Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Benson and Moorhead's Spring (2015)

From the directors of Resoultion (one of my favorite films of 2013). Does anyone plan on seeing this, because I am real excitied for it.

Synopsis
Evan (Pucci) is a young American fleeing to Europe to escape his past. While backpacking along the Italian coast, everything changes during a stop at an idyllic Italian village, where he meets and instantly connects with the enchanting and mysterious Louise. A flirtatious romance begins to bloom between the two however, Evan soon realizes that Louise has been harboring a monstrous, primordial secret that puts both their relationship and their lives in jeopardy.

Official Trailer

Old 03-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I thought Resolution was a total bore, easily one of the most overrated genre films of the past few years. Trailer looks very derivative of Afflicted and Contracted, neither of which I was a huge fan of. If it garners decent buzz, I'd probably check it out for free on NetFlix, but it's far from the top of my watch list.

Wow, Lou Taylor Pucci looks unrecognizable in that trailer.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Although I liked "Resolution" a lot more, Spring is still another solid effort from Benson & Moorhead. If you go into this expecting a creature feature blood bath you will be disappointed. What you get here is more of a drama based romance with a horror movie flair. The film is very heavy on dialogue and character developement so expect a very slow burn until the final act. The Italian landscape is goregeous, and the cinematography compliments it very well. I can't complain about much of anything because this is a very well exceuted film from start to finish, I just wasn't crazy about the ending. The last 30 minutes or so really builds up tension, leading the viewer to believe the finale would be balls to the walls and nihilistic. Instead, it kind of just ends, leaving the out come hanging.