Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #46
cjg
Maniac

Prime is the best , but I have found my self ordering stuff I don't need. Lately I have been ordering a lot of used stuff from Go Hastings with the coupons and 99 cent shipping you can get some pretty good deals
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #47
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I love Amazon and having Prime. I order all kinds of items from them, and don't need to worry about shipping prices then. And if there ever is a problem, their customer service is the best around in my experience.

Also a nice quirk lately is that when I order stuff on Thursdays, they ship it out by overnight delivery so it arrives on Friday.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #48
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Speaking of Amazon sucking, I just logged into my seller account. Their system is really messy and sales for an entire week don't hit until about two weeks later. This is basically just to be confusing, that way it's easier for them to screw you over without being noticed. They make it really difficult to see which orders the money is coming from and what fees they are taking.

Well, today's deposit into my bank account was $1.76. I sold two items during this period, one for $13.99 and one for $7.99. So apparently, $1.76 is all you get from that after their commissions. I DON'T THINK SO!

Guess I have to call them tomorrow. Should be fun.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #49
othervoice1
HackMaster

I have to say I love Amazon (just as a shopper) and love my Prime membership - and a couple times when things werent right they made it right. I will use camel camel camel to price check them too
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #50
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Funny, reading the two posts above mine.

Amazon's customer service is THE WORST. It always takes them two or three tries to get it right.

On the other hand, GoHastings customer service is seriously the best on the net. They have absolutely no quality control over their used DVDs, so I tend to get a lot of duds from them. But every time I've had to contact them for a defective DVD, their service has been quick, kind, and completely hassle-free.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #51
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post

Amazon's customer service is THE WORST. It always takes them two or three tries to get it right.

On the other hand, GoHastings customer service is seriously the best on the net. They have absolutely no quality control over their used DVDs, so I tend to get a lot of duds from them. But every time I've had to contact them for a defective DVD, their service has been quick, kind, and completely hassle-free.
Yeah, GoHastings is great. Just be careful ordering from them if multiple movies have the same titles such as remakes, cause its about 50/50 you getting the right one. I remember ordering Alone in the Dark from them and they sent me that Uwe Boll piece of shit. Another time I ordered the original Prom Night and got the remake. They almost always tell you to just keep the wrong one and send out a new one right away. On the other hand, every time I've had to contact Amazon's customer service I've gotten Raakhtar or Djaarta from some hut over in the Indian desert trying to help me and all they do is just repeat the same canned answers from the customer service handbook which is completely useless. Not to mention Amazons answer to every problem is to just give you a $5 credit. For some reason they think that makes everything ok. They may have a customer service rep available to chat 24 hours a day, but so would every other online store if they wanted to pay 49 cents a day to some tribal third world inhabitants who just learned to use a laptop yesterday.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 07-09-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #52
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Yeah, GoHastings is great. Just be careful ordering from them if multiple movies have the same titles such as remakes, cause its about 50/50 you getting the right one. I remember ordering Alone in the Dark from them and they sent me that Uwe Boll piece of shit. Another time I ordered the original Prom Night and got the remake. They almost always tell you to just keep the wrong one and send out a new one right away.
Yes, I've had that happen quite a few times. One was Loverboy, ordered the Patrick Dempsey movie and they sent me some movie with Kyra Sedgwick. Also Bloodmoon (1989), they sent me some recent action movie and Hide & Seek (2000) they sent me the Robert DeNiro one. Also, some of the movies I've received look like someone has taken a blade to the disc. They don't have any quality control over their used items.

But their customer service is fantastic! As long as it's a business day, I'll usually have a reply and a refund within an hour. I just wish I didn't have to contact them so often.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #53
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I've ordered over 50 discs from Gohastings in the past two months. I adore them.

The only issue I've had is the copy of "The Bay" I received skips and when I contact them I received a full refund within a few hours.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #54
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I almost quit them because of the dollar increase but I just ordered a used copy of Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and it was practically brand new for only $7.01 total. So, it was only $3 + the $4 for shipping. So, sometimes it's worth it. If you can find something cheap and the seller turns out to be trustworthy.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #55
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I still don't get the $4 to ship a dvd. I've shipped plenty of DVDs and it doesn't cost $4, its around $2.50 to $2.75, so they can take their "Oh, the postal rates have gone up" excuse and stick it up their ass. Who the hell do they think they're kidding?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #56
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I think they figure they're a big enough name to get away with it. I haven't had any real money to buy a bunch of DVD's, but if the chance comes- I'm going with Best Buy. I've been meaning to reignite my account with them.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 AM   #57
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post

When I signed up for amazon prime last year I had a $20 coupon for the membership, and the conditions when it applied looked impossible to meet. So I called them and nobody understood what I was talking about, and the 3rd guy I talked to finally realized that the coupon wasn't coming from amazon, but from my credit card company. So he gave me a $20 credit just to be nice. And then the coupon did apply anyway (it was just poorly written). So it took a while, but they really gave me a good deal.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #58
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

As both a buyer and seller on Amazon, I have had nothing but fantastic experiences. It's a shame that some people have had some problems. I'm sure a day will come where they will fuck something up, but nobody's perfect.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #59
crikan
HackMaster

I'm surprised how much talk there is of pre-ordering on Amazon. They are almost never the cheapest place to buy movies. I've found that they are rarely the cheapest place to buy Electronics as well. I look at Amazon daily but nearly all of my purchases are from their partners. And the recent shipping price hike has slowed that down.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #60
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I just pre-ordered three seperate Blu-Rays, all being released on October 1st:

Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Gift Set, that is only availabe through Amazon.com, and I preordered it about 2 weeks ago, and there is only 20,000 copies available

Preordered today:

House of Wax 3D, Vincent Price with the original 1933 movie included

Amityville Horror Collection from Shout Factory. All three are over $25.00, and free shipping. My total cost of all three is about $150.00, and I'm getting these instead of the Blu-Ray collection of Friday the 13th. Can't justify, at least for me, the price that the collection is going to go for, and I already own Parts 1 - 3 and the Remake already on Blu-Ray, the Unrated Jason Goes to Hell, and the Deluxe Editions of Parts 1-8 on DVD, the Limited Edition, with the Minature Jason Hockey Mask.

I personally have never had an issue whatsoever with Amazon. Everything that I have purchased from them has arrived a few days early, even with the free shipping, the box in pristine condition, and each item has been packed extremely well.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote