Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #16
rp108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis
Like onebyone said, the stuff I've ordered with free shipping has always had a tracking number. Overnight shipping should surely have a tracking number. If it's not listed, call them and get it so you can see where your shit is.
They havent shipped it thats why there is no tracking number.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #17
rp108

LOL! Now I can't log into my account!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #18
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp108
Of course a month ago I had to gloat and say I had no problems w/ this company, should have saw this bullshit coming. I knew I was cutting it close by ordering Christmas presents on the 12/15 but Amazon was always fast. 7 items were in "soon to ship" for days.

Finally I called them on the 21st and asked them what is going on. They told me that 2 of the items were out of stock. They had no intentions of telling me. So I said fine cancel those 2 and ship the rest. They said they would overnight it at no additional charge and they would be here by the 23rd. I was a happy camper.

Here it is Friday the 23rd and now it says they won't get here until January 3rd!!! I told them to cancel the order and now they say it can't be canceled because it is in the shipping process. Bullshit!!!!!

Hey amazon.com
By your own admission, you said you hadn't ordered presents by 12/15. The 25th is on a Sunday, so really, that gives Amazon.com, like, 7 days to get your items to you. I'm not sure I'd hold any company responsible if my order didn't arrive within 7 days of the busiest shipping time of the year. Did you use expedited shipping? If so, then you have legitimate beef.

Also, no tracking number? All of my Amazon.com orders have always had tracking numbers.

At any rate, bummer for you. My Holiday Amazon.com order arrived in 5 days, no expedited shipping, and one of the items said ships in "2-5 weeks."
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #19
Golgo13

I hope when it does arrive it comes all crushed and broken.

(of course amazon is so awesome that they'll ship you replacements pronto as soon as you request them)
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #20
rp108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed
By your own admission, you said you hadn't ordered presents by 12/15. The 25th is on a Sunday, so really, that gives Amazon.com, like, 7 days to get your items to you. I'm not sure I'd hold any company responsible if my order didn't arrive within 7 days of the busiest shipping time of the year. Did you use expedited shipping? If so, then you have legitimate beef.

Also, no tracking number? All of my Amazon.com orders have always had tracking numbers.

At any rate, bummer for you. My Holiday Amazon.com order arrived in 5 days, no expedited shipping, and one of the items said ships in "2-5 weeks."
I think you are missing the point. They told me they would overnight the items and then they did not and didnt even tell me. And they wont let me cancel the order when its their fault. And I am definatley going to hold them responsible, don't promise services to customers if you cant provide them. I have been ordering from amazon.com for 4 years and if this doesn't get taken care of they can kiss my business goodbye.

Last edited by rp108; 12-23-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 PM   #21
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

Overnight shipping (most likely) doesn't include the processing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp108
I think you are missing the point. They told me they would overnight the items and then they did not and didnt even tell me. And they wont let me cancel the order when its their fault. And I am definatley going to hold them responsible, don't promise services to customers if you cant provide them. I have been ordering from amazon.com for 4 years and if this doesn't get taken care of they can kiss my business goodbye.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:53 PM   #22
onebyone

Why can't you cancel the order? If it isn't in the shipping process, you should be able to cancel it. I think we are missing something in the story. They were so very strict about meeting their on time for Christmas deadlines I can't believe they just decided to screw you around on all fronts.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #23
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

This sounds fishy, Amazon has some of the very best costumer service on-line, so I think that maybe this is a case of user error.

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #24
n3rds3x

I've done business with Amazon for years now and have had nothing but a great experience. To be honest, the only "bad" experience I had with Amazon was when they charged me for an auction I had cancelled. I believe the charge was something very, very insignificant like thirty cents. However, the fact that they charged me for the listing months after I closed it rubbed me the wrong way. Also, Amazon's prices are rarely the cheapest, you can usually find better deals elsewhere unless you purchase the item from a third-party seller. Regardless, Amazon does have one of the largest selections of any of the on-line retailers I frequent regularly. Unlike any of the other on-line merchants I've done business with, I never once received a damaged item from Amazon. I can't say the same for DDD or SuperDuperClub, but what do you expect when you choose standard shipping?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #25
rp108

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone
Why can't you cancel the order? If it isn't in the shipping process, you should be able to cancel it. I think we are missing something in the story. They were so very strict about meeting their on time for Christmas deadlines I can't believe they just decided to screw you around on all fronts.
Set the record straight right now...

1. Placed order on 12/15
2. Paid for 2 day shipping
3. By 12/21 items were still in process of being shipped
4. Call amazon ask them why they haven't shipped
5. Amazon replies that there are 2 items that are not in stock
6. I tell them please cancel those 2 items and ship the remaining 5
7. I tell amazon that I need them before Christmas and I paid for 2 day shipping to make sure they would be here in time (hence, 2 days from the 15th is the 17th)
8. Amazon says we will refund your shipping cost and we will ship it to you overnight at no extra charge. You will receive items by 12/23
9. 12/22 website says they are still in the process of shipping. Called amazon and they assured me they will be at my house by the 12/23
10. 12/23 Items are still in the shipping process and NOW says they estimate arrival between 12/29 - 1/3. Call amazon and ask them what happened. No explanation. Told them this was unacceptable and want to cancel order. Amazon responds and says they can not cancel order because it is in the shipping process.
11. It is now 7:00 pm and I can't log into my amazon account.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #26
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo13
Oh Snaps! In Your Face Rp108!

I can't say I ever had a problem with Amazon, myself. I've been using them since 1996, I believe, and never once had an issue.

Maybe it's because they don't hate me.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #27
7_RaggedTiger
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna

I can't say I ever had a problem with Amazon, myself. I've been using them since 1996, I believe, and never once had an issue.

Maybe it's because they don't hate me.
Yeah same story here. I buy & sell all the time. Everything goes super great. No problems so far.
7_RaggedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:59 AM   #28
dwatts
HackMaster

I bought a DVD from Amazon marketplace. Five weeks later it had not arrived. I emailed the seller, they told me "nothing we can do". Emailed Amazon, "Nothing we can do". I replied - "WTF?" Amazon refunded my money.

The same day I got the refund, the DVD turned up! It had postage stamps on it from all over Europe. I emailed the seller and told them that a) I'd got the refund today, b) The DVD arrived, they should recharge my credit card.

Got a reply back saying, "Forget it, take it as a Christmas gift for being honest."

This is not an "amazon sucks" reply.
dwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #29
Luna

Nice! Somewhat along those lines, on a couple of occasions, I've gotten DUPLICATES of things I ordered through amazon sellers, due to slight mix-ups, that they wanted me to keep. I was able to sell those duplicates, which was nice, as I can always use extra money. Oh, and Amazon has sent me two free DVDs over the years for being a valuable Amazon member (they actually said that!) and even got a cookbook by mistake, which they also let me keep. Yeah, I think I'm ahead here.

Anywhere I can buy a Duran Duran CD for 3 cents plus minimal tax is good in my book.

Last edited by Luna; 12-24-2005 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 AM   #30
rp108

Well I used to say the same thing about amazon, in fact right here in this thread but that has changed. I will never order from them again unless I have to. Been a good customer to them for 4 years and never had a problem until this and this is definatley a serious problem. Its plain and simple...

If you dont have something in stock, dont list it for sale.
Or at least tell the customer it is out of stock when they place the order.
Dont promise the customer overnight shipping if you cannot provide it.
Allow the customer to cancel order if business makes mistake.