Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4ah2
Takashi Miike should direct the remake.

Now that I'd go see!
ED4 sounds like a bad idea but I'm sure I'll end up going. It would pretty much blow both endings of Army of Darkness though. Maybe they'll incorporate Bubba Ho-Tep by having the ED coming for Ash in a retirement home.
Funny how many times Sam and Bruce have denied this ever having a chance to happen. I'm still skepitcal as to if it is true.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #17
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver99
Quick! Somebody tell Bruce Campbell to lose 40 pounds and get his hair dyed. This could be his big break into stardom.
Yeah no shit....

I have no faith in Raimi as a film maker.....pretty much since two minutes after Evil Dead. For me everything after the first ED has either no staying power or no value as a film what so ever (The Gift, Spiderman)
Old 02-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #18
Alan Smithee
Stalker

Wonder what made them want to do Evil Dead 4 after all these years. I'll definitely be seeing this. Hopefully they go the ED2 route instead of the AOD route (I like AOD, I would just prefer that ED4 be a little more horror than comedy).

I'll wait until I hear a little more about the remake before I make a judgment.
Alan Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #19
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead Guy
I too will be seeing Evil Dead 4 and cannot wait to see Bruce Campbell as Ash once again, don't care for the remake though ( Bloody remakes! ). One question at the end of Army of Darkness which two endings will Sam Raimi follow on, the one at the Hardware store or the one that Ash is in an apocalypse future.
good question i think the apocalyse future ending would be better and also that is sam raimi and bruce campbell's favorite i hope that one but if it is the hardware ending then that is okay as well
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #20
napalm68

Fuck yeah, bring on the Bruce. So long as the fucker ain't PG13
Old 02-04-2005, 10:28 PM   #21
krugerkid13

hes really trying to make as much money as he can
Old 02-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #22
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

I was wondering which ending he would use myself persona;;y I think he'll go for the kick ass US ending Hail to the King Baby.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #23
bwana the clown
Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dead Guy
One question at the end of Army of Darkness which two endings will Sam Raimi follow on, the one at the Hardware store or the one that Ash is in an apocalypse future.
Hopefully the Hardware store, but even better, ignore AOD (and the end of ED2) all together!

As for the remake, I've given up caring. They can make an unecessary remake if that's what tickles their pickle - no skin off my nose. Nobody's forcing me to see it and we'll always have the kick-ass original!

Visit us on Facebook
bwana the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #24
tobaccoman
White, Proud, and Stupid

I read somewhere about a graphic novel where Ash doesn't drink enough of the serum and ends up showing up before the events at the cabin and is forced to stop himself from making the same mistakes as he did in the other films. That could pose an interesting story for a fourth film.
tobaccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #25
walkingdude
Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39
evil dead 4 is gonna rock now i am not even gonna see the remake
Yes you are.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #26
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobaccoman
I read somewhere about a graphic novel where Ash doesn't drink enough of the serum and ends up showing up before the events at the cabin and is forced to stop himself from making the same mistakes as he did in the other films. That could pose an interesting story for a fourth film.
You might be thinking of Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes, which, while a mixed bag, is still a fun read.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #27
Dave
Pimp

I'm skeptical about this too; I question whether Part 4 will happen. Bruce always said it wouldn't happen, but I know Bruce will follow a paycheck anywhere, so it's mostly up to Raimi.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Even the remake - the effects are very dated in the original. Sure, that's part of the charm, but a remake could be kick ass.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #28
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I am so excited to see Evil Dead 4 finally being made. For the ending, go with the S-Mart ending, instead of the Apocalypse ending, where Ash takes one too many drops, and goes forward 100 more years. I will be the first person in line to go see ED 4. I will probably see the remake, as long as it is at least rated R. PG-13, DEFINITELY NOT.
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #29
Cujo108

I would much rather Raimi follow the apocalyptic ending for a fourth film. Ash fighting deadites in a ruined future would rule, and I always preferred that ending to the S-Mart one. Still, I'm definitely not convinced the fourth film will even happen. Hope it does though.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:12 AM   #30
moogong
Arte Suave

The sequel sounds good but I will have a hard time believing it will actually happen until after I have seen it in the theaters.
As for the remake...no biggie. I dont have to see it.