Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #661
snowbeast323
Maniac

I downloaded the 2000 film Hide and Seek, ain't seen it in about 4-5 years.
Jennifer Tilly sould've gotten an award fpr her trippy performance, forgot how much I loved it!

La Toya Jackson fan and proud!
snowbeast323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #662
Erick H.
HackMaster

Saw Mel Gibson's EDGE OF DARKNESS in the theater,thought it was rather effective.Caught the DVD of 1959's THE DEVIL'S HAND,a film about an evil cult,probably inspired by the Val Lewton pics of the 40's.A bit TOO low key but not bad,prefigures a few elements of ROSEMARY'S BABY by several years.Not a bad cheapie.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #663
MorallySound
There is no magic.

CURTAINS and THEY CALL ME BRUCE in glorious 35mm!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #664
Uncle Jay
Stalker

I'm on the 4-star scale!!

Moon (2009, Duncan Jones) - ***1/2
Excellent independent sci-fi film about a man (Sam Rockwell) who has been working alone at an energy harvesting station on the Moon and discovers something extraordinary about himself after three long years.

The Lake House (2006, Alejandro Agresti) - ***
Very interesting fantasy love story about two strangers (Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock) who communicate via mailbox, while they are 2 years apart, and the long, painstaking and strange journey they take to find one another in the present. A chick-flick to be sure, but I found it very interesting.

Mad Dog Time (1996, Larry Bishop) - **1/2
Very disjointed, but nonetheless fun gangster flick with a great ensemble cast including: Jeff Goldblum, Richard Dreyfuss, Gabriel Byrne, Diane Lane and Ellen Barkin. Filled with double-crosses, shoot 'em ups and wacky characters. Much fun...but don't expect "Miller's Crossing."

Fatal Attraction (1987, Adrian Lyne) - ****

Superb, innovative thriller that proves Hollywood can get it right. Michael Douglas stars as successful NY attorney Dan Gallagher, who after 9 years of a great marriage to the perfect wife (Anne Archer), decides to have an unplanned instant affair with Alex Forrest (Glenn Close), a woman that signals the sexual desires a man yearns for. What Dan doesn't know is that Alex is an unstable, psychopath that will not leave him alone...and unleashes hell in Dan's beautiful life. We've seen this material before, in "Play Misty For Me," but not this well-done. Masterfully directed by Adrian Lyne. After 23 years, the film still holds up, and well.

-UJ

Uncle Jay's Laserdiscs
Uncle Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 AM   #665
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

*** - As I've said here before, this is the best erotic thriller ever made. I gather that's because it's meant to be a noir. I can't believe when I brought up this movie in the past, it never got any response. Don't tell me you all haven't seen it. If you haven't, rent it now. Yeah, it's that good.

*** - There's nothing to say about this movie. It completely explains itself. I pretty much like the movie now as is. Only a couple very minor things stick out to me now.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 03-10-2010 at 06:44 PM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #666
dave13
HackMaster

ummm...what movies are you talking about?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #667
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
ummm...what movies are you talking about?
Can't see the covers?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #668
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Had the pleasure of witnessing an uncut 35mm print of 'Street Trash' last Friday. It was splatterific!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #669
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Can't see the covers?
no, i couldn't....but now i see two!

Am i losing my mind!?!?!?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #670
crikan
HackMaster

Bitch Slap (Unrated) 9/10 **

*letting off a a big Rick Flair*
Whoooo! I just got off a rollercoaster of cleavage, bullets, lesbian lip locks, and fisticuffs. I want to give the director/writer/creator a big effin’ kiss for delivering exactly the kind of movie I love. Bitch Slap knows exactly what it is and doesn’t pull any punches. It’s smart. It’s sexy. It’s violent. It’s fun. The pacing is perfect as the movie goes from heart-pounding fight scenes to campy green screen story sequences. Zoe Bell’s fight choreography is top-notch as always and the girls are very convincing. I think some my teeth came loose just watching. I was wondering how Hollywood allowed for such an awesome B-movie to be made and I got my answer in the first 5 minutes of the special features. Bitch Slap was funded by the director/writer/producer Rick Jacobson so the studios weren’t able water it down and screw it up. If you are interested in seeing what happens when you mix Sin City with a 90’s beer commercial, run to the store and purchase Bitch Slap. Vote with your dollars people, because we need less Transformers in theaters and more Bitch Slaps.

Rick Jacobson, you have a fan for life, thanks.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #671
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Carriers (2009) - Entertaining "Outbreak" Thriller that occasionally dips into horror territory. The German Blu-ray contains the original R-Rated version. 4/5

The Shadow Within (2007) - Arthouse Horror/Drama that sort of combines The Others with The Sixth Sense. There is some unintentional humor and the CGI effects are really awful. Besides that you'll get Euro-weird acting and a great soundtrack. All this is odd but fascinating. 3.5/5

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #672
Queen B

VAMP (1986) - Aggravatingly lackluster 80's horror-comedy. Fails to deliver the goods on either side. Very little vampire action, close to zero laughs and an underused Grace Jones. 2/5
Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 AM   #673
YottNik
Pay the price!

Last night I watched Boy Interrupted (2008), a documentary about a bipolar kid who was obsessed with death from a very young age and ended up committing suicide at 15. Not sure why I tuned in but once I started watching, I couldn't turn it off. One of the most depressing things I've seen in years. A good watch, but emotionally draining.

"Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves." -- Peart

"They call me Slick."
YottNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #674
Body Boy
HackMaster

Stage Fright (aka, Nightmares, 1980) - Hilariously bad and cheesy early slasher entry that has a lot of flare at times, only to be rattled by a heavy dose of 'what's going on', obvious killer identities, and a strange after-feeling effect. Guilty pleasure. 3/5
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #675
j tea
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickPoultry View Post
Bold - first time viewing

31- A Friendship To Die For 1/10 (A Lifetime TV Movie... WE WERE SNOWED IN!!)
shit, are we supposed to be listing lifetime movies? i might need to start a separate entry, i love those things!
j tea is offline   Reply With Quote