Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #76
soxfan666
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
"hopes are insanely high for this project"

I thought the same thing...My hopes are crashing and burning after reading this.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #77
JGrendel
HackMaster

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna suck?
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #78
Grim
HackMaster

Blegh. Pass. One of the great things about the Evil Dead, in my opinion, was that it went against type and transformed who was basically being groomed for the "final girl" role into the primary antagonist midway through the movie and put a weasely man in her place.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #79
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Blegh. Pass. One of the great things about the Evil Dead, in my opinion, was that it went against type and transformed who was basically being groomed for the "final girl" role into the primary antagonist midway through the movie and put a weasely man in her place.
That was my first thought, but perhaps they mean to expand Cheryl's role. Become possessed and maybe even overcome it like Ash does in ED2.

I'm not too interested in any of it anyways. I haven't bothered with any of the Halloween, TCM, F13 or NoES remakes either.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #80
Erg0n
My Baby Picture

another box set to buy
Deuteronomy 32:42-43
If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
Erg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #81
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I couldn't possibly be any less excited about this whole idea.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #82
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Raimi and Campbell on the remake:

Quote:
And Raimi is thrilled about the new take on his 1981 cult classic film. In a new interview with Collider, Raimi is claiming that this project will be much better than his own.

“I always thought that Evil Dead was a little campfire story that you tell at a camp to kids to scare them at night. But, I don’t think anybody thought it was a beautifully produced, theatrical experience,” he said. “I always thought it could be done in a big screen movie type way that was really high quality with photographic effects. … In fact, [the remake] has turned out to be a tremendous amount of fun because it’s like an old melody that you write and you’ve brought in this really great, cool, young, hip jazz musician, and he’s riffing on it and showing you places it could go that you never dreamed. It’s very exciting for me.”

Raimi went on to say the remake would be rated R or “maybe worse” due to the intense levels of gore.

“It’s really bloody. It’s so bloody, it will make your head spin. I’ve seen almost all the dailies and they’re really going for it. It’s gonna be grisly and intense and non-stop,” he teased.

Meanwhile, Bruce Campbell has also been busy giving the film his stamp of approval. In a recent interview with Digital Spy, the man who portrayed Ash in the original movie says he has already seen the remake and calls it “fabulous.”

“We’re really excited and really behind it, [but] it’s going to take a bit to get the Evil Dead fans behind it,” he said. “We know we’ve pissed a lot of them off. We appreciate that and we appreciate their anger and their zeal, but the only thing we want to impress upon them is that we didn’t screw it up. This is going to be just as memorable as [the original] Evil Dead without being the same movie.”

Campbell continued, “The nice thing is the film looks beautiful. The effects are 10 times better than we ever had access to and the actors are all better than we were in 1979. Though granted Sam Raimi is a mad genius, so we got a crazy result like Evil Dead out of this amateur enthusiasm sort of thing.”
also:

Quote:
Directed by Fede Alvarez, Evil Dead stars Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Jessica Lucas, Lou Taylor Pucci and Elizabeth Blackmore. It follows a young girl named Mia (Levy) who is taken to a remote cabin by her brother (Fernandez) and his fiance (Blackmore) to help her deal with her sobriety issues. Mia’s best friend Olivia (Lucas) and another friend named Eric (Pucci) join them on the trip, but everything goes awry when they discover a Book of the Dead and unwittingly release demonic forces. Evil Dead is due in theaters on April 12.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #83
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Eh, still not feeling any enthusiasm. Maybe I'll check it out when it hits cable.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #84
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

yeah... not excited anymore. at all. man this sucks.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #85
buck135
The Duke of New York

Evil Dead remake like television set on honeymoon... unnecessary!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #86
Katatonia
Master of Doom

"to help her deal with her sobriety issues" ?

Oh, geez...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #87
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Being an Evil Dead fan I'll likely check this out but I'm not expecting to be blown away by it, not one bit. Many factors against it - never heard of any of the actors. Never heard of the Director but I'm guessing he's another music video graduate trying to get his foot in the door. I'm tired of these wannabes coming in and "reimagining" everything. And what's with Raimi & co. dismissing their early masterpiece, almost apologizing for it like its some kind of embarassment? Hey, Raimi, you're making (or endorsing) mostly junk these days. Every single one of your Ghost House productions have stunk. Stop making PG-13 garbage for 12 year old girls
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #88
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Being an Evil Dead fan I'll likely check this out but I'm not expecting to be blown away by it, not one bit. Many factors against it - never heard of any of the actors. Never heard of the Director but I'm guessing he's another music video graduate trying to get his foot in the door.
If someone put the original in your hands for the first time, wouldn't you have the same complaints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I'm tired of these wannabes coming in and "reimagining" everything. And what's with Raimi & co. dismissing their early masterpiece, almost apologizing for it like its some kind of embarassment? Hey, Raimi, you're making (or endorsing) mostly junk these days. Every single one of your Ghost House productions have stunk. Stop making PG-13 garbage for 12 year old girls
Well, in the latest article, Raimi says it will be "R" or stronger.

I have the same knee-jerk reactions as everyone else to the idea of a remake, but let's not lose sight of what made the original great--raw, unheard of talent and a no-holds-barred gore. It sounds like Raimi is legitimately trying to recapture that here. We'll see, of course.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #89
Demoni
HackMaster

Jesus, Bruce Campbell is excited about the effects being 10 times better than the original...

Not too difficult...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #90
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Even though I read that it will be "at least an R rating", I won't believe it until I see it.
The Ghost Rider sequel pre-release interviews said the same shit, "it will be a hard R", then it comes out PG-13. This will probably join it, it's what the studios want and they get what they want.

But an unknown cast isn't necessarily a bad thing. Who knew anyone from the original before seeing that? I just fear the producers caving to studio pressure to get young asses in the seats, and for that they cut to PG-13, far too fucking often I should add.

I'm on the fence for this one. If it comes out R or unrated I might try it at the theater. PG-13 I'll wait for the library or just skip completely. Weary about "sobriety issues" though, horror films are more fun when the characters are getting fucked up before getting fucked up.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote