Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #166
Dobby
HackMaster

It would appear Amazon is no longer using UPS or fedex instead they are using ONTRAC. I have to give you people a warning and let you know they suck cock. These bozos will throw your packing on your wet lawn. They even go as far as throwing your package in a driveway. Easily one of the worst serves ever, really pisses me off. Especially sense I am an amazon prime member this sucks!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #167
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It's not surprising that they raised it to $35. It's "Free Shipping" by definition.

Rakuten (formerly Buy.com), DVDPlanet and others have long since been that $ or above for free shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
It would appear Amazon is no longer using UPS or fedex instead they are using ONTRAC. I have to give you people a warning and let you know they suck cock. These bozos will throw your packing on your wet lawn. They even go as far as throwing your package in a driveway. Easily one of the worst serves ever, really pisses me off. Especially sense I am an amazon prime member this sucks!
Still UPS delivery here. Amazon have been using Ontrac for years on the west coast. Thankfully, they only exist in the west.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #168
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
It's not surprising that they raised it to $35. It's "Free Shipping" by definition.

Rakuten (formerly Buy.com), DVDPlanet and others have long since been that $ or above for free shipping.

Still UPS delivery here. Amazon have been using Ontrac for years on the west coast. Thankfully, they only exist in the west.
Yeah and now ups and fedex are no longer an option for me.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #169
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Yeah and now ups and fedex are no longer an option for me.
Why not?

Have you complained to Amazon? I'd just tell them Ontrac sucks, and ask them to switch back or you'll not even consider renewing Prime.

I'm just curious what's so bad about them. Do they just deliver stuff late, damage packages all the time, or... ?

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #170
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Why not?

Have you complained to Amazon? I'd just tell them Ontrac sucks, and ask them to switch back or you'll not even consider renewing Prime.

I'm just curious what's so bad about them. Do they just deliver stuff late, damage packages all the time, or... ?
Yes I have already complained several times already. They are useless cunts and their service is shit. They will throw your package on the sidewalk, wet lawn, in the driveway. Oh and my personal favorite they will leave your package baking in the hot sun. I wouldn't be surprised if someones package would end up on their roof.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #171
Workshed
October!

I have never experienced any delivery or condition issues with ONTRAC.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #172
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
I have never experienced any delivery or condition issues with ONTRAC.
Oh oh oh someone needs to be spanked then.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #173
Do you see
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
So was poking around Amazon today and noticed this:

$35? I thought it was $25? Ouch.

Unless they have another Prime trial, I don't think I'll be shopping there much anymore.
After reading this I decided to check Amazon.ca and they are still at $25.
Do you see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #174
Matt89
HackMaster

Okay I've fucking had it with amazon.ca and their bullshit pre-orders. I had pre-ordered the Amityville Horror boxset for $48.99 and amazon.ca had charged my card but it sat in "shipping soon" mode for 5 days when the item was fully in stock. So, out of frustration I ended up canceling it and got it at HMV for $49.99. Got my money back and everything.

Now I'm having the same problem with the motherfucking James Dean collector's set. I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago, the item is still in stock and release date was this past Tuesday and it still has not shipped!!! Honestly what the fuck! What the hell is going on at amazon.ca. It now has an expected arrival date of November 14th! What the goddamn shit??!

Oh ya and they've already charged my card. Again. Fuck you amazon. You used to be cool.

~Matt
Old 11-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #175
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Why not?

I ordered something from newegg recently and they delivered it by ontrac - it took them three days to figure out how to get into my building to leave it at my door. Fedex, UPS, etc. have never had a problem with this. For ontrac, I had to call them after two days (of nonspecific reasons for delivery failure on their tracking site), and tell them to just figure it out. They did.

it wasn't a major issue, but it was annoying.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #176
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
I ordered something from newegg recently and they delivered it by ontrac - it took them three days to figure out how to get into my building to leave it at my door. Fedex, UPS, etc. have never had a problem with this. For ontrac, I had to call them after two days (of nonspecific reasons for delivery failure on their tracking site), and tell them to just figure it out. They did.

it wasn't a major issue, but it was annoying.

I really don't care for ontrac at all can't stand them.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #177
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

All of these shipping issues have easy solutions: the carrier, whoever it is, should have your cell phone number. When you place an order, there should be an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) given. You either accept the ETA or give them an alternate ETA. If you're not going to be home for delivery and don't want your package left with a neighbor, the customer should have the flexibility of choosing alternate delivery options. Then, when the carrier is nearing your home, he/she will call your cell to make sure you're going to be there. Problem solved
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #178
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Okay I've fucking had it with amazon.ca and their bullshit pre-orders. I had pre-ordered the Amityville Horror boxset for $48.99 and amazon.ca had charged my card but it sat in "shipping soon" mode for 5 days when the item was fully in stock. So, out of frustration I ended up canceling it and got it at HMV for $49.99. Got my money back and everything.

Now I'm having the same problem with the motherfucking James Dean collector's set. I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago, the item is still in stock and release date was this past Tuesday and it still has not shipped!!! Honestly what the fuck! What the hell is going on at amazon.ca. It now has an expected arrival date of November 14th! What the goddamn shit??!

Oh ya and they've already charged my card. Again. Fuck you amazon. You used to be cool.

~Matt

Are you using "Free Super Saver Shipping"? Whenever I use that, they always hang onto my items for about 3 weeks. It's pretty ridiculous. I think that's just their way of trying to convert everyone over to Prime.

Every other site that offers free shipping above $xx gets here in a fraction of that time. There are plenty of other sites where if you do pre-orders, you'll get them on release day (DeepDiscount has always been reliable there).

Now that they've upped free shipping to $35, it'd be nice if they actually shipped like a normal company. Never understood why everyone always blows their wads over Amazon. Unless you have Prime, they're not that great.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #179
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

How long does it usually take for AmazonUK to get shipments to the States? I finally went region-free and ordered a few blu rays from them on October 23rd and the delivery estimate was October 31st (which I thought seemed strangely fast for overseas). I have not received them and am wondering if I should be worried yet. Naturally, there is no tracking.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #180
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post

~Matt
I've been having similar problems with them lately. I assume you've already sent an email to their customer service? whenever I do that, I always get the same form-letter apology and reassurance that I'm a valued customer, along with a complimentary bump from standard shipping to expedited 2-day shipping. which (naturally) takes just as long to arrive at my door, but whatever.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote