Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
Cujo108

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

This upcoming film's official site:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/t...smofemilyrose/

Cool trailer. It looks pretty damn creepy to me, so the potential is certainly there. I'll be checking this one out.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
Mattster

Enjoyed the trailer before Dark Water. The audience was laughing at it a lot, but it has potential.

I think the marketing is wrong for it, just like so many other films lately. Who has been putting these trailers together?

Flightplan and The Constant Gardener look interesting as well.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #3
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

The real incident happened not too far away from where I live. There was a documentary about this case on German TV the other day which creeped me out big time. They showed pictures of the 'possessed' girl and played tapes of her possessed voice ...
There's a pretty good site with all the details about this case but it's only in German language though.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
betterdan

Hmmm this looks pretty interesting. I'll try and catch it when it comes out.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

This film looks cool. Is that tape on the trailer supposed to be the real tape.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattster
Enjoyed the trailer before Dark Water. The audience was laughing at it a lot, but it has potential.
Well, at least it's a horror film that is trying to be scary and is not a remake or sequel. I'll give it that much, good for it.

All exorcism and devil movies are only scary to christians, they are just fun for everyone else.
The devil is no more scarier than zombies, werewolves, vampires, etc. But if you actual belive that he is real, then that changes everything.

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #7
Cydeous
Axxon N

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR~!
The devil is no more scarier than zombies, werewolves, vampires, etc. But if you actual belive that he is real, then that changes everything.
Thanks... you are quite the theologian! I know atheists that were afraid of The Exorcist, by the way.

Sorry, I don't mean to be an ass but that's such a dumb statement. Think about it. Are vampires real? Has a vampire movie ever frightened anyone? Of couse. Besides, many other religions believe in evil forces. You do realize that, don't you?
Cydeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #8
Cujo108

Quote:
There was a documentary about this case on German TV the other day which creeped me out big time. They showed pictures of the 'possessed' girl and played tapes of her possessed voice ...
I would love to see that. And to think, you're always complaining about German TV, Billy. Tsk, tsk.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
KillerCannabis
Slow, Deep & Hard

I thought the trailer looked pretty cool. It is refreshing when a studio looks to be releasing something that for once isnt a remake and looks like it :gasp: might have some potential. I hope it turns out as good as the poster makes it look. I also appreciate the fact that its a relatively no-name cast, makes the movie feel a bit more authentic to me.
KillerCannabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #10
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

http://paranormal.about.com/od/demon...a/aa051605.htm
video of some "exorcisms" etc... interesting enough

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #11
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo108
I would love to see that. And to think, you're always complaining about German TV, Billy. Tsk, tsk.
German TV still sucks but sometimes - like in this case - it's worth a looksy. The Possession Of Emily Rose is based on the Anneliese Michels incident that took place in Germany about 30 years ago I think. Stuff I've seen in the trailer kinda matches stuff from the book I read ...

... but of course the scenes shown are waaaay over the top Still, I'm gonna check out the film if it ever makes it over here.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:46 AM   #12
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydeous
Are vampires real? Has a vampire movie ever frightened anyone? Of couse. Besides, many other religions believe in evil forces. You do realize that, don't you?
Many religions believe in the Christian Devil? That is what these silly films are about you know. The films are fun but not scary, how can you be scared of that?

Vampires are suppose to be scary? I grew up with watching The Count on Sesame Street, eating Count Chocula, buying wax teeth, etc so I was never scared of Vampires and I never met anyone who was.

Vampires = spooky stuff

- Johann von Goethe
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 PM   #13
Cydeous
Axxon N

Oops! Sorry, KR~!, my mistake. You're totally right: all religions don't believe in the Christian Devil. Also, the Count from Sesame Street isn't scary so it only goes to show that you are genius to deduce that no-one has ever been afraid of them. Please, enlighten me more.

Wait a minute... other religions DO believe in EVIL. Hmmm... I'm confused. Oh wait... only the CHRISTIAN DEVIL is supposed to be scary... ah, I get it now. Wow, you is a genius, mickey-flickey!!!

Serioulsy, dude, you should read people's posts and not make things up. Even in your reply you quoted my statement, which didn't say that other religions believed in the Christian Devil. I've never really been afraid of any horror film but that doesn't mean that no-one else ever has in the past, does it?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #14
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydeous
Serioulsy, dude, you should read people's posts and not make things up. Even in your reply you quoted my statement, which didn't say that other religions believed in the Christian Devil. I've never really been afraid of any horror film but that doesn't mean that no-one else ever has in the past, does it?
What are these films about? They are about the Christian devil not any other kind of spook. Think for a moment here, I know it's hard for you since you are not used to thinking, but just try this once, remember this?

Quote:
Why was the audience laughing a lot? Because the whole idea that some fantasy creature possessing someone and that it is suppose to be taken serious and is somehow based on real life is hilarious! Why else would they be laughing?

If they believed in a devil and that things like this happen, then they would had not laugh, but they did laugh because they didn't believe and therefore it was funny to them to present something like that as real.

Still don't get it?

Too bad.

I don't care.

- Johann von Goethe
Old 07-11-2005, 12:58 AM   #15
Cydeous
Axxon N

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR~!
What are these films about? They are about the Christian devil not any other kind of spook. Think for a moment here, I know it's hard for you since you are not used to thinking, but just try this once, remember this?
The film may be about the Christian Devil but I didn't say that it wasn't. I merely said that other religions also believe in evil and some people find these types of films scary because to them it's believeable, whether they are Christian or not.

I resent you saying that I am not used to thinking because you are the one with the attention problem. You must not be a very bright person to make such moronic generalizations about the audience laughing. You know, the day of 9/11 there were people celebrating the death of Americans and the destruction of the twin towers. If you were in an Anti-American bar at the time and the people started to cheer would you automatically assume that everyone hates Americans? Now, this may be a leap for you, but IMAGINE that there could be people laughing at the trailer and there could also be other people (NOT THE PEOPLE LAUGHING) that thought it was scary? Is that too difficult for you to comprehend?

To quote you:
Still don't get it? Too bad! I don't care!

That's something that I can certainly agree with because further posts will only result in the thread being closed and someone getting suspended.

Anyway, I just read about the true case and it was interesting. Apparently, the victim died of starvation because the demons (or supposed demons) didn't let her eat. Also, the priests were brought to trial. I think that it could be a good film if it isn't too sensationalized.