell (Head of the Family, Femalien) and Denice Duff (Subspecies II-IV, The Young and the Restless), meeting their biggest fan...and their doom!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #273
Dave
Pimp

I really don't think ANYTHING Full Moon does these days is good. The sad reality is, and it set in a few years ago for me, is they can come nowhere near the budget of their old movies. Their Paramount era stuff typically cost a few million each. The stuff they do these days is maybe $100k. When you factor in inflation, it's ridiculous how much their budgets went down. Those numbers are directly from Charles on some of his vidcasts.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent movie on no budget. But I'm pretty sure Full Moon can't. Until they prove me wrong...
Old 01-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #274
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Blu-ray.com reviews Dollman: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dollma.../83445/#Review
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:27 AM   #275
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I really don't think ANYTHING Full Moon does these days is good. The sad reality is, and it set in a few years ago for me, is they can come nowhere near the budget of their old movies. Their Paramount era stuff typically cost a few million each. The stuff they do these days is maybe $100k. When you factor in inflation, it's ridiculous how much their budgets went down. Those numbers are directly from Charles on some of his vidcasts.

I'm not saying you can't have a decent movie on no budget. But I'm pretty sure Full Moon can't. Until they prove me wrong...
They had something of an uptick going from... what? Like 2006-2012? Zombies Vs. Strippers seems like the last good thing they put out. Then it just became total beginning to end filler material. Not sure what the hell happened.

I've been reluctant to try anything of theirs since.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:53 AM   #276
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I can give or take Full Moon these days. I love the first two Evil Bong films and the two Gingerdead Man sequels but hated Unlucky Charms and Ooga Booga and Gingerdead Man vs Evil Bong was a disappointment.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #277
othervoice1
HackMaster

I did a google search for any reviews on Trophy Heads and suprisingley most of what I have seen have been positive. Hmmmmmmmm - to blind buy or not ..... It basically is a web series I guess Full Moon did compiled together? Weird I never heard of it - one review I came across about the series:

http://www.examiner.com/review/review-trophy-heads-2014

Last edited by othervoice1; 01-18-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:59 AM   #278
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Blu-ray.com reviews Trancers II: The Return of Jack Deth: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Trance...118629/#Review
Old 01-23-2015, 02:34 AM   #279
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Blu-ray.com reviews:

Bloodstone: Subspecies II: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bloods.../63004/#Review

Bloodlust: Subspecies III: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bloodl.../63005/#Review
Old 02-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #280
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Here's a review coming nearly a year later.

Blu-ray.com reviews the Full Moon release of Tourist Trap: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Touris.../83676/#Review
Old 02-04-2015, 05:44 AM   #281
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Dollman Vs. Demonic Toys review (one of the extras features a whopping 3 hours of behind-the-scenes footage!!!!!):
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Dollma...119938/#Review
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #282
MorallySound
The Fiend

Full Moon are releasing a Jess Franco Collection, all on DVD only, starting with the first release - Jack the Ripper - later this month.

http://fullmoonstreaming.com/Jess-Franco-Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Moon
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
In the annals of international cult, horror and fantasy filmmaking, the name Jess Franco is royalty. The controversial Spanish-born auteur directed over 200 remarkable films in his 60 year career before his death in 2013, sculpting a body of dangerous, dark, erotic and generally outrageous descents into personal, obsessive and entertaining excess.

Now, Full Moon is thrilled to be able to honor the legacy of Jess Franco with our new DVD series, “The Jess Franco Collection.” Working in partnership with legendary exploitation film producer Erwin C. Dietrich, Full Moon’s “The Jess Franco Collection” features 10 titles culled from that golden period of collaboration between Dietrich and Franco, all of them featuring transfers struck from a brand new HD master and each release loaded with special features.

Starting with Franco’s violent 1976 masterpiece JACK THE RIPPER, Full Moon will release a new Franco title every month to DVD. Each beautifully designed and packaged DVD will feature on its spine, a piece of a “puzzle” that, when put together with the entire 10-unit set, will create an exclusive portrait of Jess Franco designed by artist Ryan Brookhart.

“I’m excited to be able to bring this awesome collection to the fans,” says Full Moon founder and equally storied genre film producer/director Charles Band.

“My WIZARD home video imprint was among the first in North America to distribute Franco’s films in the early 1980s and it makes perfect sense that Full Moon should be the ones to now release these beautiful new transfers of some of Jess’ most effective pictures to domestic DVD.”

Titles featured in Full Moon’s “The Jess Franco Collection” are as follows:

JACK THE RIPPER
BARBED WIRE DOLLS
BLUE RITA
LOVE CAMP
SEXY SISTERS
SLAVES (no English track, only English subtitles available)
MARQUISE DE SADE (aka DORIANA GREY)
WOMEN FROM CELLBLOCK 9
VOODOO PASSION
LOVE LETTERS OF A PORTUGUESE NUN
Most likely these will be the same remasters used for the the Ascot Golden Goya Collection that were released on DVD and Blu-ray overseas in the last two years - but I doubt the hardcore version of Doriana Grey will be included here. And my guess is these likely will only contain the English dubs (except for Die Sklavinnen [Swedish Nympho Slaves]) which would be a negative... but who knows.

Also, if Ascot is where they are obtaining the new remasters from, they are also missing the following titles:

DOWNTOWN (a personal favourite of mine)
ILSA THE MAD BUTCHER (aka Greta the Mad Butcher aka Ilsa/Wanda the Wicked Warden)
GIRLS IN THE NIGHT TRAFFIC (Mädchen im Nachtverkehr)
MONDO EROTICO (In 80 Betten um die Welt) - Hardcore
WICKED WOMEN (another favourite)

I can't complain too much though, as I already own all the Goya Blu-rays so I won't be double-dipping, and this would be a good intro for those uninitiated into the many many many films of Jess Franco - even if DVD only. Only other negative though - these are only exclusively available from Full Moon Streaming directly or Amazon (US).

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado

Last edited by MorallySound; 02-04-2015 at 03:47 PM.
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote