Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #61
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah Amazon is awesome. Any problems I've had with them have been solved quickly. I was even able to exchange a movie that wasn't working that I bought from them a year before!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #62
Dave
Pimp

I love Amazon.

LOVE.

Not just because they are basically paying for the site. Well, you guys are, but you know what I mean.

I use them almost exclusively for online shopping. I'll check around but if Amazon is a few bucks more, I'll use them. Prime is awesome. I order something and it is here two days later. If I need to return something, shipping is free and I can print the label out online.

Amazon Mom - cheapest source of diapers. With twins, very important. BJs is cheaper on the formula we use (Gerber), so we get formula there.

Finally, Kindle books - yummy.

Yes, I love Amazon. It sucks they will soon be charging Mass sales tax but not much I can do on that. Wife and I are considering a move back to NH, which is a sales and income tax free state.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #63
Katatonia
In Death's Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Yeah Amazon is awesome. Any problems I've had with them have been solved quickly. I was even able to exchange a movie that wasn't working that I bought from them a year before!
That's one thing I really love about Amazon. Returns are super easy, and they never give you any trouble there...whether you want a replacement or a refund. When I have received defective items, they've almost always overnighted me a replacement.

And, this was awesome of them also recently:

I ordered about 15 new Blu-rays (all Paramount) for $1.00 each when they had a pricing bug that was valid for about 45 minutes. They didn't cancel any of those, they shipped them all. I really wouldn't have blamed them if they would have cancelled them.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #64
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post

Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Gift Set, that is only availabe through Amazon.com, and I preordered it about 2 weeks ago, and there is only 20,000 copies available

I already have the 3-Disc Emerald edition. The film looks fantastic. I wish I could justify buying it again. That new "The Making of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" featurette sounds interesting.

Quote:
"The Making of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," a candid overview of how a troubled production overcame the odds to become an integral part of American culture features contributions from historians John Fricke and Sam Wasson, composers Stephen Schwartz and Marc Shaiman, critics Leonard Maltin and Michael Sragow, Bert Lahr's son John as well as revealing interview clips with Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Buddy Ebsen, Margaret Hamilton and Mervyn LeRoy, among others.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #65
kcgaidin
Screamy Bopper

Amazon Prime is the shit....I tell everyone I know how good its been for me.
kcgaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #66
Dave
Pimp

Amazon Prime - borrow a book a month on the Kindle, too. I have to admit there aren't a ton I'm interested in but I usually end up borrowing 3 or 4 a year.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #67
shape22
HackMaster

I can't speak highly enough of Amazon. I order a ton of stuff from them, problems are extremely rare, and they are ALWAYS sorted out quickly and conveniently.

I used to order a lot of discs from Deepdiscount and DVD Pacific. But their return/replacement procedures were positively Draconian. No more. I'd rather pay an extra dollar to order from a merchant that values its customers.

I've never sold anything through Amazon. So I can't speak about that. But as a consumer they are by far the best retailer I've ever found. I even order a decent number of grocery items through subscribe and save.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #68
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

I actually have a very serious complaint- I've tried to watch Amazon On-Demand video stuff and the player is awful. It skips like mad. I tried it on 2 different computers- it was a nightmare both times.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #69
HoldenMcNeil
Stalker

The only problem I had was that my Lord of the Rings blu-ray set had a huge dent in the corner, but that was UPS's fault.

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.

37!!!

You Mean the Movie Lied!?
HoldenMcNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #70
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
I can't speak highly enough of Amazon. I order a ton of stuff from them, problems are extremely rare, and they are ALWAYS sorted out quickly and conveniently.

I used to order a lot of discs from Deepdiscount and DVD Pacific. But their return/replacement procedures were positively Draconian. No more. I'd rather pay an extra dollar to order from a merchant that values its customers.

I've never sold anything through Amazon. So I can't speak about that. But as a consumer they are by far the best retailer I've ever found. I even order a decent number of grocery items through subscribe and save.
This has been precisely my experience as well, I could not be happier with Amazon.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #71
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I've only ever had positive experiences with amazon and amazon uk. EVER. I've had discs with faulty playback, and they've sent me another copy, no questions asked. And they rarely ask me to return the defective disc.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #72
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Another Amazon fan here. Prime is the way to go and easily pays itself off over a year's use. I have never had a bad experience with Amazon.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #73
cjg
Maniac

I cant believe they haven't jacked up the cost of Prime its been $80.00 for years it seems. Hopefully they don't.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #74
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
I cant believe they haven't jacked up the cost of Prime its been $80.00 for years it seems. Hopefully they don't.
Maybe they don't raise the price because its a loss leader. Myself, I don't pay for Prime becasue I don't see the value. I get free shipping on the few things I buy from Amazon so why pay $80 for something I get for free (I can wait 5 days to receive my items). I also don't find thier streaming library to be near as compelling as Netflix so that doesn't work for me either. It sounds like many of you don't look for better prices at other retailers because you are so enamored with Prime Shipping. And thats the hook. Have people sign up for a cheap 2-day shipping subscription and they won't go anywhere else. Pretty smart.

Just to give my perspective. Last week I bought a 55' Samsung TV and a Yamaha reveiver at Nebraska Furniture Mart for a combined $600 less than Amazon. The week before that I saved $16 on an ASUS router by shopping at Newegg. And I've bought well more than 100 DVDs and Blu-rays over the past few months cheaper than if I was shopping at Amazon. Amazon is great but there are many times where you can do better elsewhere.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #75
cjg
Maniac

Amazon- Blu ray, DVD, CDS, Books - Cant beat their prices on Books and most CDs
ImportCDs-Blu Or DVDs - If I can get cheaper then at Amazon
Go Hastings- Used stuff 99 Cents shipping , no way I am paying $3.99 shipping at Amazon
Deep Discount- not to much anymore
Appliances - Buy locally no way I am buying that stuff on-line
Some of us do shop around.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote