Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
booper71
HackMaster

Bikini Island & Video Dead on Netflix Streaming.

the slasher (bow and arrow killer) flick Bikini Island and The Video Dead are on netflix streaming. Other VHS exclusives are as well if you look deep enough.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
rhett

Nice. Still haven't seen The Video Dead. I'm thinking of using up a one month free trial...what other VHS exclusives can I look to find on there?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
walkingdude
Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Nice. Still haven't seen The Video Dead. I'm thinking of using up a one month free trial...what other VHS exclusives can I look to find on there?
It isn't on netflix Canada Rhett.The selection is really poor so far.Most of the titles available are what you would find in the Zellers dump bins on DVD.They have very few older horror titles.Most of their movies are from the mid 2000's.They are promising to expand their library but for now they aren't offering much.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Vance Vandy
Stalker

Thanks for the post! Video Dead is one I still need to see!
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Cujo108

I'm loving Netflix streaming as of late. Two of my personal favorites, Blood and Lace and The Initiation of Sarah, were both recently added with gorgeous prints. I had only ever seen the former via shitty looking, slightly cut versions, so to see it undedited and looking terrific was a great surprise. The latter is the best of the Carrie rips and looked equally great. In fact, I actually like it more than the De Palma film. I also finally caught up with Stuart Gordon's long OOP The Pit and the Pendulum on there, as well as finished off the Curse series with Catacombs.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo108 View Post
I'm loving Netflix streaming as of late. Two of my personal favorites, Blood and Lace and The Initiation of Sarah, were both recently added with gorgeous prints. I had only ever seen the former via shitty looking, slightly cut versions, so to see it undedited and looking terrific was a great surprise. The latter is the best of the Carrie rips and looked equally great. In fact, I actually like it more than the De Palma film. I also finally caught up with Stuart Gordon's long OOP The Pit and the Pendulum on there, as well as finished off the Curse series with Catacombs.
OK, I just added those two to my list, but I find it kind of dubious that a made for TV rip-off of Carrie could be better than De Palma's horror masterpiece!
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Cujo108

Hey, I didn't say it was better, just that I like it more!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Ah, OK. Understood.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Blood and Lace? Awesome, I've been wanting to check that out. Saw a bit of in on TV when I was a kid but never saw the whole film.

You should probably add this info to the dedicated thread:
http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showt...hlight=netflix

Last edited by Darga; 10-19-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
Vortex
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo108 View Post
You just convinced me to finally pull the trigger on a Netflix account. I've been after Blood & Lace for as long as I can remember. If I woulda known it was available for streaming I'd have pulled that trigger a long time ago. Initiation of Sarah sounds familiar. I probably saw it on TV if it ever reaired. I wasn't old enough to see it in 78. I thought Gordon;s Pit and Pendulum stunk up the joint though. That dude who played the Castle Freak can't act. Do you know any other good streaming picks available?

Last edited by Vortex; 10-22-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #11
Cujo108

^ Blood and Lace was actually just added recently as I said in my post. Anyway, aside from the ones mentioned in my post, they also have Panga, aka Curse III: Blood Sacrifice. I love that one, and it's yet another stunning print. I've come across several others that I intend to watch soon, stuff like Monster Dog and Dark Tower, neither of which I've seen.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
Cujo108

I was just over there, and they've added Jaws of Satan, aka King Cobra as well. I also forgot to mention Spellcaster before, which is very much worth seeing.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
dvdfan
Stalker

More great titles, thanks Cujo108.

Can a moderator merge this thread with the one located here: http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/sh...ad.php?t=41272 ?
dvdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #14
Cujo108

They've added Burn, Witch, Burn! I've also found the overlooked Australian film, Encounter at Raven's Gate, and Gary Sherman's Lisa, which has been playing on MGM HD as well.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #15
SilentScreams
Maniac

Twins of Evil is now available.
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote