MisterTwister
HackMaster

I thought it was pretty awesome.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #212
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
what so not any of the we are going to get you song is in the movie??????
Nope.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #213
soxfan666
Maniac

Just got back and I really enjoyed it. Everyone needs to get out and support this so we can avoid the watered down crap that comes out each weekend. I didn't find the acting to be awful and dialogue was fine for a horror flick. I thought it was well shot and had a great presentation. Pacing wise it was great and perfect at an hour and a half.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #214
fceurich39
HackMaster

seen it and like it very cool film also the Blu-ray has a early date for july 16th 2013 from dvdaf/filmaf page I just hope it will get the unrated/nc-17 cut most movies these days says it will when it comes to Blu-ray but doesn't.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #215
russweiss
Maniac

Didn't think it was a bad film but couldn't help but be a little disappointed. maybe if I watch it again I won't have to compare it to the original.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #216
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Just got back from the theater and thought it was alright. The beginning of the film is marred by some terrible exposition, but once people start getting possessed things really pick up. One thing that was strange was the sudden shift in tone from the original film to something more like Evil Dead 2. Once we were in ED2 territory, I was fine with it, but it was not a smooth transition at all. I also have to say the clip at the end of credits was awful. Just lip service to get fans excited. So overall this wasn't bad like most recent remakes have been, but it also isn't the revelation a lot of people are making it out to be.
fattyjoe37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #217
maybrick
HackMaster

I didn't like it much at all. It was pretty much a compendium of what I dislike about modern horror films. Pointless opening background sequence and flashback shots, lame boss battle at the end, etc. If you're only into gore I guess that I'd recommend it but otherwise I found the whole thing dull, dull, dull. I know that there was a post credits coda but I couldn't be bothered to stick around to see what it was. So if anybody wants to put it in spoiler tags for me, feel free.
maybrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #218
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
I didn't like it much at all. It was pretty much a compendium of what I dislike about modern horror films. Pointless opening background sequence and flashback shots, lame boss battle at the end, etc. If you're only into gore I guess that I'd recommend it but otherwise I found the whole thing dull, dull, dull. I know that there was a post credits coda but I couldn't be bothered to stick around to see what it was. So if anybody wants to put it in spoiler tags for me, feel free.
Well, 95% of all horror classics were bashed when first released...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #219
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Well, 95% of all horror classics were bashed when first released...
There's also books and movies that were 95% praised in their heyday only to eventually be banished to the dustbins of history. So far this remake seems almost universally praised. I don't get it, but whatever. You guys can have it.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #220
Paul0889
Maniac

i loved it, i'd give it an 8/10. sure it had moments here and there that could've been improved upon, but for what it is, it's super fun. the issues i had with it were the post end credits scene...just stupid. and also, it feels way more like a sequel than a remake. i couldn't help but feel that maybe it was intended to be a sequel and they just decided to call it a remake to see if people are even still interested in evil dead anymore before actually going out to make a TRUE sequel, because throughout the film there are just way too many nods to the original series.
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #221
maybrick
HackMaster

If you haven't seen the movie already then you shouldn't even be reading this thread. That said, prepared for obvious spoilers.

1) Your daughter turns into a deadite, so naturally you need to kill her. But first you club her over the head, drag her into a basement of a cabin out in the middle of the woods (owned by somebody that you don't know) and then tie her to a support beam and set her on fire with you and everybody else down there at the same time? I don't get it. Wouldn't it make more sense to, oh, I don't know, do it out in the open where you won't asphyxiate/and or burn to death with her?

2) You take care to wrap the Necronomicon in plastic and barbwire as some sort of protective measure, but then leave it out in the open for anybody to see? As if nobody is ever going to notice the smell of the hanging dead cats from the ceiling?

3) Which leads to this: I have one dead mouse in the wall and I can smell it for days. You have a basement full of dead things hanging from the ceiling, not to mention blood on the floor under the rug, and only the crazy chick going through withdrawal can smell it? While in the basement you can see light through the floor boards for fuck's sake!

4) Why the hell do we need to see split second flashbacks of the girl burning at the beginning of the movie when the one guy touches the burnt support beam? Or when Mia bashes in the dog's head? Were these studio imposed just in case the average viewer might not "get it"?

5) During the Boss fight at the end, Boss picks up a car. Okay. I can buy that. But if Boss is so strong, why does it take so freaking long to pull itself around the car using the same goddamn upper body strength used to topple a freaking vehicle??? Riddle Me This, Batman!!

6) Mia loses her hand but make absolutely no attempt to cauterize the stump in the flames aplenty. I guess that when you defeat the ultimate evil, having a full 6 quart blood supply loses it's charm.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen far worse films. But I just don't get the love unless it's all about the gore. Is it ALL just because of the gore?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #222
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
If you haven't seen the movie already then you shouldn't even be reading this thread. That said, prepared for obvious spoilers.

1) Your daughter turns into a deadite, so naturally you need to kill her. But first you club her over the head, drag her into a basement of a cabin out in the middle of the woods (owned by somebody that you don't know) and then tie her to a support beam and set her on fire with you and everybody else down there at the same time? I don't get it. Wouldn't it make more sense to, oh, I don't know, do it out in the open where you won't asphyxiate/and or burn to death with her?

2) You take care to wrap the Necronomicon in plastic and barbwire as some sort of protective measure, but then leave it out in the open for anybody to see? As if nobody is ever going to notice the smell of the hanging dead cats from the ceiling?

3) Which leads to this: I have one dead mouse in the wall and I can smell it for days. You have a basement full of dead things hanging from the ceiling, not to mention blood on the floor under the rug, and only the crazy chick going through withdrawal can smell it? While in the basement you can see light through the floor boards for fuck's sake!

4) Why the hell do we need to see split second flashbacks of the girl burning at the beginning of the movie when the one guy touches the burnt support beam? Or when Mia bashes in the dog's head? Were these studio imposed just in case the average viewer might not "get it"?

5) During the Boss fight at the end, Boss picks up a car. Okay. I can buy that. But if Boss is so strong, why does it take so freaking long to pull itself around the car using the same goddamn upper body strength used to topple a freaking vehicle??? Riddle Me This, Batman!!

6) Mia loses her hand but make absolutely no attempt to cauterize the stump in the flames aplenty. I guess that when you defeat the ultimate evil, having a full 6 quart blood supply loses it's charm.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen far worse films. But I just don't get the love unless it's all about the gore. Is it ALL just because of the gore?
Everything you said is reasonable but at the same time it sounds like you are nit picking plot points that in the grand scheme of things aren't that important to this type of film.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #223
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Everything you said is reasonable but at the same time it sounds like you are nit picking plot points that in the grand scheme of things aren't that important to this type of film.
Bullshit. They're not unimportant to this kind of film. They're unimportant to you. Big difference. I refuse to believe that "this" kind of film shouldn't be treated any differently than "that" kind of film. The filmmakers took great pains to make sure that this version of The Evil Dead be treated seriously, so I'm going to treat it seriously. Had they chosen to make it another Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness, then yeah sure I could overlook these problems. But they didn't. They attempted to make it pretty much as deadpan serious as you could get nowadays. The only humour you can really derive from the movie is mostly due bad scriptwriting, not because of intentional hilarity. In the theater people were laughing at (not "with", AT) the deadites whenever they talked. Nothing coming out of their mouths was funny OR scary, it was just... embarrassing.

So that's my ultimate take on the movie: It wasn't scary. It wasn't funny. It really wasn't much of anything and after an hour had past I was actively rooting for it to end. Not exactly the mindframe I went in with, but there you go. Glad you all had a good time with it and I hope it stands the test of time for you. I have the sneaking suspicion that it won't.

Last edited by maybrick; 04-07-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #224
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Just use spoiler tags lemon eyes.
Spoiler:
I know you like it in the ass. (_(_)
You've just convinced me to never use spoil tags ever again.

Honestly, if you haven't seen the movie that a thread is dedicated to, then once that film is released to the general public it's your own fault for opening it up. That's all on you.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #225
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Oh oh cat fight in the making sense so many of you are Bi LOL! \

Sorry I hit a nerve hehee. (_)_) <---
No. Sorry. I know you're trying to. Really, I didn't hate it nearly as my review is letting on. As I said, just don't get the love.

Dobby, this attitude is really unlike you. I don't recall you ever being a troll. Are you high or something?