Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: The Best Howling Sequel is...
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf 34 34.34%
Howling III: Marsupials 14 14.14%
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare 12 12.12%
Howling V: The Rebirth 20 20.20%
Howling VI: The Freaks 16 16.16%
Howling: New Moon Rising 3 3.03%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #46
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damed View Post
I have yet to see any of the sequels
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #47
JGrendel
HackMaster

I don't know if I should admitt this but I own all the Howling sequels on vhs, dvd or blu-ray. But my two favorites are still part IV & V.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #48
Stige
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
I don't know if I should admitt this but I own all the Howling sequels on vhs, dvd or blu-ray. But my two favorites are still part IV & V.
you're not alone so don't fear
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
you're not alone so don't fear
Donīt you guys worry... I have all of them on DVD...

I watch the first one on TV in the late 80s and the first vhs rental of the Howling series was Howling IV... it has great nostalgia on me... I can watch Howling IV every time.

I kinda liked the trailer for the new Howling!!!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #50
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Donīt you guys worry... I have all of them on DVD...

I watch the first one on TV in the late 80s and the first vhs rental of the Howling series was Howling IV... it has great nostalgia on me... I can watch Howling IV every time.

I kinda liked the trailer for the new Howling!!!
The first horror movies I ever saw were Friday The 13th Part 1 & 2 & the original Howling. So they have special meaning for me. I saw them at my aunt 's place on these cartridges the size of laserdiscs. Does anyone remember those?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #51
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Quote:
The first horror movies I ever saw were Friday The 13th Part 1 & 2 & the original Howling. So they have special meaning for me. I saw them at my aunt 's place on these cartridges the size of laserdiscs. Does anyone remember those?
You referring to RCA CED video discs? I have a few of them. Here's my Friday the 13th 2 disc: http://216.69.143.179/rca/friday13th-2-RCA.jpg
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #52
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
You referring to RCA CED video discs? I have a few of them. Here's my Friday the 13th 2 disc: http://216.69.143.179/rca/friday13th-2-RCA.jpg
There's a sight for sore eyes.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #53
mclay18
Maniac

Howling 2. It's so absurd, so stupid but it's just engrossing all the same. It's the Plan 9 of the Howling sequels.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #54
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

I've only seen The Howling III: The Marsupials as of now but I've always liked that movie quite a bit. It's disgusting as hell but it's surprisingly smart, well shot, full of heart, and... yeah, funny. I liked the characters and cared about what might happen to them, I thought the story was interesting, the music was fun, and it had a great sense of humor.

I did see Your Sister is a Werewolf and The Original Nightmare being parodied on Thatguywiththeglasses.com and that left me never wanting to see Part 2 (the best of it looked like a cross between Wolfen and Vamp, both of which this thing couldn't hope to beat in its' wildest dreams) and wanting to see Part 4 BAD. I'm going to blind-buy the DVD soon as I have a few bucks and since it's so cheap.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #55
JGrendel
HackMaster

I found a region free copy of Howling: New Moon Rising on ebay & bought it replacing my old vhs version. (ducks & covers)
Old 08-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #56
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Looks like the poll is now locked, but I would vote for Howling V: The Rebirth. That and VI: The Freaks are the only sequels I would recommend watching. The rest (except for the classic original) make up possibly the worst horror franchise I've ever seen. And I've watched all 9 Children of the Corns.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #57
Vance Vandy
Stalker

With the exception of III, I'm a fan of all the sequels (even New Moon Rising as a bizarre curiosity), but my favorite would have to be IV.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #58
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Part 3 has grown on me a great deal. I used to hate it but now find it a fun and wacky little Aussie flick.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #59
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Vandy View Post
With the exception of III, I'm a fan of all the sequels (even New Moon Rising as a bizarre curiosity), but my favorite would have to be IV.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa....really? I like to think I'm one of the film's defenders, but even I couldn't place it above pretty much any of the films in the series other than New Moon Rising. I like John Hough and I think the movie has its moments, but there is no forgiving a film called The Howling that doesn't feature a werewolf until, what, 5 minutes left in the run-time? It's absurd. Slow burn is an understatement for that one. I did really like the theme from the Moody Blues guy, though. But you really have to sell me on your logic here to make that quote above fly!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #60
DVD-fanatic-9
Everyone Else's Hobby

Actually, we got a shot of a wolf when the woman's husband was bitten. And the idea was good, you have to admit. I mean, in the hands of a director who was paying attention. Hough wasn't trying very hard with the film. The budget was probably to blame too- the movie's more than tolerable based on performances but there's nothing interesting to look at. It's cheap, which is fine. But it's bland. How effective is it trying to make an ultra-lowkey movie dreamlike? (If only this could have borrowed the better moments from The Church's score.)

Anyway, Marsupials still has the most energy, likable characters, and several fun moments. Especially everything to do with Jiboa(??)'s stint as a world-famous scream queen (even though it doesn't make any sense). After seeing Part V, which is shockingly weaker than IV, I'm now even more etch-in-stone convinced III has to be the best sequel.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 09-10-2013 at 12:57 AM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote