Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I'm actually not too bothered by the fakeish-looking CGI, but that may be because pretty much all CGI looks fakeish to my eyes.
As is my complaint about most CGI. But the thing about trailers, especially when the film is still 7.5 months away from release, is the CGI in the trailer is no where near the actual finished product and still a work in progress so yes it will looks 'shitty'.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
WesReviews
HackMaster

This looks awful.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

175$ million?!? What would possess a studio to drop this type of coin on a zombie film when they are a dime a dozen these days and some great ones like Zombieland were made for a fraction of that cost.
Seems senseless.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #19
WesReviews
HackMaster

Keep in mind, too... it's directed by Marc (Quantum of Solace) Forster. There's no shot in hell that it doesn't end up shitty.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #20
msw7
Morso a morte

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
For once I'd like to see a zombie flick that did NOT follow tradition. Why are zombies always hungry? Why do they want to eat people? Why can't they just shamble around aimlessly without attacking people? Make something different and maybe I'll want to watch it but not this cartoon.
They Came Back
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #21
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
For once I'd like to see a zombie flick that did NOT follow tradition. Why are zombies always hungry? Why do they want to eat people? Why can't they just shamble around aimlessly without attacking people? Make something different and maybe I'll want to watch it but not this cartoon.
You've obviously never seen "Sex in the City 2."
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #22
Number Six
I am not a number...

Thumbs down

1) This will be, reverse spoiler for those who haven't read it, nothing like the book. Just a stolen title (quite like the above-mentioned Quantum of Solace [though, that was just a short story and not a full novel]).

Strike one!

2) Call me a purist or whatever but I'm not, nor have I ever been, a fan of fast zombies. Makes movies feel more action-y, and less horror-y.

Strike two!

3) Brad Pitt. I've really become a fan of his lately. Watched the Fincher/Pitt triple-feature last weekend. The dude's nowhere near as bad an actor as some would have you believe.

Low and outside...ball one! (Gotcha! )

4) The CG zombies were God-awful!!! Were those effects made 10 years ago?!?! Looked to me like the "Burly Brawl" from Matrix Reloaded, and we all know how awesome...er, I mean bad that was.

Strike three! YERRRR OUT!!!!

So i had my hopes up for this movie, being a fan of not only the book but the excellent audiobook as well. Then I had my hopes dashed in just two short minutes. Silver lining: Thanks for saving me 10 bucks on a movie ticket!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
Number Six
I am not a number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldomenechhdg View Post
for once i'd like to see a zombie flick that did not follow tradition. Why are zombies always hungry? Why do they want to eat people? Why can't they just shamble around aimlessly without attacking people? Make something different and maybe i'll want to watch it but not this cartoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
you've obviously never seen "sex in the city 2."
Zzzing!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
175$ million?!? What would possess a studio to drop this type of coin on a zombie film when they are a dime a dozen these days and some great ones like Zombieland were made for a fraction of that cost.
Seems senseless.
Has there been a zombie movie, great or otherwise, that hasn't been made for a fraction of $175 million?
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #25
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

Grabbin peelz..... Hunter!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #26
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Zzzing!
Lol. I thought that was a good one.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #27
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

If I remember correctly, in the novel the zombies weren't just Romero-style shamblers, but the zombie apocalypse played out even slower than in the Romero universe. In Brooks' world it takes a year or longer from the point when patient zero is discovered before the world really starts to fall apart, while in NOTLD it takes just two weeks from the first zombie incidents before shit starts hitting the fan. Of course in the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake it takes less than forty-eight hours.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I actually laughed at the zombie pyramid. This looks so incredibly bad I might have to see it for shits and giggles.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #29
Zillamon51
Maniac

If you didn't know this was about zombies, you couldn't tell it from the trailer. The shot with Pitt holding the door shut on the rooftop would have been a great time to show a gory or decayed face in the window. This just looks like crazy people rioting. I'm interested in the potential scale of this, and the CGI will most certainly be improved by release date, but the trailer should scream "ULTIMATE ZOMBIE MOVIE EVER!!" and it doesn't.
Zillamon51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #30
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
If you didn't know this was about zombies, you couldn't tell it from the trailer.
It's not unlike us Americans on Black Friday.