Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Asian Horror and Other Pleasures

Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Godzilla Vs. Biollante Coming From Echo Bridge (For Real This Time)

There are some posts on Toho Kingdom from someone who works at Echo Bridge that indicate this movie is coming soon to DVD:

From TohoKingdom.com's forum (fifth post down)

"I probably shouldn't be here...And I probably shouldn't reveal my identity...

But I work at Echo Bridge. I am the terrible person who makes all the BDs and DVDs you all seem to hate.

I know I can't win you all over, and I won't try, but I will tell you kpa is correct. We have been working with Miramax and Toho on getting new materials that will at least match the source materials used to create the Japanese BD for GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE. I can't guarantee that everything will go smoothly and we will get all the approvals we need to match their release, but I am fighting for it. (I really only get to herald 1 in about 1000 movies to get "special" treatment and not get smashed onto a multi-feature disc with no bonus features)

The current plan is to make sure GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE gets as good of a BD release as we can manage based on the materials the new Miramax delivers to us. And they are working with whatever Toho will give them, so it is not an easy battle. This is why the release was cancelled last year. We got masters delivered in SD and they were terrible, so I told my bosses and Miramax that we wouldn't release a DVD that looked and sounded worse than the VHS.

I don't have any details on a release timeframe, but I will tell you we have all the video elements we need/want. The last thing we are looking into is english audio and subtitles. We will most likely use the existing english subtitles from the R3 DVD and try to get either the english audio track from the laserdisc or *possibly* a brand new english stereo mix created at Toho, but that's a long shot.

(If I may leave you all with one note, Echo Bridge does not TRY to release terrible versions of movies on DVD/BD. We merely work with what is delivered to us. We are an independent manufacturer and distributor really. We try to get these films out to the largest audience, which these days is the Walmart shopper, and sometimes that involves giving up on trying to locate all those amazing bonus features from the original DVD release or trying to force the filmmaker to track down the original HD cut of their film. We just can't do better some times. My apologies)."

__________________________________________________ ___________

And then on page 27 of that forum, eighth post down, he makes this post:

"Well. I guess I should post here more often. I just got an email minutes ago from Miramax letting me know that the HDCAMSR will be at FotoKem today and ready for us to start working with next week.From what I can interpret, it is an exact clone of the Japanese BD source with original Japanese language stereo and re-mastered Japanese language 5.1 legs.We are getting an English stereo track that was found separate from the HDCAMSR checked to see if it conforms to this new master, and if it does we will have everything to start working on the disc!"
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

It's been awhile since I watched my Biollante R3 dvd, but I'm sure the subs had quite a bit of Engrish to them. Not sure if they want to use those. They're probably better off getting a fan made subtitle track.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I'm pleased to see Echo Bridge going the extra mile to give Godzilla Vs Biollante a decent release in terms of picture and sound.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
russweiss
Maniac

I used to have Biollante in a Japanese laserdisc box set. I'd love to see a nice blu-ray transfer.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
X-human
I ate my keys

I've been hanging onto the VHS and I'll have to pop it in again but I remember it being rather good. There's some really extreme practical effects in this one and is probably one of the last in that regard.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I have a great bootleg of it. Might just keep it in favor of this since Biollante isn't one of my fave Godzilla flicks.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
Body Boy
HackMaster

If Echo Bridge released a single DVD of Curtains with original artwork, from a GOOD original or theatrical print in widescreen, and included a trailer, I'd be fine with them. But if they can't do it, then please sell Curtains to Scorpion Releasing.

That is all.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Erick H.
HackMaster

I haven't seen BIOLANTE since it first hit VHS.I really hope EB gets it right this time.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
spawningblue
Deadite

Anyone looking to part with their Godzilla vs. Biollante Blu-ray? I'm looking for the single movie only version, shipped to Canada. Let me know!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
RickMoe
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Anyone looking to part with their Godzilla vs. Biollante Blu-ray? I'm looking for the single movie only version, shipped to Canada. Let me know!
Try ordering here...
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...61&style=movie

It's the blu in 3-pack with MONSTER and MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS (both non-Godzilla). Shipping to Canada is cheaper than Amazon.com & can even pay with PayPal too.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
Try ordering here...
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...61&style=movie

It's the blu in 3-pack with MONSTER and MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS (both non-Godzilla). Shipping to Canada is cheaper than Amazon.com & can even pay with PayPal too.
Unfortunately, the 3-pack drops the Japanese audio options.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #12
spawningblue
Deadite

Thanks RickMoe, but like zbinks mentioned, the 3 pack is inferior, so I am only looking for the single movie version. I actually ordered it twice from two different vendors, but on both occasions after a month or so it was eventually cancelled from my order.

Apparently they are still out there in some stores in the US (Fairly cheap I've heard), so if anyone sees one in any stores, I would be happy to pay for shipping, as well as kick a little extra your way for your trouble.

Thanks guys!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast

Last edited by spawningblue; 04-29-2014 at 07:10 PM.
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #13
RickMoe
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Unfortunately, the 3-pack drops the Japanese audio options.
Ouch! Well that sucks.

Didn't realize there was a difference between the single and combo releases. I have the single bluray with the 3 audio options (2 Jap, 1 Eng) but haven't watched it yet. Got it really cheap when first came out... something like $7.

As mentioned, searching stores is probably your best bet I guess. I'd be surprised if anyone who isn't a Godzilla fan would know they're out of print. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #14
RickMoe
Maniac

GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE
Blu-ray set for re-release OCTOBER 7, 2014

Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/Godzilla-Vs-Bio...words=godzilla