Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #766
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
The only way around would be to limit the characters in the post. I see you list the directors for each title, so by taking those off you'd free up a lot of characters for the rest of the films for the year.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It's going to take some time to do that so I was hoping for an easier way. Oh, well ...

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #767
dave13
HackMaster

just start a new post. first post is "1 of 2", second post is "2 of 2" or something to that effect.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #768
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

dude, you are watching a shit ton of movies.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #769
MorallySound
There is no magic.

If you get a chance to see this on the big screen, GO!

It's an absolutely amazing experience and the ending is insane! Plus, according to what I've read online from the Q&A after the original premiere in May of 2010 they said they're never ever releasing it besides the 35mm theatrical screenings.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #770
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

I'm in NYC for work this week, stuck in a hotel room, watching hotel film dreck. So far today:

When in Rome, with the tough-to-dislike Kristen Bell, who is totally but understandably slumming it here (I'm sure she must eat from time to time). Just shit.

The Adjustment Bureau, saddled with one of the worst titles of all time, this film squanders a cool concept by asking its audience to invest in one of the most trivial plots--a date! David, the fate of the world relies on you missing this date with a girl! Run, run, run! Maybe Matt Damon stays in such great shape because he fucking runs everywhere in all this films.

The Proposal, my god. Sandra Bullock, you are a dream, but you are in some of the most contrived films of all time. Deportation to Canada? Fake marriage? Betty White? Good lord.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #771
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

I watched 12 Monkeys on the plane ride home last night. I has been probably 7-10 years since I last watched it. The film held up very well; man, Brad Pitt is so good in this.

The ending, however, makes me think something different every time I watch it. Any thoughts on it?

Spoiler:
The female doctor is seated next to the rogue virologist, who has already released the pathogen into the air. She says she is in "insurance."

Is she from the future, sent back in time to identify the villain, so that they can then return earlier to stop him?

Is she from the future, sent back in time to capture a sample of the virus so they can save mankind in the future?

Is she from the present and this is just a coincidence?

If there is a definitive answer, I'd love to hear it, but speculation would be fun, too.

thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #772
dave13
HackMaster

i think that's one of the things that makes the film so good: there is no definitive answer. its completely up to your interpretation.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #773
X-human
I ate my keys

I just went through and watched all of the Twin Peaks episodes. That was one HELL of a show. I rather liked the quirkier second season and was still enjoying the ride by the final episode. For Sherilyn Fenn, of course, words cannot do justice. Cannot recommend this series enough.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #774
MorallySound
There is no magic.

We had our Fourth Anniversary midnight screening last night and since the first film we screened was Flesh for Frankenstein I thought we'd honour that first screening so we showed the original Bad Monster himself on the big screen with James Whale's Frankenstein in beautiful 35mm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frankenstein_fourthanniversary.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	6059  

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #775
Fumi
Stalker

Watched "The Hole" (2001) last night. Four college kids have a party in an abandoned military bunker. Over the course of the movie we find out exactly what happened down there, and just as importantly, why. Much more of a thriller than a horror movie, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Characters could have been developed a lot more and the pace dragged a bit in spots, but still worth a 4/5.
Fumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #776
dave13
HackMaster

after years of knowing it by reputation alone, i finally got around to watching my copy of Rituals. damn, it really was as good as people said it was. what a great wilderness slasher. the ending was a little bit of a let down,
Spoiler:
as i would have liked a bit more motivation on the part of the killer
, but it didn't detract from the quality of the rest of the film. really glad i finally got around to seeing it!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #777
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (2010)-8/10
Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol (2011)-8/10
The Dead Pit (1989)-7/10
National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985)-5/10
Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #778
dave13
HackMaster

over the last few days, I've watched all three films in the Bloody School Girls Shriek Show Triple Feature, each for the first time. Girls Nite Out was pretty awful, although the bear costume of the killer with the knives sticking out of the paw was at times funny, at times decent, but always entertaining. its obvious how Hal Holbrook ended up in this, but even so, its still a stunner to see him in something this bad. Blood Sisters was completely incoherent, and dull as hell at times. The Joe Bob Briggs commentary really redeems the disc though, it's a real winner. One Dark Night, on the other hand, was actually a really decent film. I've read some reviews that call it dull, but I didn't think so. Tom McLoughlin moves his camera all over the place, which is especially impressive considering its his first film, and very low budget. The acting and dialogue are quite good, and Meg Tilly is cute as a button, even in her awful 80's pants and hair. Adam West, while good, is kind of wasted in a nothing role. The weakest part of the film is actually the conclusion, where McLoughlin finally has to try to pull out all the stops, and it turns out there aren't really that many to pull. The floating zombies are just really cheap looking, even if he works hard to try to hide it.

Really happy with the set, though. One Dark Night and the Joe Bob commentary on Blood Sisters make it worth while.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #779
spawningblue
Deadite

I really enjoyed Girls Night Out and One Dark Night. Blood Sisters was just okay though. Great set either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
over the last few days, I've watched all three films in the Bloody School Girls Shriek Show Triple Feature, each for the first time. Girls Nite Out was pretty awful, although the bear costume of the killer with the knives sticking out of the paw was at times funny, at times decent, but always entertaining. its obvious how Hal Holbrook ended up in this, but even so, its still a stunner to see him in something this bad. Blood Sisters was completely incoherent, and dull as hell at times. The Joe Bob Briggs commentary really redeems the disc though, it's a real winner. One Dark Night, on the other hand, was actually a really decent film. I've read some reviews that call it dull, but I didn't think so. Tom McLoughlin moves his camera all over the place, which is especially impressive considering its his first film, and very low budget. The acting and dialogue are quite good, and Meg Tilly is cute as a button, even in her awful 80's pants and hair. Adam West, while good, is kind of wasted in a nothing role. The weakest part of the film is actually the conclusion, where McLoughlin finally has to try to pull out all the stops, and it turns out there aren't really that many to pull. The floating zombies are just really cheap looking, even if he works hard to try to hide it.

Really happy with the set, though. One Dark Night and the Joe Bob commentary on Blood Sisters make it worth while.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #780
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Welcome to Spring Break-5/10
The Nest-8/10
Twice Dead-8/10
Frankenstein Unbound-8/10
Repi-Kate-7/10
Dr. Cyclops-8/10
Pure Luck-7/10
King Ralph-7/10
Ghost Dad-6/10
For Richer or Poorer-8/10

Last edited by MisterTwister; 04-25-2012 at 01:49 AM.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote