Originally Posted by mok View Post
apparently the remake of army of darkness flew under our radar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7rrjwjcucw
lol
Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #317
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

This so so awesome.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #318
fceurich39
HackMaster

bestbuy store exclusive has a 25 minute doc on bruce Campbell on the remake!but dunno if walmart will have a store exclusive or not???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #319
othervoice1
HackMaster

So did anywhere confirm if this was going to just the theatrical cut being released everywhere or if an uncut version would be available?
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #320
HoldenMcNeil
Stalker

The VOD release on the Playstation 3 is the theatrical cut. So I would assume thats whats being released everywhere.

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

37!!!

You Mean the Movie Lied!?
HoldenMcNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #321
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Which I had known that Best Buy had an exclusive 25 minute documentary of Bruce Campbell. Oh well. I already preordered it on July 2nd through Target, because they had an exclusive steel case, and had it shipped UPS 2nd day Air, and it will be delivered today. Just checked tracking, and it left the Lenexa, KS location at 4:30 this morning, Central Time. Can't wait.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #322
hots4
Stalker

The BBFC still only has the 'theatrical cut' noted, so it seems the first release with be theatrical only, but as they have noted it as the 'theatrical cut' suggests the uncut version will be put up for certification at some point, when however is anybody's guess.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #323
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

If and when the Uncut version comes out, I will be double dipping.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #324
Mok
Family is Forever

Some info on the next one:
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/fede-a...il-dead-sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalfil.com
Fede Alvarez talks Evil Dead sequel
Compares it to Back To The Future 2
Jul 16th 2013 By George Wales

With his Evil Dead remake soon to hit home-entertainment centres the world over, director Fede Alvarez has been talking about plans for the inevitable sequel.

“We’re discussing,” says Alvarez. “We’re still talking with Sam [Raimi] about it and trying to figure out what we should do. Maybe because I’m a child of the 80’s, but for me a sequel is a story that follows the previous one.”

“Sometimes if you haven’t seen the original then you don’t understand the second one. Like Back To The Future 2. If you haven’t seen the first one, you’re not going to get anything out of Back To The Future 2.”

“So that’s kind of my ideal sequel – a movie that continues the story, takes one character and moves on, and moves forward with that character that survived with the first one. That’s what I want to do.”

An admirable ambition then, but not one that generally goes over well with studios obsessed with audience inclusivity.

“The reality of the industry today is that the sequel is just the same concept, but with a new bunch of characters,” laments Alvarez. “That’s the reality of Final Destination or Saw. Generally it’s a new bunch of characters and you play with the same concept again.”

“But I don’t think, personally, we should just get a new bunch of kids and throw them in the cabin and open the book again. So we’re just going back and forth about what is the reality of the market and what kind of film should we do.”

So long as there’s room for a brief Bruce Campbell appearance, we’ll be happy…
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #325
rhett

Was with Alvarez until he brought up the SAW sequels. Not even the eighties sequels he pedestals have the kind of insular complexity that the SAW sequels do. Many recurring characters, an incredibly tangled and backward-looking plot, if anything SAWs 4-7 are the antithesis of the current movement of these "same concept" sequels. And his argument that it's just "a new bunch of characters" is itself ignoring the central conceit of horror films - your cast generally dies. Look at the turnover in the Friday and Elm Street sequels or his own movie...not too many emerging alive.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #326
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
"But I don’t think, personally, we should just get a new bunch of kids and throw them in the cabin and open the book again."
wait a minute, isn't that exactly what he just did with the remake?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #327
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Was with Alvarez until he brought up the SAW sequels. Not even the eighties sequels he pedestals have the kind of insular complexity that the SAW sequels do. Many recurring characters, an incredibly tangled and backward-looking plot, if anything SAWs 4-7 are the antithesis of the current movement of these "same concept" sequels. And his argument that it's just "a new bunch of characters" is itself ignoring the central conceit of horror films - your cast generally dies. Look at the turnover in the Friday and Elm Street sequels or his own movie...not too many emerging alive.
Insidious 2 is also returning with the same cast and is a continuation of the story. I'm sure there are others but I haven't really been keeping up with the Hollywood horror films as of late. If he is so concerned, do what the '80s did and give a brief recap to please the "studios". Although, who goes to see a sequel without seeing the original? I'm sure some do but surely not the majority. Also, outside of the horror genre, do studios worry about people understanding the sequels to other films? Do people walk out of Legally Blonde 2 or Terminator 4 or Iron Man 3 - scratching their heads?

After part 1 though, I really have no interest in his part 2.

Last edited by deepred; 07-16-2013 at 05:44 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #328
othervoice1
HackMaster

So does anyone know what was actually cut out of the movie to get the R rating? I did a quick look through this thread but didn't see anything and haven't found anything via google search except an alternate ending. I think I will pick up the steelbook from target and if an unrated cut comes out and sounds like it adds much to the movie I might double dip.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #329
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

There's a different article on bruce-campbell.com, with Fede Alvarez, that also talks about the Evil Dead 2 sequel, and it mentions more than this article above about the sequel.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #330
othervoice1
HackMaster

I stopped by Target today and picked up my steelbook - they only had two in the store I went to- the rest were the normal packaging.