Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #406
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Spider-Man 2 is a great superhero movie, buoyed a bit by a script co-written by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon.

Bruce also dispelled this rumor when he was in Seattle.

edit: or, he called it "internet bullshit" but didn't OUTRIGHT say "No, never never never never never."
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.

Last edited by Workshed; 11-07-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #407
maybrick
HackMaster

Whenever somebody releases a new sequel or record album after decades have past, it almost never lives up to expectations. The only time I can remember that actually working was when Radio Birdman released a kick ass album after 30 years. You just can't usually go back home again.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #408
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Whenever somebody releases a new sequel or record album after decades have past, it almost never lives up to expectations. The only time I can remember that actually working was when Radio Birdman released a kick ass album after 30 years. You just can't usually go back home again.
What about The Phantom Menace?
Old 11-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #409
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Like someone commented over on that page, Bruce says it's "internet bullshit" yet the rumor started from one of his own quotes.

Also, hasn't the dude who directed the remake mentioned that an AOD sequel is in fact being worked on while he is working on a sequel to the remake? I find it odd that he'd just make that up.
Bruce made a couple of statements and then Fede Alvarez made a supporting statement, a statement that was correcting other misconceptions that he wasn't doing ED2.

I think the take away from this is that AoD2 is closer now than we've been for many years, but that doesn't mean cameras are about to roll either. Keeping things down low is the name of the game. We learned a few years ago that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was a lot closer than even originally speculated; when at the time it sounded more like a fan pipe dream than anything else. I wouldn't dismiss the original statements too easily, what we're hearing now is simply damage control.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #410
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Bruce made a couple of statements and then Fede Alvarez made a supporting statement, a statement that was correcting other misconceptions that he wasn't doing ED2.

I think the take away from this is that AoD2 is closer now than we've been for many years, but that doesn't mean cameras are about to roll either. Keeping things down low is the name of the game. We learned a few years ago that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was a lot closer than even originally speculated; when at the time it sounded more like a fan pipe dream than anything else. I wouldn't dismiss the original statements too easily, what we're hearing now is simply damage control.
I know Bruce has said things in the past and likes to be cruel to the fans by giving them false hope and then shutting them down; but like you say, it seems this is in fact a step closer to being reality.

I think the fact that the remake was received well by most is a good sign that there likely will be more Evil Dead, both original and new.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #411
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
I think the fact that the remake was received well by most is a good sign that there likely will be more Evil Dead, both original and new.
The Dawn of the Dead remake was even better received, but we're still waiting for a sequel to that one. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #412
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
The Dawn of the Dead remake was even better received, but we're still waiting for a sequel to that one. I wouldn't hold my breath.
The Day of the Dead remake?
Old 11-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #413
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
The Day of the Dead remake?
That wasn't a sequel. They don't have a single production company or distributor in common.

Last edited by maybrick; 11-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #414
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
That wasn't a sequel. They don't have a single production company or distributor in common.
So? The original Day was a sequel to Dawn.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #415
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
So? The original Day was a sequel to Dawn.
"So"? So what? Do I really need to waste my morning listing the myriad of ways in which the Day of the Dead remake is NOT a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? Because I will if I really need to. Seriously, use your head, dude.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #416
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
"So"? So what? Do I really need to waste my morning listing the myriad of ways in which the Day of the Dead remake is NOT a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? Because I will if I really need to. Seriously, use your head, dude.
Waste your morning how you like
Old 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #417
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
And let's not forget Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. On second though, let's all try to forget that one.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #418
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Waste your morning how you like
So what you are saying is that you would accept an Evil Dead sequel that is distributed by a different studio, by a different film crew and a different producer, different director, different writer, different cast (with sole exception of one guy in another role) and a different storyline just because it has a title in common?

Gotcha.

With that logic, you may as well say that Return of the Evil Dead is a prequel.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #419
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
And let's not forget Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. On second though, let's all try to forget that one.
I actually did! Thanks a lot for the reminder.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #420
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
So what you are saying is that you would accept an Evil Dead sequel that is distributed by a different studio, by a different film crew and a different producer, different director, different writer, different cast (with sole exception of one guy in another role) and a different storyline just because it has a title in common?

Gotcha.

With that logic, you may as well say that Return of the Evil Dead is a prequel.
I sure would accept that (apart from your comment about Return which has nothing to do with Evil Dead). I'm glad we can see eye to eye on something and that you value my opinion.