|10-26-2004, 03:21 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2000
Rhett's Halloween Top Ten
Rhett's Halloween List 2004
Every Halloween there are hundreds of different horror films to choose from. Whether it is the latest offers at the multiplex or on home video, it is often tough to choose a suitable film list to occupy your time during the horror fan’s holiday. This is made all the more complicated by the horror blitz that most studios usher in throughout September and October. In order to help you sift through all the clutter, I offer you my personal top ten list of horror films to watch on the holiday. By no means definitive, this is simply a list of the top ten horror films I will be entertaining this October 31st. Enjoy!
"It's a good scream...it's a good scream..."
|10-26-2004, 05:52 AM||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2001
Keep on pimpin Troll 2, rhett! Hopefully more people will check it out and enjoy
"Common sense turns me on"
|10-26-2004, 07:07 AM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
I never thought I would see a Troll movie make any Halloween Top 10 list.
You have some eclectic tastes, Rhett. I probably would've had Halloween, Zombie on mine...and maybe Ginger Snaps.
|10-26-2004, 07:41 AM||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Utterson, ON Canada
Here is my own list in no particular order, and just off the top of my head:
The Ring (2002)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974 preferably, but the remake is decent too)
Night of the Demons
The Monster Squad (wishful thinking - it's OOP these days)
... and the grand-daddy of them all - Night of the Living Dead (1968)
|10-26-2004, 03:12 PM||#7|
My list is more similar to frightfan's than rhett's, but to each his own. My personal faves for Halloween would be (in no real order):
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Sleepy Hollow (the animated Disney version)
The Wolf Man (1941)
Blair Witch Project (I know, no need to rip me for this)
|10-26-2004, 04:00 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ira's Toys store
Here Is My Top Ten
10.night Of The Demons
8.night Of The Living Dead 68
7.halloween 6 Producer's Cut
6.texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003
5.texas Chainsaw Massacre 1973
4.c.h.u.d. Ii Bud The Chud
3.nightmare On Elm Street
|10-26-2004, 04:10 PM||#9|
Hear Our Satan Prayer
Join Date: Jun 2004
9. Lost Boys
8. Dawn of the Dead (orig.)
7. Cat People (1942)--for a little class. And where the heck is this DVD?
6. Ginger Snaps
4. Day of the Dead
3. Army of Darkness--for a little crass
2. The Monster Squad--Again, where is the DVD? Would have been a great Halloween release.
1. Evil Dead 2. Perfect mix of horror and humor to watch before I go out that night. I alwasy end that film in a good mood.
Great lists so far.
|10-26-2004, 05:09 PM||#10|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: locked in my room with tons of horror dvds
Well, off the top of my head, my list would probably be:
1. Halloween/Halloween 2-It's just not halloween without Michael Myers. I know this is cheating but how can you watch Halloween, without following it with part 2?
2. A Nightmare On Elm Street-Nothing like Freddy Kreuger dragging girls up walls and making blood fountains out of beds to get me in the holiday spirit. "Whatever you do, don't fall asleep!"
3. Friday The 13th Part 6-I had to include Jason, and this is my personal favorite of the sequels.
4. The Shining-Nothing beats The Shining when it comes to mood and suspense. "Wendy, give me the bat, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just going to bash your brains in, I'm going to bash 'em right the fuck in!"
5. The Exorcist-Freaky as all hell, and with great performances, this movie gets to me, and I'm not even a religious man. "The power of Christ compels you!"
6. Event Horizon-This is a personal favorite, that I think has one of the coolest depictions of Hell ever in film.
7. Hellraiser/Hellraiser 2-Speaking of cool depictions of Hell, they don't come much cooler than these two. I know, I'm cheating again, but I couldn't pick the one I like more. "We have eternity, to know your flesh!"
8. Re-Animator-Another of my favorite gore comedies, and how can you not love the scene where Barbara Crampton gets pleasured by the decpaitated head of John Kerry, oops, I mean David Gale.
9. Return Of The Living Dead- One of my favorite gore comedies, and is tied with Shaun Of The Dead as my favorite zombie comedy. "Brainnnsssss!"
10. Creepshow 2-The Raft is my personal favorite story of both movies, and I also love the Hitchhiker. I love that idiot who decides to try to get laid in the middle of a life threatening situation, and costs the girl her life, and later when that same idiot gets away and then taunts the monster, and that costs him HIS life. What a dumbass. "Thanks for the ride lady!"
Last edited by horror addict; 10-26-2004 at 05:18 PM.
|10-26-2004, 05:48 PM||#11|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Heres mine in no order.
1. maniac: I love this movie and any chance i get to see it i go for it.
2. Dawn of the dead: Ive been saving the extended edition on the UE for halloween night.
3. Creature from the black lagoon: Great movie and i just got the legacy col. plus its been awhile since i saw this.
4. The Thing(remake): ive watched this every halloween i can remember and who am i to break a tradition.
5. Psycho: R.I.P. Janet Lee.
6. Deep Red: well i have to have an Argento flick on the list plus its been awhile since i saw this last.
7. The Beyond: Fulci rocks enough said.
8. The wicker man: Christopher Lee´s greatest performance in my opinion.
9. Re-animator: Fun movie great DVD what more could you ask for.
10. Halloween: The title says it all.
|10-26-2004, 06:03 PM||#13|
Citadel of Chaos
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Fighting Fantasy
1. Night of the Living Dead - I've come to realise it is the best horror film of all time.
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula
3. Halloween 4
4. Shaun of the Dead - these dudes know their genre to a fucking T!
5. Sleepy Hollow
6. Freddy vs. Jason - two birds with one stone
7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre'03 - debated over which version but went with the new one to spite the haters
8. Dawn of the Dead'04 - see comments for TCM
9. Messiah of Evil - still waiting for it to be properly released on DVD!!!
10. Ed Wood - To lighten things up