Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #46
Jeff Dolniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon
George Romero cancelled.....

too bad for you guys

but hey, you got Stuart Gordon and the Ladies of the Evil Dead

I'm just fooling around with ya, but it does suck!
I had a feeling this might happen. When I was at FLASHBACK weekend in Chicago he was very unsure of the appearance. With LAND full blast ,I guess thats a good enough reason. Anybody who hasnt met him, needs to meet him. Very good guy, not full of himself like some folks.

Stuart Gordon is quite a cool addition. Still a nice list but hopefully more big names will show up.

Last edited by Jeff Dolniak; 09-09-2004 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:40 AM   #47
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Ok, well that does suck kind of. I wasn't really too excited about George Romero anyway.
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:48 AM   #48
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Stuart Gordon is now in....so that's cool, he can sign my Dolls dvd maybe.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #49
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Stuart Gordon looks pissed about the news!

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #50
wizzer
get outta here ewe

well, i just went to phoenix this weekend and me and my daughter went to the zoo and did some other things- and while i was up there i went to the marriot to reserve a room for my wife because i hadn't planned on going but after seeing the place, i'm definitely going just to stay in the fancy suite.

people should take advantage of the special horrorfind rate of 125 dollars a night because normal room rates normaly start at 350 dollars a night at the end of october. the hotel is beautiful and when i pulled up to the front there were like 20 valet parkers walking towards the truck like zombies. when i got out i went in and from the entrance to the front desk about 12 people said "good afternoon sir." pretty fancy place. you walk through it's like "mmm hmm" turn your head, "howdy" look the other way, "how ya doin".

anyway, i'm goin just to live it up like some kind of fancy king! i'm not the biggest horror movie fan or buff but have high intrest in meeting tony todd and thats about it. so i guess i'll be after a pic of me and candyman hopefully it cools the fuck down because it was 109 this weekend and it doesn't cool off at night! it was dark and i was still sucking down 100 degree air

anywho, i love JW Marriot! cant wait to stay there
Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #51
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

you guys think they're gonna add a big name or 2?? One of my buds was gonna go until Romero cancelled.

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #52
wizzer
get outta here ewe

i was thinking the same thing. now that i want to go, i got to looking through the list and there really aren't that many names that would draw a giant crowd i wouldn't think. but i don't know since i've never been to anything like this. hopefully they will drop some big name guests at the last minute.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #53
Jeff Dolniak

Bill Moseley and Sid Haig have been added as well as Scott Reiniger from DOTD. Very cool additions.

Last edited by Jeff Dolniak; 09-16-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:36 AM   #54
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Well, I'm excited about the Dawn cast and Combs/Gordon, but this list bothers me a bit. Too typical, it would be nice to see a more underground presence there. Beggers can't be choosers and if I was 16 again I'd have to change my shorts, but if I have to pay for autographs, there aren't many there I'd go out of my way for.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:20 AM   #55
Jeff Dolniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist
Well, I'm excited about the Dawn cast and Combs/Gordon, but this list bothers me a bit. Too typical, it would be nice to see a more underground presence there. Beggers can't be choosers and if I was 16 again I'd have to change my shorts, but if I have to pay for autographs, there aren't many there I'd go out of my way for.
You gotta good point. Id like to see someone like Jack Hill, Roger Corman, HG Lewis, Jorg Buttgreit and hell even Robert"Cannibal Holocaust" Kerman would rule. He cant be that pricy.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #56
jscott
Guided By Voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist
but if I have to pay for autographs, there aren't many there I'd go out of my way for.
I can't think of anyone from the Baltimore Horrorfind who didn't charge money for a sig, even if you brought your own item to sign.
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #57
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

This will be my first Horror Convention ever, I am so glad they are even having one in Arizona, so I am not going to be one to complain. The list is looking good to me.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:18 PM   #58
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Also, I think we should support Horrorfind's effort in even bringing this type of event to the Southwest. If we don't, I doubt they will come back again.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:06 PM   #59
Number Six
I am not a number...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawny
Also, I think we should support Horrorfind's effort in even bringing this type of event to the Southwest. If we don't, I doubt they will come back again.
Exactly!

I'll be going, maybe not for the whole weekend, but there's no way I'm gonna miss this.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #60
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Well, I'm not working. Even the $40 admission fee is going to set me back, let alone any other expenses involved... I'm not complaining, but the set-up does bother me a bit. The list of guests and the like don't necessarily represent what I look for in horror, etc.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote