Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #181
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Okay I've fucking had it with amazon.ca and their bullshit pre-orders. I had pre-ordered the Amityville Horror boxset for $48.99 and amazon.ca had charged my card but it sat in "shipping soon" mode for 5 days when the item was fully in stock. So, out of frustration I ended up canceling it and got it at HMV for $49.99. Got my money back and everything.

Now I'm having the same problem with the motherfucking James Dean collector's set. I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago, the item is still in stock and release date was this past Tuesday and it still has not shipped!!! Honestly what the fuck! What the hell is going on at amazon.ca. It now has an expected arrival date of November 14th! What the goddamn shit??!

Oh ya and they've already charged my card. Again. Fuck you amazon. You used to be cool.

~Matt
Amazon does not charge you until the item ships, so either you are unknowingly ordering from a third-party vendor who does charge you before the item ships, or something is very wrong. Instead of emailing them and spending your time on here (where they will not see your frustration), I would call them or IM them (easy to do) to get to the root cause ASAP. Because it sounds like there are crossed wires. have your order # ready. Good luck.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #182
Bluenoser
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I've been having similar problems with them lately. I assume you've already sent an email to their customer service? whenever I do that, I always get the same form-letter apology and reassurance that I'm a valued customer, along with a complimentary bump from standard shipping to expedited 2-day shipping. which (naturally) takes just as long to arrive at my door, but whatever.
Me too. I emailed them about my Night Train to Terror order... I told them the product missed release day (this was a week or two later), had been in stock for days, but still hadn't shipped. I too got the apology and upgraded shipping.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #183
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Son of a bitch, I might have been living under a rock, but how long has Amazon been taking out sales tax?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #184
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Son of a bitch, I might have been living under a rock, but how long has Amazon been taking out sales tax?

For several months now and it really pisses me the fuck off. When my amazon prime ends I am finished with them.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #185
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Amazon collects sales tax from residents of 16 states currently.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=468512

Connecticut, New Jersey and Virginia appear to be the most recent additions to their sales tax states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_tax

Taxes for purchases made from Marketplace sellers differ and are subject to the tax requirements of that particular seller. EX: ImportCDs/DeepDiscount is required to collect sales tax on any California, Kentucky and Illinois orders while MovieMars only collects sales tax on North Carolina orders.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201133310
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:06 AM   #186
Chomp

I just did some research...Amazon implemented sales tax in Wisconsin on Nov. 1st. Apparently they plan on putting in a distribution center in the state.

Fuck Amazon.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #187
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
I just did some research...Amazon implemented sales tax in Wisconsin on Nov. 1st. Apparently they plan on putting in a distribution center in the state.

Fuck Amazon.
Death and taxes brother. Eventually they both catch up with you.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #188
Matt89
HackMaster

Oh seriously cry me a river. You have to pay sales tax on amazon. Good. Maybe that'll help your economy. Your sales tax is low enough as it is.

~Matt
Old 11-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #189
Mr.G
Victim

I'm fine with the sales tax but the hike in price (25 to 35) for free shipping is BS.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #190
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
It's been more than a few years in Kansas. That's why I get most of my movies from Amazon Partners, ImportCDs and DeepDiscount.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #191
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
I'm fine with the sales tax but the hike in price (25 to 35) for free shipping is BS.
I know. Seems like every order is $2-3 shy of reaching $35 too.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #192
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

It's a bit confusing how Amazon charges for tax, for some items I don't even get charged while others I do.

I'm glad I got to live through the "golden age" of internet shopping where tax wasn't a factor.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #193
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I'm stunned MI is still tax free through Amazon.
I got taxed from WBshop the other day, and some other sites I can't recall in the past, but Amazon remains tax free.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #194
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Oh seriously cry me a river. You have to pay sales tax on amazon. Good. Maybe that'll help your economy. Your sales tax is low enough as it is.

~Matt
Hey hoser.... Wisconsin is the 4th highest taxed state in the US.

Yeah that will help the economy...a big corporate conglomerate...creating 1,000 jobs while wiping out 5,000 in the process.

Does everyone smoke crack in Toronto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
It's been more than a few years in Kansas. That's why I get most of my movies from Amazon Partners, ImportCDs and DeepDiscount.
Probably what I will be doing from now on. Shame.

Last edited by Chomp; 11-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #195
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Does everyone smoke crack in Toronto?
Topical. I like it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote