Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-16-2004, 09:41 PM   #61
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

I've never had Savini charge me for something I brought. I heard Nicotero was doing the same thing, but he stepped out while we were getting sigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott
I can't think of anyone from the Baltimore Horrorfind who didn't charge money for a sig, even if you brought your own item to sign.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #62
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott
I can't think of anyone from the Baltimore Horrorfind who didn't charge money for a sig, even if you brought your own item to sign.
I can, Tom Savini & Reggie Bannister both didn't charge.....however Tom has the attitude of just signing shit and not wanting to talk, which is cool by me but Reggie was very interested in talking with the fans.

I wonder urge you guys to definatly support the Horrorfind in Arizona, for someone who went to Baltimore theres really no need to go to the Arizona event.....but if its more near your neck of the woods........SUPPORT IT!!

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:48 PM   #63
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

Duh! How could I forget Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon
I can, Tom Savini & Reggie Bannister both didn't charge.....however Tom has the attitude of just signing shit and not wanting to talk, which is cool by me but Reggie was very interested in talking with the fans.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:34 PM   #64
jscott
Guided By Voices

My bad, you're right fellas. Savini doesn't charge anything for your own swag. But even if you buy something from him, he still puts out a "Fuck Off" vibe. I didn't know about Bannister. I meant to bring my Phantasm II Laserdisc for a sig, but forgot it, so I had to buy a still off of everyone's favorite bald, middle-aged, ice cream vendor.
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #65
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

I got this link to the commercial from the Horrorfind site.
http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/sta...ommercial.html

It reminds me of a commercial they did on the Simpsons that had Alf and Mark Hamill's heads spinning.
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #66
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Hey they added somebody cool to the list. Tom Atkins from Night of the Creeps and Halloween 3! He has some of the best lines in Night of the Creeps.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #67
Jason25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawny
Hey they added somebody cool to the list. Tom Atkins from Night of the Creeps and Halloween 3! He has some of the best lines in Night of the Creeps.
Atkins rocks! I'd love to meet him and talk to him. He has been in some great films and always delivers a good performance.
Jason25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:45 PM   #68
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

I remember Atkins well from The Fog and Escape From NY.........good times!!

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #69
legnadibrom

i enjoyed that commercial
Old 09-29-2004, 02:33 AM   #70
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Wooh! Courtney Gains (Malachai from Children of the Corn) is gonna be there now. Maybe I can find out if he really is Mickey Rooney's son, or if it's all a big lie.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:11 AM   #71
Number Six
I am not a number...

Just added: Michael Berryman

Fuckin' A! How rad is this con going to be? I'm still hopeful that another HUGE name will be thrown in for good measure. If his schedule permits it, Savini perhaps?
Old 10-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #72
RyanPC

Daaamn, looks like this is gonna be fun... even if I can't go.

Too bad Romero had to cancel, but hey, I already met him!

Michael Berryman is REALLY cool, it's too bad he wasn't there for the Baltimore con this year. And I'd love to meet Atkins!
Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #73
Snake Plissken

I really want to go to this. Too bad Romero cancelled, but at least he cancelled for a good reason.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:18 AM   #74
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Hey... That Land of the Dead is filming right now... October 11 was the start date I believe. Thats awesome!! Must go to Toronto to be a zombie.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #75
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Ok, made it back alive. For starters, I was expecting like 1000 people to be at the event. But the place was fucking dead. I think the organizers are to blame. The location was just way too ritzy for an event like this. It was on the outskirts of Phoenix, and they did not do enought promoitions/advertising. But.....I am very glad that we were there. Because we did not have to wait for any lines, and also got to talk more one on one with people because there was just not much else to do but walk around the celebrity/dealer rooms and hang out. I missed a few people(Doug Bradley, Dawn/Day of the Dead folks) but pretty much hit up everybody else. My favorites were Courtney Gains. He was really cool and he told me that Mickey Rooney is not his Dad, so we can put that rumor to rest once and for all. We got along pretty well. Sid Haig was there. His guy took a couple of pictures of us for SidHaig.com, so I'm gonna look out for those. He was kind of wierd. Had Bill Mosely sign a poster. Charles Cyphers was really cool, and his autograph was actually the only one I got for free. I got his autograph for free at the bar Friday Night. He was just kicking back eating dinner with us. And nobody recognized him for the longest time! Everbody thought he was Stuart Gordon, but then we were like, no no, that's not him. When I first got there, I got Jeffrey Comb's autograph first. He signed my Castle Freak dvd. Then I went over to the Anchor Bay dealer room, and totally scored a free Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition from the Anchor Bay guy! I was fucking stoked. So anyway me and Wizzer ended up getting drunk with a bunch of people from Dvd Maniacs on Friday night. It was the first time I have met anybody from the internet, but it was cool. We got pretty fucked up and closed down the bar. On the second day, me wizzer and the Butcher went and watched Beyond Reanimator on this huge ass screen. We just got fucked up all day and talking to everybody. Found out about Dolls and From Beyond being released from Stuart Gordon himself. Met Dee Wallace, Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Berryman, Reggie Banister, Ashley Lawrence, Tom Atkins, Joe Pilato, Tony Todd, pretty much everybody. It sucks that the convention didn't have that much success, but I'm glad I went!

Last edited by Tawny; 10-31-2004 at 09:55 PM.