Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-31-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Tawny
You guys got sour balls?

Spookies

I watched this yesterday. My friend was telling me it was the worst horror movie he had ever seen. "Even worse than Grim" he said. I heard it was actually 2 movies that the director somehow spliced together to make 1 movie. One movie is an Evil Dead ripoff, with some young adults in a house while they slowly get posessed one by one. The other movie has to do with an old zombie man who is using demons to kill people so that he can bring his dead wife back to life. Well, I think my friend was wrong. This is not the worst horror movie ever made. I actually liked the Evil Dead part of the movie. The other part with the old guy was actually pretty lame, but I thought it was cool that they actually killed a kid in the movie. The special effects were done by Gabe Bartalos, and they are pretty cool. What is up with those farting zombies? I was laughing so hard. What were they thinking?
Tawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

Isn't this the one that had some "spider-woman" demon or something like that? If it is, this used to go by the name "Twisted Souls"...I remember reading about it in Fangoria when it was still being made. The pictures they showed from it looked really promising. I remember that several years later, it finally surfaced on video, but nobody in my area ever picked it up and I've never actually seen it.
MrKateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
ZoSo
The Fucking King

Farting zombies?!?!

*puts Spookies on top of list*

- Smelling of death since 1976!
- I warned you not to go out tonight.

Drugs of choice: #1 | #2 | #3
The Faces of Fu: Check It Out!
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I love Spookies, there's just something about it. It's fun and original, and best of all it's full of kooky atmosphere. I've never heard about it being spliced together from two movies, it really doesn't remotely appear that way to me.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Ya, it was put together from two different movies. The titles of which I don't know. That big spider woman thing is all that sticks in my memory. Can't recall the farting zombies.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
Demon
Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Farting zombies?!?!

*puts Spookies on top of list*

LMAO me too, me too!!

W W W . D E A D P I T . C O M

Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

I might be wrong but I think one part of the movie was actually called The Anger ...

Either way, I have fond memories of watching Spookies. Here's hoping for a decent R1 DVD.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:15 PM   #8
Cujo108

Quote:
Either way, I have fond memories of watching Spookies. Here's hoping for a decent R1 DVD.
I have great memories of this one as well, and it has a nice feeling of nostalgia to it these days. Fun movie.

Quote:
I watched this yesterday. My friend was telling me it was the worst horror movie he had ever seen. "Even worse than Grim" he said.
Haha, Grim is the worst movie I've ever seen, horror or otherwise. I hate that one so very much.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:19 PM   #9
fceurich39
HackMaster

i think sony owns the rights to the movie i know the vhs is sony but anyways when i was little i always got this one confused with CURSE OF THE BLUE LIGHTS both films are okay
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #10
gunner
Cropsy Maniac

Spookies is an 80's junk classic...I remember it played like 8 weekends in a row at the end of USA network's "Saturday Nightmares". Do you wanna really see a movie that's worse than Grim? Check out The Jar.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:15 PM   #11
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

or check out Stacy. WORST movie ever!

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #12
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I remember the farting zombies in the basement. It looked like they were made out of mud, and if I was in the scene the the farting zombies, they would never finish the scene.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:32 AM   #13
Evil Dead Guy

I liked this movie also, still wanting to get the DVD. I prefer the evil dead theme over the host also, it sounded like the host kept talking through an iron tube.

Click on here to see the farting zombies in action - http://www.horrorvideo.com/clips/spookies.asf
Old 09-01-2005, 03:00 AM   #14
betterdan

What in the hell? Thanks for the link evil dead guy.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:10 AM   #15
VideoViolence

I used to talk online with someone who starred in this movie. The guy does work in fx now and whatnot. Anyhow, he told me this movie was originally much better, but people(Might've been a producer or someone who took over for someone else) took the movie, and added their own stupid shit to make it worse. The farting zombies weren't in the original movie. The fart sounds were added because those people thought it'd be funny.