Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #46
onebyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviniFan
DVD Drive-in has a review up!

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/i...ejessica71.htm

Sucks that it is barebones, but I'll be buying for sure. Sounds like another excellent Paramount transfer.
Thanks for the link. I was hoping the reviews would reveal some special features, but I guess not. Oh well. The picture could be full of grain and full screen and I would still be picking this one up. The fact that the picture is good and the sound passable is good enough for me.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
Cydeous
Axxon N

I didn't expect a special edition of this obscure movie so the bare bones release is perfectly fine, IMO. It will be nice to see this film with a good transfer.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #48
MrKateB
Asshole Extraordinaire

I am totally grateful for the fact that it's widescreen, and it sounds like an excellent print, to boot. YAY!!!
MrKateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #49
onebyone

I love DVD

As it was one of the movies that helped turn me into a horror fan, I have seen Let's Scare Jessica to Death many, many, many, many, many times over the years. I never tire of it. However, it didn't dawn on me until I put in the DVD tonight that I have never once seen a good version of it. VHS and TV way back in the day was it. Hence, this DVD was such a huge jump in quality from any version that I had ever watched that I was just enthralled. It all seemed new somehow, and I loved it more than ever. This movie relies so much on its cinematography and music that the upgrade really makes a difference. The mono track was very clear here, and the picture was just beautiful. I have never been so happy to have a barebones disc.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-27-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:36 PM   #50
ReelFear
Maniac

Watched the new DVD last night. I've had the OOP VHS for years and can thankfully retire that tape now. LSJTD has a unique vibe to it. Creepy, simplistic, and if viewed late at night under the right circumstance can be downright scary. For a film made in 1971 it holds up very well. Now that the new DVD is out, horror fans have reason to celebrate. Here is an important american horror film gone unseen for way too long. if you're looking for blood and jump out of your seat scares, then I advise you to look elsewhere. If you want a serious, moody, no jokes horror film, you can't go wrong here. 8/10
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:01 AM   #51
fceurich39
HackMaster

anyone know if walmart will be getting this on tuesday for sale they have been getting most paramount releases lately i think
event horizon, hellraiser 3 etc...
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #52
fceurich39
HackMaster

any one know which stores will be getting this tomorrow besides borders and best buy???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:08 AM   #53
Bad_Ronald_1983
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39
any one know which stores will be getting this tomorrow besides borders and best buy???
I was lucky to find a copy today. Borders, F.Y.E, Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City and Best Buy didn't carry it or have it in stock. Suncoast was the only place that had a copy. Maybe check there if you have one.
Bad_Ronald_1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #54
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

The Hastings here had two copies on the shelf, so I went ahead and bought it there. The local Best Buy and Walmart stores didn't stock it.

It's bare-bones, but the transfer looks great. At least Paramount still gives a scene slection menu...which is more than I can say for many of the recent DVD releases from Universal and Sony!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #55
Devo1313
Stalker

Meijer had it last night for $8.99 on sale. Came home happy.
Devo1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #56
shift
Ring who?

xfer looks really good, but i was tired and did not get to finish it. The Movie seemed very slow. Is it a creeper, sleeper or creeper/sleeper.

ok...I was a sleeper
Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #57
SpaceAce
Maniac

Never saw this movie, but I just took a chance on it. Bought it at best buy for $9.99. Hope it is good!
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 AM   #58
spawningblue
Deadite

I hope I can find a copy around here. I've never seen it but from what I heard it sounds like it'll be right up my alley! I love checking out movies for the first time!
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:50 AM   #59
Wez4555
Happy Trees Motherfucker!

wow, i had this in my hand and didnt buy it. i guess ill go back and get it. btw, it was in the SIFI section..not the horror.
Wez4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:23 AM   #60
betterdan

Pick me up one too Wez.
2 Best Buys near me are showing that they have it in stock and hopefully they will by the time I get there tomorrow night but with the luck I have with them and their online inventory I doubt it.