The Duke of New York

More "proof?"

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25298
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #48
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

I want to believe, but:

Quote:
Update #3: On the unverified Twitter for Bruce Campbell he (supposedly) writes "@TheMike31 Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell." If this truly is Mr. Campbell, it looks like the remake is happening...
that doesn't sound like Bruce Campbell.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #49
Damage
Mirror Mirror

Does anyone else giggle like a schoolgirl in excitement at the thought of a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie?? It'll never happen but if the right people got involved with the right direction in mind, it could be the most fun horror fans have had in years. If only...
"May I point out that I had an opportunity to observe your counterparts here quite closely. They were brutal, savage, unprincipled, uncivilized, treacherous -- in every way, splendid examples of homo sapiens, the very flower of humanity. I found them quite refreshing."
My DVD List and Movie Tracker... Like you care!
Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #50
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
I want to believe, but:

that doesn't sound like Bruce Campbell.
I keep trying to picture Bruce saying the word "dawg". It just isn't working.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #51
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
I keep trying to picture Bruce saying the word "dawg". It just isn't working.
I can almost hear it, but it is a reach.
When I met him at a signing I said something like "you're the man" which he quickly reveresed to "no, you the man". Not really the same, but not entirely different. I could see him digging out a "dawg" depending on mood and shit he's recently seen.

I still refuse to believe. I could be sitting in a fucking theater with a ticket I bought for ED4 and won't believe it until the film rolls at this point!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #52
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage View Post
Does anyone else giggle like a schoolgirl in excitement at the thought of a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie?? It'll never happen but if the right people got involved with the right direction in mind, it could be the most fun horror fans have had in years. If only...
not me, man. after recently watching the friday and nightmare series over again, reading crystal lake memories, and watching never sleep again, i'm fairly convinced that as much as i hate the final product, there was never any possibility of a Freddy vs. Jason film being even remotely good. As an idea, it was never going to work. i think the same goes even more so when you try to add Ash into the mix. I can't imagine a single way in which this could be a good movie.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #53
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

even the FvJvA comic was bad. It's a fun idea but I don't think it works when you try to put it on paper.

"And then Ash says a one-liner, and then Freddy says a one-liner, and then Jason is silent! Explosions!"
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #54
soxfan666
Maniac

I wish Sam were to direct
Old 07-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #55
DeathDealer
I Inhale Horror

ED4 = Great news after such a long and teasing hiatus. Remake = Unnecessary.

My Dvd CollectioN

Top 6 Directors Of All Time (No Order) -

1. Quentin Tarantino (America) 2. Dario Argento (Italy) 3. Takashi Miike (Japan)
Ingmar Bergman (Sweden) 5. Akira Kurosawa (Japan) 6. Martin Scorsese (America)
DeathDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #56
SaxCatz
Maniac

Why all the negative comments about a possible remake?
While I am not a big proponent of remakes & by no means think that a masterpiece such as Evil Dead should be remade, lets admit that the film has ALREADY been remade twice in the introductions to both Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness. Undoubtedly, a third sequel would result in a third remake. The only question is whether the remake comprises the entire film or just the introduction.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #57
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxCatz View Post
Why all the negative comments about a possible remake?
While I am not a big proponent of remakes & by no means think that a masterpiece such as Evil Dead should be remade, lets admit that the film has ALREADY been remade twice in the introductions to both Evil Dead 2 & Army of Darkness. Undoubtedly, a third sequel would result in a third remake. The only question is whether the remake comprises the entire film or just the introduction.
Given that the Evil Dead revolves around The Necronomicon I see no reason to do a straight remake. Put the book in a different scenario (a library or museum perhaps?) and feature different characters and the end result is going to be more or less the same: The deadites come back, possess each character one by one and then proceed to fuck with the last remaining survivor. It would serve to be both a sequel AND a reboot. Is there any real reason to name that person "Ash"? Not really, because we all know that Bruce Campbell is Ash. Accept no substitutes.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #58
Chunkblower
Stalker

Sequel or remake, not looking forward to it either way.
Chunkblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #59
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Given that the Evil Dead revolves around The Necronomicon I see no reason to do a straight remake. Put the book in a different scenario (a library or museum perhaps?) and feature different characters and the end result is going to be more or less the same: The deadites come back, possess each character one by one and then proceed to fuck with the last remaining survivor. It would serve to be both a sequel AND a reboot. Is there any real reason to name that person "Ash"? Not really, because we all know that Bruce Campbell is Ash. Accept no substitutes.
I like the museum/library idea.
Maybe the damn book has become indestructable, and Ash (as in Bruce) wants to keep an eye on it working as a guard (Dick Miller cameo style). Of course some kids break in during Ashs coffie break, and accidentally unleases hell. And in the last 15-20 minutes Ash would pop up a bit drunk and pissed off, and kick some demon ass, old school style, and saves the day, again. ...or something like that
Old 07-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #60
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I'd be all over an Evil Dead 4 with Bruce, but a remake? Jesus Christ, enough already! Hasn't it been done already? Evil Dead II is basically a remake of the first one anyway. No Bruce, no sale. Pass. I have no idea where their going with this. I'm hoping that Raimi isn't stupid enough to think that anyone would accept someone other than Bruce portraying Ash and if you're going in a new direction with a new main character, then don't call it Evil Dead, cause at that point, it isn't. The Evil Dead films are about Ash and Bruce Campbell as Ash. Anything but is NOT an Evil Dead film. What is so hard about making a fourth one? Anyone who would pay to see a remake would just as easily pay to see a fouth film in the series. They're both the same audience. Guess we just have to wait and see how Raimi intends to pull this one off.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 07-13-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Mikey Horror is online now   Reply With Quote