Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #241
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
By calling it a "too stupid of a film" made for us in mind, you are clearly calling "us" a stupid crowd... grow up and stop offending people.
Say what? You didn't seriously just say that, did you?

I really don't know how to respond to that, because honestly that is positively the stupidest response to me that somebody could possibly make.

I mean really. Do you normally define yourself that strongly with what you watch? With an attitude like that it appears that I'm not the one that needs to mature. What are we, in high school still or something? Sheesh!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #242
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
It was too stupid of a film to actively despise to the depths that you so obviously believe that I do.
Quote:
This remake was made for you in mind, not me.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #243
maybrick
HackMaster

Oh for Pete's sake. There are plenty of films that I like even though I consider them stupid. (for instance, I'm an unapologetic fan of Blair Witch 2!) That doesn't mean that I think that I am stupid. Lighten up.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #244
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

We get it, maybrick. You didn't like the film. All clear.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #245
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Lol well this thread went to shit...
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #246
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Oh for Pete's sake. There are plenty of films that I like even though I consider them stupid. (for instance, I'm an unapologetic fan of Blair Witch 2!) That doesn't mean that I think that I am stupid. Lighten up.
You have to admit that your remarks could of been easily interpreted and condescension. Anyway, who's got the next opinion.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #247
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
You have to admit that your remarks could of been easily interpreted and condescension.
Sorry. I promise next time I'll step on my tippy toes whenever the subject of everybody's precious Evil Dead remake comes up. Never realized that honest criticism regarding certain franchises was so verboten around here. I'll never point out the obvious flaws in this series ever again. I pinky swear it. It was foolish of me to dare doubt the wisdom and splendor of the God Raimi.

Is that condescending enough for ya?

Anyways, It's nice to know that I'm not entirely alone. Peace out.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #248
dave13
HackMaster

saw it today with my wife and sister-in-law. my sister-in-law was reluctant to go, because she thought it looked too scary and gross. but at the end she said she needn't have worried, she didn't find it scary or gross. so...yeah. to be honest, most of the crowd i saw it with was laughing at it for the last half of the picture. i was too, although i did enjoy certain aspects of it. the production design, the cinematography, i liked. those parts were over-the-top in a way that felt like an homage to the original. the gore was fine, although i have to say that nothing in this film was as cringe-inducing as Linda getting the pencil in the ankle in the original. the more outlandish gore scenes didn't really get to me, but i did find the
Spoiler:
machete going through the wall and slicing Mia's arms and legs
to be pretty effective. i enjoyed the conclusion, from the time that the brother character
Spoiler:
buries his sister
onwards. it sure didn't make much sense, but it had a certain manic energy that reminded me of old-school Raimi, and it culminated in a pretty great scene when
Spoiler:
Mia chainsaws the demon's face in half.
That part was pretty great.

but damn, the dialogue was horrendous. when glasses guy says "Of course I'm not sure, it's not a science book!!" the entire audience was howling.

The scene after the credits was a nice touch.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #249
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I really loved it. I was lucky to see it at my local movie theater for $5.00, because Friday morning, the first showing, before 4:00 PM was only $5.00 for 2D and 3D is $8.50, instead of $10.00 and $14.50. They lowered their prices only for the first showing each day, to drum up business during that time, but that is when I will be going to see movies from now on, including Star Trek Into Darkness. I stayed for the entire credits, and I loved the very end of the credits.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #250
Fistfuck
Helloooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
I really loved it. I was lucky to see it at my local movie theater for $5.00, because Friday morning, the first showing, before 4:00 PM was only $5.00 for 2D and 3D is $8.50, instead of $10.00 and $14.50. They lowered their prices only for the first showing each day, to drum up business during that time, but that is when I will be going to see movies from now on, including Star Trek Into Darkness. I stayed for the entire credits, and I loved the very end of the credits.
You tell such great stories...

-Paff
Fistfuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #251
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Well, Thank you Fistfuck. I want to thank Dickinson Eastglen 16 theater in Lee's Summit, for letting me know that it was going down in price. I was up there Thursday Morning to purchase my ticket for Friday Morning, and they are the only theater I go to, because they are only a few miles from me.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #252
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
The scene after the credits was a nice touch.
Completely disagree. Not groovy. I thought that post-credits cameo completely shit on the original Evil Dead franchise. What the hell were they thinking?

I caught this Thursday night. It sucked. No character development to make you give a damn about anything that happened to anyone other than the "leads", and that was nothing more than to let you know that's what they were. It's biggest strength - it's no-nonsense go-for-broke attitude - is also it's biggest weakness because if that's to work you need to at least care about what is happening. The only real positive I can say is great score, but it even featured homages to other works such as Gremlins.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #253
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

The fan division in this thread will cause the very fabric of Horrordigi to collapse!

(But really, it's fascinating to read the disparate reactions. Keep 'em coming.)
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #254
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Completely disagree. Not groovy. I thought that post-credits cameo completely shit on the original Evil Dead franchise. What the hell were they thinking?
haha ok, well we'll agree to disagree. do you mean you're offended by the suggestion that there's a link between the original and the remake? or that the end-credits scene gives the original creators' blessing to the remake? if you really despised the remake, i guess i can understand that. but its not like its a surprise. i mean, Raimi, Campbell, and Tapert are quite prominent in their producing capacity in the credits and advertisements and promotion, etc. they're on board with the remake, like it or not. so i dug it (the end scene). the conclusion of the film, like i said, left me with a slightly less sour taste in my mouth than i expected to have for the first 75 minutes or so. that, and the Professor Knowby audio over the end credits had me in a forgiving mood. i don't hate this remake. it was dumb as a rock, and not in a very good way, but i can't hate its very existence like i do with something like the Nightmare on Elm St. remake. I can't say i expect to ever watch this one again, but I feel like it had enough good intentions to get a pass.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #255
Ash28M
HackMaster

One thing is for sure. I thought it was leeps and bounds better then Chainsaw Massacre 3D.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote