Child's Play 3 (1991) 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Because he's not an asshole?
Okay, that's movie logic. Now put yourself in his place. I'm sorry but Movie Andy clearly thought either his mother would magically rescue him or he was going to be accepted into some weird new family at the academy. In reality, this was 1991. "Lithium" 1991. And strangely enough, I think the movie knew that. But instead of giving Andy some serious issues, shading his character, making him a lot more morally ambiguous like I'm positive Don Mancini wanted to do for awhile- Andy is a freakin' boy scout supernaturally motivated to stop Chucky. Chucky coming back to life again is like freezing a glass of water, Andy screaming "you're alive...I have to stop you, you're not gonna kill all my 2.5 new friends out of a bunch of jarheaded cretins here!" is flying pigs and talking lawn-gnomes.

We don't have to think they deserved to die. We're allowed to question that as we watch Chucky kill. Horror is a genre that usually allows for gray areas and instead the movie went supermoral at the expense of turning Andy into an irrationally chipper, unaffected by anything anyone heaped onto him in a time when a lot of teens were starting to crack very publically, martyr.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Dust Bunny
Screamy Bopper

I prefer Child's Play 2 by a large amount. It was maybe the first horror movie I saw growing up (it was either this Amityville 2 or Halloween 3 on TV). I saw it first at a school friends sleep over in a double bill on of rented VHS with Pet Sematary 1. At the time I found it quite scary and remember having trouble sleeping after. I didn't see Child's Play 1 until 7 years later.

As for part 3 I am not a fan of the setting or the characters. Also here the UK it has a negative association due to the Jamie Bulger murder case. I think the only thing I like about part 3 is the music score.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #18
Cujo108
Screamy Bopper

Child's Play 3. I like the military school setting, the climax in the funhouse is the best of the series and Perrey Reeves is an added bonus. I'm not a fan of 2 at all. Of the ones I've seen (never bothered with Seed), it's the worst of the series.
Cujo108 is offline   Reply With Quote