Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #406
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.
 
Workshed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,706
Spider-Man 2 is a great superhero movie, buoyed a bit by a script co-written by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon.

Bruce also dispelled this rumor when he was in Seattle.

edit: or, he called it "internet bullshit" but didn't OUTRIGHT say "No, never never never never never."
__________________
*Films watched in: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.

Last edited by Workshed; 11-07-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #407
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Whenever somebody releases a new sequel or record album after decades have past, it almost never lives up to expectations. The only time I can remember that actually working was when Radio Birdman released a kick ass album after 30 years. You just can't usually go back home again.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #408
buck135
The Duke of New York
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Bruges
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Whenever somebody releases a new sequel or record album after decades have past, it almost never lives up to expectations. The only time I can remember that actually working was when Radio Birdman released a kick ass album after 30 years. You just can't usually go back home again.
What about The Phantom Menace?
__________________
"Do you read Sutter Cane?"
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #409
X-human
I ate my keys
 
X-human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Like someone commented over on that page, Bruce says it's "internet bullshit" yet the rumor started from one of his own quotes.

Also, hasn't the dude who directed the remake mentioned that an AOD sequel is in fact being worked on while he is working on a sequel to the remake? I find it odd that he'd just make that up.
Bruce made a couple of statements and then Fede Alvarez made a supporting statement, a statement that was correcting other misconceptions that he wasn't doing ED2.

I think the take away from this is that AoD2 is closer now than we've been for many years, but that doesn't mean cameras are about to roll either. Keeping things down low is the name of the game. We learned a few years ago that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was a lot closer than even originally speculated; when at the time it sounded more like a fan pipe dream than anything else. I wouldn't dismiss the original statements too easily, what we're hearing now is simply damage control.
__________________
The combined weight of the horrors I have authored wrought would crush your carbon hearts into perfect diamonds of terror!

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #410
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Bruce made a couple of statements and then Fede Alvarez made a supporting statement, a statement that was correcting other misconceptions that he wasn't doing ED2.

I think the take away from this is that AoD2 is closer now than we've been for many years, but that doesn't mean cameras are about to roll either. Keeping things down low is the name of the game. We learned a few years ago that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was a lot closer than even originally speculated; when at the time it sounded more like a fan pipe dream than anything else. I wouldn't dismiss the original statements too easily, what we're hearing now is simply damage control.
I know Bruce has said things in the past and likes to be cruel to the fans by giving them false hope and then shutting them down; but like you say, it seems this is in fact a step closer to being reality.

I think the fact that the remake was received well by most is a good sign that there likely will be more Evil Dead, both original and new.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #411
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I think the fact that the remake was received well by most is a good sign that there likely will be more Evil Dead, both original and new.
The Dawn of the Dead remake was even better received, but we're still waiting for a sequel to that one. I wouldn't hold my breath.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #412
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
The Dawn of the Dead remake was even better received, but we're still waiting for a sequel to that one. I wouldn't hold my breath.
The Day of the Dead remake?
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #413
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
The Day of the Dead remake?
That wasn't a sequel. They don't have a single production company or distributor in common.

Last edited by maybrick; 11-07-2013 at 03:31 PM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #414
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
That wasn't a sequel. They don't have a single production company or distributor in common.
So? The original Day was a sequel to Dawn.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #415
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
So? The original Day was a sequel to Dawn.
"So"? So what? Do I really need to waste my morning listing the myriad of ways in which the Day of the Dead remake is NOT a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? Because I will if I really need to. Seriously, use your head, dude.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #416
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
"So"? So what? Do I really need to waste my morning listing the myriad of ways in which the Day of the Dead remake is NOT a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? Because I will if I really need to. Seriously, use your head, dude.
Waste your morning how you like
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #417
buck135
The Duke of New York
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Bruges
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
"So"? So what? Do I really need to waste my morning listing the myriad of ways in which the Day of the Dead remake is NOT a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? Because I will if I really need to. Seriously, use your head, dude.
And let's not forget Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. On second though, let's all try to forget that one.
__________________
"Do you read Sutter Cane?"
buck135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #418
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Waste your morning how you like
So what you are saying is that you would accept an Evil Dead sequel that is distributed by a different studio, by a different film crew and a different producer, different director, different writer, different cast (with sole exception of one guy in another role) and a different storyline just because it has a title in common?

Gotcha.

With that logic, you may as well say that Return of the Evil Dead is a prequel.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #419
maybrick
HackMaster
 
maybrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Keene, NH
Posts: 9,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
And let's not forget Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. On second though, let's all try to forget that one.
I actually did! Thanks a lot for the reminder.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #420
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
So what you are saying is that you would accept an Evil Dead sequel that is distributed by a different studio, by a different film crew and a different producer, different director, different writer, different cast (with sole exception of one guy in another role) and a different storyline just because it has a title in common?

Gotcha.

With that logic, you may as well say that Return of the Evil Dead is a prequel.
I sure would accept that (apart from your comment about Return which has nothing to do with Evil Dead). I'm glad we can see eye to eye on something and that you value my opinion.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com