Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #811
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

There's so much nostalgia on this page...it's great. The new films just don't compare.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #812
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Just bought The Unseen, God's Bloody Acre, Scared to Death, Terror Train, The Being and Boogeyman for a total of $45.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #813
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Just bought The Unseen, God's Bloody Acre, Scared to Death, Terror Train, The Being and Boogeyman for a total of $45.
Were these on e-bay? If so, I might have bid on that Terror Train poster, and I had the Unseen and God's Bloody Acre posters in my watch-list.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:26 AM   #814
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Were these on e-bay? If so, I might have bid on that Terror Train poster, and I had the Unseen and God's Bloody Acre posters in my watch-list.
Yes - all the same seller. I wanted Screamtime too, but someone outbid me.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #815
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Yes - all the same seller. I wanted Screamtime too, but someone outbid me.
I nabbed Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2, Visiting Hours, and Summer Camp Nightmare from the seller. I really wanted the Tourist Trap poster, but it went higher than I was willing to pay.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #816
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
I love that Scared to Death poster The Boogeyman is cool, too gotta love those classics. I won a few items from that seller, too. I got TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN (a movie I'm a little afraid to see).
*UPDATE*
About a week ago I purchased a RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK poster for $25 (the first 1981 release version). Just got it and it's a true original item. It's near mint except for one scuff on the image. It's one of the few non-horror items I have.

Last edited by wago70; 07-30-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #817
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I nabbed Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2, Visiting Hours, and Summer Camp Nightmare from the seller. I really wanted the Tourist Trap poster, but it went higher than I was willing to pay.
Nice. Yeah, I was eyeing the Tourist Trap poster too, but saw it going up so I bagged it. What was the final sale price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wago70 View Post
I love that Scared to Death poster The Boogeyman is cool, too gotta love those classics. I won a few items from that seller, too. I got TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN (a movie I'm a little afraid to see).
Yeah, for $3 I couldn't resist on the Scared to Death. Pretty sweet. Boogeyman I've been eyeing from one seller for months that had it for $20, so I was happy to take this seller's for so cheap. Good grab on Town That Dreaded Sundown and his looked pretty mint too. What did you get it for?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #818
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Nice. Yeah, I was eyeing the Tourist Trap poster too, but saw it going up so I bagged it. What was the final sale price?
Tourist Trap ended at $26. Monster Squad was at $46.

I received mine in the mail today.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #819
J-Bone84
Screamy Bopper

What would you guys say is a good price to pay for a folded Final Exam 1 sheet in very good condition? Also, how about a folded very good Blood Diner 1 sheet? I've seen both recently, but don't know if I want to pay what they're asking. Especially if they are asking too much, which I think they may be.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #820
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

FINAL EXAM - I have a few of these. I never paid over $25 for one. However, they rare come up and I don't think I've ever purchased one since the early 90's. Granted there are two versions: the MPM version and an "Avco Embasssy" version. They both have the same treasured artwork, but the MPM version has the red border framing and the Avco one has their logo in the credits area and no red border line around the image. I'm not sure where the Avco credited one came from but it's worth getting. There is one for about $55 but that's too much since it's not in the best condition.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #821
Erick H.
HackMaster

Just won VISITING HOURS and EYES OF LAURA MARS off e-bay but I won't be keeping them.Gifts for a friend.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #822
J-Bone84
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
FINAL EXAM - I have a few of these. I never paid over $25 for one. However, they rare come up and I don't think I've ever purchased one since the early 90's. Granted there are two versions: the MPM version and an "Avco Embasssy" version. They both have the same treasured artwork, but the MPM version has the red border framing and the Avco one has their logo in the credits area and no red border line around the image. I'm not sure where the Avco credited one came from but it's worth getting. There is one for about $55 but that's too much since it's not in the best condition.
Thanks for the info! I found one for $85 which looks like it's in pretty good condition. No visible separations on the fold lines or anything like that. Even still, I think I'll pass for now. If you ever want to get rid of one of yours just let me know!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #823
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I remember seeing VISITING HOURS at the picture show and seeing the poster outside. I love the colors on that one. Back then, I used to want to take pictures of the theaters but as a kid, I didn't have access to a camera. I really wish I had because those show houses are all gone now.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #824
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Back then, I used to want to take pictures of the theaters but as a kid, I didn't have access to a camera. I really wish I had because those show houses are all gone now.

I miss all of our old single screen theaters,they had so much more style than the multiplexes that replaced them.The only local link we have to those days anymore is The Naro,built in the 20's.It's on the historical register now.Old school theater with the neon and hundreds of individual bulbs on the marquee.Great place !

While I wasn't really a huge fan of HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN I did end up seeing that at a great old time theater.The Carolina Theater in Durham has two huge balconies and over 1,300 seats.HOBO looked great on that big screen !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #825
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Now THAT is a rare experience!
I was lucky to see THE BEYOND here in San Francisco in the vintage Castro Theatre in 1998. I won the re-release poster for it in a local newspaper after answering the trivia question correctly: What was the name of the island in ZOMBIE?
I won the poster, an "eyeball" with the title on it and 2 tickets to see the film opening night. Good Times.