Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #151
YottNik
Pay the price!

Just watched Killer Workout. This thing was dripping with cheese, from the bad acting, the tough guy cop with horrible dialogue, to some of of the most hysterical kung-fu fist-fights ever put to screen.

Not to mention the killer's weapon of choice, a giant safety pin. No, seriously!

Chock full of laugh out loud moments. Recommended.

"Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves." -- Peart

"They call me Slick."

Last edited by YottNik; 06-10-2007 at 11:59 PM.
YottNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #152
old-boo-radley
They stay the same age...

I just watched the first two Revenge of the Nerds movies for the first time. They sure don't make them like that anymore. Revenge of the Nerds has to be in my top 10 comedies of all time, it's just awesome.

I hope 3 and 4 are good, but since they appear to be TV movies, I don't have too high hopes. Ted McGinley is back for those, though, so that should be awesome.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #153
Numania

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-boo-radley View Post
I hope 3 and 4 are good, but since they appear to be TV movies, I don't have too high hopes. Ted McGinley is back for those, though, so that should be awesome.
They're not very good, but they're not super terrible. If you love the Nerds, you'll enjoy them enough. Four more than three.

I watched Adios Amigo last night. I figured I had hit paydirt, man...Richard Pryor and Fred Williamson! Comedy Western!
It was terrible. Awful. It wasn't funny and I think Pryor only did it for crack money. Dude phoned it in. Williamson wrote, produced, directed, and starred in this one. Not his best effort.
Oh well.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #154
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Speaking of terrible, I just got done with Ghost Rider. Worst rental ever. Sorry, but it wasn't good at all. I laughed at a few moments and that was about it when we're talking about my interest in the film. It was very good for one of those "Terrible Movie" lists, but as far as being a super hero movie.... Fuhgeddit.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #155
onebyone

Not everyone can handle that much CAGE, Unplugged. I feel bad for these people, because they miss so much awesomeness in life. Plus, they've been known to step on Karen, and their souls are stained by the blood of the innocent.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-17-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:04 AM   #156
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
I feel bad for these people, because they miss so much awesomeness in life.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #157
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YottNik View Post
Just watched Killer Workout. This thing was dripping with cheese, from the bad acting, the tough guy cop with horrible dialogue, to some of of the most hysterical kung-fu fist-fights ever put to screen.

Not to mention the killer's weapon of choice, a giant safety pin. No, seriously!

Chock full of laugh out loud moments. Recommended.
Yes. This movie is GOLD! I have it on VHS and will be re-watching it numerous times in the future.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #158
Workshed
October!

Date Movie Double Feature!

The Notebook (her pick) - Pretty bland, wrong-side-of-the-tracks, our-parents-won't-let-us-date love story, until the ending creeps up in one of the most fucked-up endings to a romantic drama ever. I couldn't believe it. I mean, most of the film is made up of these cheesed-out, Tiger Beat shots of Ryan Gosling, and then the film ends with some old bag shrieking in a nursing home and being injected by tranquilizers while nurses hold her down. Ah, the romance! Nicholas Sparks has no soul.

Then, we followed that pretty disorienting film with Knocked Up (my pick), which was a riot. It's rare that a mainstream comedy--that has a capital M Message--can be funny throughout and not bog down the laughs with its eventual moral. The supporting cast was so great--I loved the girlfriend of the bearded guy
Spoiler:
("Do you get mad when your baby steals your food?")
. Although, word to the wise: this film can be a total mood-killer, even though it's hysterical. Learn from my mistakes.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.

Last edited by Workshed; 06-18-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #159
Numania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
this film can be a total mood-killer, even though it's hysterical. Learn from my mistakes.
Although, if your girlfriend doesn't want to get knocked up, she can always give you some skull on the ride home.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #160
Workshed
October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numania View Post
Although, if your girlfriend doesn't want to get knocked up, she can always give you some skull on the ride home.
And speaking of "skull," my favorite line in Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (1972) was "Perhaps you'd prefer to drink from my empty skull?" A great line because it it's a cool thing to say in front of your friends when you are drunk, and because it leaves you open for a great retort--one I'm sure Irene would have muttered under her breath had she not been busy gulping down a fruit bowl full of backwashed wine.

Dear sexy, fleshy 1970s Italian women, when will you stop fooling around with dopey, sexually frustrated men? Say never. Oh look, here comes a black glove to grip your throat.

Oliviero has got to be the sweatiest character in a giallo, no? Abusing his wife in front of his hippie friends, he sweats. Abusing his wife in private, he sweats. Having a glass of J&B, he sweats. Stroking his cat, he sweats. Stroking his niece's bare calf, how he sweats. There wasn't a towel on set, a handkerchief, a tissue? Hell, couldn't he have dabbed his face with the cat? Of course, he was prone to turtlenecks and scarves in whatever indeterminate season it was.

And look, I'm going to throw down the gauntlet and say that if you weigh over 95 pounds, a cat should not be able to kick your ass.

This was a pretty entertaining film, even with the motorbike racing scenes that extended it about 10 minutes too long. The blood spurted and oozed, and the cutaways to the cat's eyes cat's eyes Cat's Eyes CAT'S EYES were hilarious.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #161
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Watched Reno 911!: Miami last night. I have to say I was blown away, laughter-wise, from what I was expecting. I'm a casual fan of the show and have only caught maybe three or four episodes all the way through. However, after watching the movie, I think I need to start catching up. Hilarious cameos from people like The Rock, Nick Swardson, Danny DeVito and tons more.... Just a very funny, semi-crass film. I'd highly recommend it.

Also, the one I rented was Unrated. I'm not sure how much was trimmed from the rated cut, but this is the way to go.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #162
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Yes. This movie is GOLD! I have it on VHS and will be re-watching it numerous times in the future.
Amazing thing is...I've owned that movie on VHS for about 12 years and never watched it all the way through (bought it used from a video store during a massive closing out sale). It's somewhere in the pile of older movies that my parents have in their basement. Will try to remember to check it out when I visit this summer.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #163
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Watched Contamination a few minutes ago. Directed by Luigi Cozzi, this is a pure ripoff of Alien (even with chestbursting!!) but in the best way possible. Tons of splatter and cheesy acting. Best way to spend a day off, IMO.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #164
Numania

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHerbertWest View Post
Watched Contamination a few minutes ago. Directed by Luigi Cozzi, this is a pure ripoff of Alien (even with chestbursting!!) but in the best way possible. Tons of splatter and cheesy acting. Best way to spend a day off, IMO.
Yeah, this is everything you want in a spaghetti ripoff. God, Italian cinema is fantastic.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #165
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Went to Severance the other night. Was very impressed. It starts off as a comedy, for the first 30 mins or so, and then immediately goes straight to horror. And actually horror, it's scary once it kicks in!

The villains are very believable and the element of the comedy at the beginning really makes you care about the characters that much more and you don't want them to die. So if you're expecting something like Club Dread, it's not quite like that. This starts as comedy then becomes an all-out hardcore horror-survial flick! Check it out! It's violent, it's scary, and it has the laughs as well. **** out of *****

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote